Harry Kane

JamDav1982

How many English born players have had success playing for Barca or in La Liga even?

You keep saying this and wrongly called Hughes English last time and strangely tried to say he was better than Kane.

Lineker did well for Barca until Cruyff came in and wanted other type of players.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I was thinking ' as a striker '..

As regard Gomes ... he wasn't on my radar before we bought him but now he's here I believe he has more potential than Rakitic / Paulhino/ D Suarez/ Rafinha / Vidal ....

You want Firmino, but believe Kane is not good enough?

draconifire

He will be the perfect replacement for Suarez, not exactly the same player but same in front of the goal. Plus he's better on the ball unlike suarez.

Alas its never gonna happen.

Zincubus

Banned
You want Firmino, but believe Kane is not good enough?

I reckon Firmino would fit in our play and with our current forwards and Coutinho better than Suarez and certainly better than Kane ..

Kane is suited to Spurs and EPL perfectly

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Kane is class and up there with any of the goalscorers in the EPL across the past 20 years.

I wouldn't rate him anywhere as good as Shearer or Ian Wright and they're English , there must be another 20 foreign goal scorers easily as good as Kane ... Spurs create loads of chances for him doing forget.

JamDav1982

I wouldn't rate him anywhere as good as Shearer or Ian Wright and they're English , there must be another 20 foreign goal scorers easily as good as Kane ... Spurs create loads of chances for him doing forget.

What are you judging them on?

Shearer was top notch but Kane is up there and better than likes of Wright was.

Zincubus

Banned
You keep saying this and wrongly called Hughes English last time and strangely tried to say he was better than Kane.

Lineker did well for Barca until Cruyff came in and wanted other type of players.
Hughes was better than Kane , I feel , plus Hughes wasn't protected like Kane and today's players are .

Pretty sure I said British players when I mentioned Hughes tbh

Edit

his technique isn't brilliant .... He's perfectly suited to the epl .

How many english players have been a success at barca ??! ( or abroad anywhere )

i remember fabulous british , scoring centre forwards , gary lineker and mark hughes coming to barca and flopping .

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Hughes was better than Kane , I feel , plus Hughes wasn't protected like Kane and today's players are .

Pretty sure I said British players when I mentioned Hughes tbh

No he wasnt. I doubt you ever saw much of Hughes at all.

That goes for all players that 'protection' argument and is a lame one anyway.

You claimed Lineker was a Barca failure.. he wasnt and other British striker that went in 80s was Steve Archibald who also did well.

Zincubus

Banned
No he wasnt. I doubt you ever saw much of Hughes at all.

That goes for all players that 'protection' argument and is a lame one anyway.

You claimed Lineker was a Barca failure.. he wasnt and other British striker that went in 80s was Steve Archibald who also did well.

Lineker was bought as a scoring centre forward who spent at good time of his Barca career stuck out on the wing as I recall ...

Why is the protection point a lame one ?? It's far easier nowadays to score , that's surely clear !?

Defenders use to get 'tight' and kick forwards all over the place .

Also now on earth can you know how much I saw of Mark Hughes ?!

Everyone who saw Hughes play will remember his fabulous technique , famed for over head scissor kicks - has Kane EVER even attempted one of those :)

He was the first line of defence never giving defenders or anyone a second to think or dwell on the ball - had one of the most powerful shots ever seen ...

JamDav1982

Lineker was bought as a scoring centre forward who spent at good time of his Barca career stuck out on the wing as I recall ...

Why is the protection point a lame one ?? It's far easier nowadays to score , that's surely clear !?

Defenders use to get 'tight' and kick forwards all over the place .

Also now on earth can you know how much I saw of Mark Hughes ?!

Everyone who saw Hughes play will remember his fabulous technique , famed for over head scissor kicks - has Kane EVER even attempted one of those :) He was the first line of defence never giving defenders or anyone a second to think or dwell on the ball - had one of the most powerful shots ever seen ...

Lineker scored goals until Cruyff came in and tried to play him wider. He did well and was not a failure.

That protection argument is lame and if using it for Kane use it for Messi for everyone.

Go watch some games from the 80s the space was far more than todays game. Defences were not better set up.

Can tell you havent seen much of him and are listing off stuff have read. He was not as good a player as Kane or even close really.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm out.

I don't even rate most English footballers, but to argue against this guy is crazy. Kane is as legit as they come. He's the best striker in the Premier League. Better than Aguero, Jesus, Morata, Lukaku, Lacazette and anyone else, you name it. Also top 3 in the World.

20 foreign goalscorers as good as Kane? What the heck are you smoking?

Home of Barca Fans