Lliga: Real Sociedad - FC Barcelona 1-0

Busi-Messi Barca

Hi:

I just cannot take this anymore! Last year, under a much-maligned “Tata,” we were, at this junction, something like 15-1-1. We lost it in the second half! The Barcelona Sports Press, the ones responsible for running Tata out of town, suffers from amnesia, selective amnesia or moral turpitude. They (the Barcelona Sports Press) forgot that Messi got hurt! They forgot that Neymar got hurt! They forgot that Pique got hurt! And finally, they forgot that Victor Valdes got hurt! We were one goal away from winning La Liga and/or one goal away from winning La Copa del Rey. Anyone of these players would have made the difference, especially Victor Valdes. Instead we had to depend on a 38-year-old keeper whose playing career was over.

They forgot that Lucho got plenty of reinforcement and Tata had to do with what he got, with no reinforcements.

They forgot about the disastrous pre-season tour of Asia that set the team back for weeks.

They forgot that Lucho was a disaster in Milan and only had an average season with Celta.

What was Lucho thinking by sitting Messi, Neymar, and Danny at least for the first half? Madrid just lost and they looked shocked and very downed as they were hearing our footsteps behind them. We let them back in the hunt! Didn’t Lucho realize that a resounding win, might win us La Liga! I can say undoubtedly and without any reservations that we lost La Liga, today – Lucho threw it away. He is clueless!

Didn’t Bartomeu and Zubizarreta know that Barca could not bring players until January 2016? And yet the sold Cesc and Alexis! Are they mentally incapacitated? We basically traded Cesc for Rakitic and Alexis for Mugnir. That alone are grounds enough to qualify for a mental asylum internment, because they are a danger to themselves and others!

They forgot that Lucho was going to reactivate La Macia, unlike Tata. They forgot that young players, for La Macia, are in the grace of the almighty Lucho and in disgrace of the same almighty at the drop of a hat! What happened to Bartra, Mugnir, Sandro, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, Douglas, Dongou, just to name a few. Weren't they going to play a big role? They play a few minutes and then they don't for games. That is no way to break in players by giving them hope and dashing it, at the same time - well almost, but you get my point.

They forgot that Tata was breaking in players from La Macia, without any fanfare and with success.

They forgot that Tata is the one that broke in Neymar very nicely.

I totally believe that we could have used Cesc and Alexis, today. Where was Rakitik, “the new Beckenbauer,” when the team needed him the most? Filing his nails because the great one (Lucho) did not trust him. Mind you that it is not Rakitik's fault or doing. However, I prefer Cesc to Rakitik. Are you still rolling on the ground laughing your head off? In the same token and spirit of comedy, I prefer Tata to Lucho! I know, my sense of humor knows no bounds.

The “Three Stooges” of Zubi, Barto, and Lucho (the successors of Moe, Larry, and Curly) have to go - the sooner the better - especially Lucho.

Best regards,

Hektor

100% agree Hektor.

We just haven't got time to let Lucho practise being a coach any more.

L

linetty

really sad... shows how much we rely on individual brilliance of these 2 right now

BerkeleyBernie

Yeah and we lookde much better with Neymar and Messi in the second half but there wasn't enough time to get back into the game.

Seriously? Messi played the entire second half, and Neymar 30+ minutes. How is that not enough time to score even just an equalizer? Barcelona normally scores late, and you are bringing on the best players with fresh legs.

Time wasn't the problem. Barça still hasn't developed any reliable alternatives to walking the ball into the net, and that's incredibly difficult against a team sitting deep in their home stadium on a crappy pitch.

Probably a game where you would have wanted Rakitic for his outside shooting potential.

doublehh03

Seriously? Messi played the entire second half, and Neymar 30+ minutes. How is that not enough time to score even just an equalizer? Barcelona normally scores late, and you are bringing on the best players with fresh legs.

Time wasn't the problem. Barça still hasn't developed any reliable alternatives to walking the ball into the net, and that's incredibly difficult against a team sitting deep in their home stadium on a crappy pitch.

Probably a game where you would have wanted Rakitic for his outside shooting potential.

We had more chances, and you can feel the team is building up towards it. We have had games like this before where the team took an entire game to build up to a final goal. If we had 10 more minutes, I'm sure we would have scored. We kept getting into the penalty box but either due to excessive passing or not being aggressive enough, we kept losing the ball. But the build up was getting stronger and stronger, whereas in the first half was pretty much non-existant.

BerkeleyBernie

We had more chances, and you can feel the team is building up towards it. We have had games like this before where the team took an entire game to build up to a final goal. If we had 10 more minutes, I'm sure we would have scored. We kept getting into the penalty box but either due to excessive passing or not being aggressive enough, we kept losing the ball. But the build up was getting stronger and stronger, whereas in the first half was pretty much non-existant.

I just watched the first half, and actually Barça was pretty relentless. To be honest, the plays seemed to break down mostly with Suarez (*along with Munir and Montoya), who is still miles behind Messi when it comes to silky 1-2 passing on the edge of the box. One has the feeling had that been Messi in there instead, the ball would have been worked through, and, of course, Messi barely needs an inch to find a scoring angle.

Dani might have offered a bit more than Montoya, but would have killed even more plays throwing up his awful crosses, so just as well. In hindsight, Suarez on the bench with Messi starting might have generated a different outcome in the first half.

*to be expected, given their inexperience

DrPepper

It's pretty sad when you think about it, RS were a complete clusterfuck. But it gets downright depressing when you see this

Montoya-RIV.png

and notice that our team wasn't any better in that department.

Yeah, but our own defensive shape in minute 73 when we're chasing isn't that important. Especially since Sociedad had little time in organised possession meaning we had little time to fall back into a defensive shape. It was never our strong point or something we really focused on anyway. Having 3 upfront at that point also means three outlets for quick counter attacks.

The thing that worries me there is that we didn't commit more men to our left side to win the ball back, creating a pressing overload. Busquets could have been nearer to the ball, same with Xavi. The latter doesn't really have to mark the zone where Sociedad's player on their left side is. He could be nearer to the one who is going to receive the ball. But probably we won the ball a few seconds later anyway so...

frog-fcb

I dont think the problem.lay with leaving messi and neymar on the bench but basically with the fact the other 23 members of our squad arent always up to barca standard. Then you hear ones going on about luchos system but with the majority of our players coming up.through la masia when will.they realise that the tactics arent working and revert to the way they were taught to play

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
:lol:

That wink at the end. :neymar:

Also where is MAtS in that? Swear he was sat with them or is he negotiating a move away because of Luchos goalkeeping selection policy :lucho:

Home of Barca Fans