Harry Kane

LeeRomeno

Kane is great example of someone who was never that good or promising in his youth, but actually developed with hard work to one of the greatest strikers in his generation. Also took his chances so well, remember when he was used first time in premier and scored in like 3 games in a row.

Hardy

With all respect for this guy but watching the top scorers of the year and comparing with 10-15 years ago i wonder how fucking shit are defenders on these days.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
With all respect for this guy but watching the top scorers of the year and comparing with 10-15 years ago i wonder how fucking shit are defenders on these days.

Luca Toni(whom I was a fan of) scored 20+ in Italy when it was regarded as still a very strong league and he wasn't as good or dynamic as Kane.

The defending might have regressed a bit, but we also have better and stronger top teams now.

JamDav1982

Kane is class and up there with any of the goalscorers in the EPL across the past 20 years.

Yannik

Defending nowadays is different, not worse. There's a much bigger emphasize on positioning and pressing in the right moments, as opposed to the old man marking tackling merchants. Defenders now are required to be pacier and stronger, and especially at big teams rated by their ball playing skills. Football doesn't really encourage 1on1 defending etc anymore. Hairy defensive situations are not coached as well as back then, because the entire focus today lies preventing these situations from happening in the first place.

Actual 1on1 defending is now only a last ditch effort to prevent the attack when everything before has failed. Coaches like Pep set up everything in a way that it establishes such a dominance in certain areas that opponents will barely have the opportunity to launch an own attack anyway. So it happens rarely, but when it does happen then the defenders often just look off guard.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans