Harry Kane

Jenks

Whatever price Spurs get they're probably not going to be able to attract a player that can score 30 goals in a season to replace him, there's more money available to English clubs than talent ready to buy, so it would be stupid to sell him at all. You'd think they'd learn their lesson by now.

Morten

Whatever price Spurs get they're probably not going to be able to attract a player that can score 30 goals in a season to replace him, there's more money available to English clubs than talent ready to buy, so it would be stupid to sell him at all. You'd think they'd learn their lesson by now.

Well, when it comes to Spurs im not sure what to think. They didnt get CL-spot with Bale in amazing form, or with Kane. On the other hand, they secures the el-spot quite comfortably just about every season. So in a way, i dont feel that Kane is very important for Spurs, they would end up just about where they finished anyways. But if they really are going to push for the 4th, they should probably keep him, with a few good signings that could be the straw to get them to CL.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well that's the thing, they need to keep their big names as well as sign good guys to compliment them. Not, sell a big name then buy a bunch of mugs until their next big guy comes along, who they will then sell and repeat the process.

oggydude

He needs to stay at spurs for development and also prove he is not a one season wonder. He is pretty good on the ball, and has an excellent shot and touch the only thing he lacks is pace which is the reason why so many people believe he is rubbish because he is useless on FIFA.

BBZ8800

They would be really dumb to do that. Wait for one season and then make a bid. He played good for less than 4 months I think. 30M understandable, but almost 70M?!!! They could get lacazeta for much less than that.

United built their 90s and 00s teams with buying English players, British players and players from Scandinavia who were already proven in the EPL.
They weren't buying Brasilian, Argentine, Italian, Spanish and similar players (until early 00s, when most of those signings failed, except CR7).

So, imo, they are trying to get back to the roots with buying (more) English and British players.
In that sense, Harry Kane could be a new Rooney, and for them, much more attractive than French, Brasilian or Argentine Fcs.

Falcao

The English press have been getting nothing then suddenly there's a leak that United are interested in Kane. Well who isn't, he's one of the breakout stars of last season. For me Woodward is playing games, probably to defelect from the Firmino stuff that came out from Brazil the day before.

Kane won't leave Tottenham this summer unless they get a crazy, crazy offer.

Unbiased United

I hope the rumours that we have bid £40 million on him are true. Would love to see him wear the #9 for years to come.

I don't. £40 million plus for a potential one season wonder. No thanks. Many players have looked world beaters for a season before tailing off the next, I'd much rather hold off and see how he does for the next season or two.

Jenks

The most goals that Andy Carroll has ever scored in a Premier League season is... 11. The only reason Liverpool paid big money for him is because Newcastle knew they had £50m burning a hole in their pocket from the Torres sale. Johnson is a decent shout in the sense that he had one great season, but I don't recall him being rated that highly. Either way there are hardly "many" players that look like world beaters only to be one season wonders, especially at that age. Hard to a imagine that a 21 year old could fluke a 31 goal season.

Unbiased United

Like who?

There have been absolutely loads of one-season wonders. They might not have scored as many as Kane but that's either because they have usually played for lesser clubs or in different positions. Michu had that one excellent season for Swansea and has never been heard of since, Lovren was a supposed top defender after one good season but that's looking more and more ludicrous with each game he plays. Even United players have been guilty of that recently with Januzaj looking like he was going to take the world by storm a couple of seasons back but as of yet he's still all promise and little else.

The list is endless really but I'm at the tail end of a 16 hour night shift and can't be arsed expanding further. Other than to say, for me, Kane could well be lumped with Vardy, Austin and Ings by the end of the season. Who I think are all probably one season wonders and will soon be forgotten.

Last edited:

Butaan4barca

If you actually have seen him. his goals were not flukes, or tap in. He doesn't seems to me as one season wonder. his over all game is pretty good. he is definitely a star in the making.

Jenks

There have been absolutely loads of one-season wonders. They might not have scored as many as Kane but that's either because they have usually played for lesser clubs or in different positions. Michu had that one excellent season for Swansea and has never been heard of since, Lovren was a supposed top defender after one good season but that's looking more and more ludicrous with each game he plays. Even United players have been guilty of that recently with Januzaj looking like he was going to take the world by storm a couple of seasons back but as of yet he's still all promise and little else.

The list is endless really but I'm at the tail end of a 16 hour night shift and can't be arsed expanding further. Other than to say, for me, Kane could well be lumped with Vardy, Austin and Ings by the end of the season. Who I think are all probably one season wonders and will soon be forgotten.

You think that Michu, Januzaj and Lovren looked like "world beaters"?

Home of Barca Fans