Cdr: FC Barcelona - Elche CF 5-0

Ursegor

World Champion
Good point. Ursegor thinks the players suck and we wouldn't improve with a good coach. But a good coach would improve this squad a lot.

Rakitic has overhit at least 5 extremely simple passes in this game under no pressure against a relegation team that is already well beaten yet people pretend a different coach will find his switch to turn his hidden God mode on? Go on then.

F

Flavia

Rakitic has overhit at least 5 extremely simple passes in this game under no pressure against a relegation team that is already well beaten yet people pretend a different coach will find his switch to turn his hidden God mode on? Go on then.
He is terrible today, but it's one game. I've seen him do much better. Many players were garbage in Atleti, before simeone too. A great coach can change a lot of things.

Alik

People look at what Diego Simeone did with his Atletico team B yesterday, and wish we had a manager like him. He's an extreme example, but it's not far-fetched to think we can play better with the current squad.

Just better man management and tactics is possible.

MagIX

Yeah Simeone...
People look at what Simeone did with Atletico (i suppose the achievements), because if we look at which kind of soccer Atletico propose.... absolutely nothing to do with barca.

F

Flavia

Good game. After the 1-0, the flood gates were open, though. Many chances wasted in the 2nd half.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Many players were garbage in Atleti, before simeone too. A great coach can change a lot of things.

Exactly.
Great coach can make big difference.
You don't have to have world class players on all 11 positions.
I think Lucho is doing some things right but he's a bad man manager and communicator.

BarcaBarcaBarca

Good result - 3-0 in first half flattered us. For large parts, messi was being wasted out on the right, I don't know why Lucho consists on playing him. Our pressure was poor at times, as was build up play, passing (especially rakitic) and for the first half hour we looked lost. However, ney and messi got into rhythm and turned it around. Suarez took his goal well also. Loved that some parts of the crowd were chanting Enrique's name, which was met with boos and then louder chants of messi messi messi. If that was a top 4 team tonight, we would have struggled. Still, front 3 all played and all scored.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah Simeone...
People look at what Simeone did with Atletico (i suppose the achievements), because if we look at which kind of soccer Atletico propose.... absolutely nothing to do with barca.

Yeah, but the thing is, we don't have young players to replicate tiki-taka. Shifting focus from midfield to attack is one of the things Lucho does right.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, but the thing is, we don't have young players to replicate tiki-taka. Shifting focus from midfield to attack is one of the things Lucho does right.

Main focus on attack is alright, but unfortunately Lucho has settled for a non-existent midfield which makes it all worthless. If you could get a good supportive midfield then very much falls back in track again.

Would also like FBs who can actually beat their man and deliver a final ball. Right now both Alba and Alves fail badly in the final third.

Home of Barca Fans