Harry Kane

Truthist

So what? Ronaldo relies on service. Lewandowski relies on service. He's more like Zlatan, who also relies on service, with Kane having quarter the amount of flair and no ego coming in the package.

With Kane it doesn't even matter he's a bit slower than City-type forwards, defenders bounce off him anyway.

Probably LeBron is too far, yes, mea culpa. But I couldn't think of a reasonable blend of a strong forward who manages to not go to ground and is so massively respected as a presence on set pieces that a lot of times the only way to stop him is to double up on him or foul him. Lewa was after chosen as the parallel by the English media, which is fair enough on skill, but Harry puts teams on his back. Like literally.

Why is it that defenders only foul him? Maybe if you take off the 'English media' tinted glasses and look at it closely maybe he is making a meal of everything and if it was an opposition forward doing it to their defenders they would be accusing him diving.

El Gato

Villarato!
Why is it that defenders only foul him? Maybe if you take off the 'English media' tinted glasses and look at it closely maybe he is making a meal of everything and if it was an opposition forward doing it to their defenders they would be accusing him diving.

What English media glasses? I'm not English, nor do I listen to them talk about England, I was the first to criticise the overjoyed attitudes after the Tunisia win in studios and in pubs. Being Polish I too have a long standing dislike for English disingenuous banter and passing off their daft chants as completely sarcastic and harmless, just like many on the continent don't like that about them. I don't buy their constant disguised hype-peddling, because many are dishonest about it.

Having said that, this team and their leaders are different. Literally only Vardy and maybe Sterling & Alli seem like prick material. No Joe Harts, no playboys, no star-fuckers, no lazy players who need to be catered to by their manager.

But back to Kane..
I just like him as a type of person and a player. You can downplay the guy as being ONLY a Shearer-2nd-coming (as if that's meant to be a critique..), I agree with a lot of things that are being said about him, positive and negative. I'd just definitely rather have him on the team as a #9, as a leader, utility player, you name it. He tailors his game a lot better than those forwards supposedly superior to him. Not even sure who you personally would highlight here? He's not exactly Thierry Henry. But he's already scored more than Drogba for instance and under normal circumstances he'd have at least one minor trophy under his belt by now if Spurs were not on infant levels of pedigree. I think next season is crucial for his future. Madrid will not be after him until Pochettino arrives and until then he has all the time he needs to bring a trophy to the new White Hart Lane.

Truthist

You can't compare him to Dogba who served a different purpose. The only few players I can think of are Shearer and Lewa I suppose, possibly Batigol. Anyway, I think he's been making the most of the grappling in the box when under closer scrutiny it's clear it's six off one and half a dozen of the other.

Galning

Ronaldo having nightmares about Kane's World Cup. Six goals, three penaldos, one shot that hit the back of his leg, easy route to the final.

gsgosal

You can't compare him to Dogba who served a different purpose. The only few players I can think of are Shearer and Lewa I suppose, possibly Batigol. Anyway, I think he's been making the most of the grappling in the box when under closer scrutiny it's clear it's six off one and half a dozen of the other.

Couldn't agree more with this^. Glad I found this forum ;)

El Gato

Villarato!
Would be nice to have a real striker again, you know, someone like Kane.
Do your job, Perez.

Meh. He'd Bale it in Spain. Good breed of professional sportsman making use of his talent, but wouldn't make the transition. Ain't no Ruud.

hulinat

The Daily Retardery claims we are interested in replacing the old 32 year Suarez with Harry Kane and considering offering £200m for him lmao

Zidane82

The Daily Retardery claims we are interested in replacing the old 32 year Suarez with Harry Kane and considering offering £200m for him lmao

On tonight's showing I'd say there's a nought taken off but I still wouldn't want him for £20million either !

Home of Barca Fans