Harry Kane

JamDav1982

Van Nistelrooy was more like a good Inzaghe.

Scored a lot of goals but team had to serve him and there were a lot of better all round no.9s than him that could allow teams to play with more variety.

Man Utd got better after he left.

Centauri B

Yes. Without a doubt. United would blow £150m on him tomorrow without blinking.

He will be 34 by the second half of next season. No big club is stupid enough to blow even half the money you are mentioning on an ageing player, irrespective of who he is (or rather, was)

Zincubus

Banned
For me, Ruud from Man Utd's days was the best No9 in the world in the last 20 years.

He was a special player , I'd say and a class higher than Harry Kane ..

I just like my strikers to be extremely skilful and if they're prolific then all the better :)

I was brought up on Zico , Romario and Ronaldo ( the original not fakeCronaldo)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The Times(reputable paper) with a report in tomorrow's edition that Spurs are working on a contract extension with him as they believe that Real Madrid will be in for him with a 200m pounds bid, or at least I suppose what Spurs would want and accept for him.

Yeah, that's a WR fee. 226m euros.

Again, I ask the question.

Is 100m for Griezmann really that bad of an investment? Even if it doesn't work more than one or two seasons, you can sell him for a profit.

Givenchy

Madrid have no chance imo. Kane doesn't come across the type to force a transfer, he'll be the face of England at the WC and probably face of the PL soon.. people are going nuts over him in England, hes worth too much to Spurs and English football right now. then theres Levy to deal with

I'm seeing some ridiculous comments from the media lately clearly in cloud cuckoo land 'Madrid to sell Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema' who in their right mind would pay Ronaldo those wages at his age apart from PSG (Neyney is top dog there, 2 divas spells disaster), Benzema is shite and their only hope of Bale leaving was United, that interest looks dead now they have Sanchez. then theres the Neymar stories :rofl1:

I'll put money on it when i can but i predict a frustrating summer for them, eventually panic buying Dybala.

They'll get either him or Hazard.

More likely to be Hazard but Kane saying he wants to spend his whole career at Spurs means jack shit these days. He'll earn a lot of respect from me if he actually follows through with that.

Nothing wrong with not wanting to stay at Spurs your whole career, just don't say you want to unless you really do.

who in their right mind would pay Ronaldo those wages at his age apart from PSG

MLS/China. Penaldo would probably refuse though.

The Times(reputable paper) with a report in tomorrow's edition that Spurs are working on a contract extension with him as they believe that Real Madrid will be in for him with a 200m pounds bid, or at least I suppose what Spurs would want and accept for him.

Yeah, that's a WR fee. 226m euros.

Again, I ask the question.

Is 100m for Griezmann really that bad of an investment? Even if it doesn't work more than one or two seasons, you can sell him for a profit.

It's a good deal in this market. It's more a question of where he fits in the team. Realistically, all of Messi, Suarez, Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann have to start. Suarez being the one who could maybe lose his form/decline and be dropped.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
It's not too long ago that Kane wasn't even a guarantee starter for England and now he's apparently the best striker in the world !!??

After struggling for a while with Spurs he was loaned out for a few seasons to 4 or 5 different clubs and then moved back to Spurs - hardly the start of a world beater ..

He's nearly 25 and a decent / good player - nowhere near good enough for Barca / Real / Bayern IMHO ..

Last edited:

Ripsta

It's not too long ago that Kane wasn't even a guarantee starter for England and now he's apparently the best striker in the world !!??

After struggling for a while with Spurs he was loaned out for a few seasons to 4 or 5 different clubs and then moved back to Spurs - hardly the start of a world beater ..

He's nearly 25 and a decent / good player - nowhere near good enough for Barca / Real / Bayern IMHO ..

Rubbish, he's probably the best centre-forward in Europe right now. Don't think he'd be suited to a side like us, we can be a one trick pony at times playing at just the one pace, but he'd be ploughing them in a quick counter attacking side like Madrid.

jamrock

But Gomes is? Lol

Zincubus

Banned
Rubbish, he's probably the best centre-forward in Europe right now. Don't think he'd be suited to a side like us, we can be a one trick pony at times playing at just the one pace, but he'd be ploughing them in a quick counter attacking side like Madrid.

Above Messi / Suarez / Salah / Lewandowski / KunA etc etc

Get a grip

But Gomes is? Lol

Check the Gomes thread before you get on my case about him ..

Gomes isn't a forward , incidentally

Yes Firmino and the 20 strikers you cannot name are better than him.

Firmino would suit us more than Kane ..

Jenks

Messi and Salah are not centre-forwards, Kane is scoring at over twice the rate of Suarez this season and has probably outperformed Aguero over the past couple of seasons too - all while being in a worse team than both of them. I don't see many more #9's than Lewandowski that you could argue are doing better than him right now.

Home of Barca Fans