Harry Kane

Galning

Dier wasn't good either. They were all awful. The only ones that performed to their ability were probably the two full backs.

However they weren't helped by Roy who looked to have a 4-4-2 diamond formation in mind until the last friendly and when he realized then it wasn't going to work just panicked and tried to play a 4-3-3 without wingers. The player who was the worst at the tournament was Sterling however Kane, Rooney and Alli weren't much better.

A shambles doesn't cover it.

I said he wasn't shit, which doesn't mean I thought he played well. Nobody impressed me.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Thought Dier was decent for them this tournament.

Last game v Island he wasn't, but he was apparently unwell and Hodgson still played him.

El Flaco

Does anyone else here think he's a bit overrated? At least, I do.

Obviously, I'm not saying he's shit or so (which his numbers in PL speaks for itself), but he his performances in European cups and at the international stage looks genuinely poor.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Every English player is overrated.
There are many factors. Whole league is overrated by their shrewd marketing and their press have instant global reach by default due to the fact everyone speaks English.

At least pound dropped in last year so that factor is gone but not for long imo. as Euro will take a hit too.

Truthist

Shoots on sight, lacks pace or any skill, easily snuffed out in open play, yep...one of the most overrated strikers around.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Depends on how you rate him.

One of the top strikers in the PL? For sure.

In Europe or in the World? lol no

Galning

He's playing really well against Stoke right now. Two goals in half an hour, could've had a hattrick already.

Morten

He is a good player and a good striker, certainly one of the best in the PL. But that doesnt make him top-tier, but not being Lewa/Suarez level isnt something you can just demand someone to be, Kane is Benzema-level, which is decent enough. The fact that RM doesnt have a better first striker than Spurs is quite embarassing, however.

Yannik

He is a good player and a good striker, certainly one of the best in the PL. But that doesnt make him top-tier, but not being Lewa/Suarez level isnt something you can just demand someone to be, Kane is Benzema-level, which is decent enough. The fact that RM doesnt have a better first striker than Spurs is quite embarassing, however.

What is Benzema level? Is it above or below Aubameyang level? Because I'd actually rate Aubameyang a bit higher than Kane in the pecking order, although Kane is in better form.

Morten

What is Benzema level? Is it above or below Aubameyang level? Because I'd actually rate Aubameyang a bit higher than Kane in the pecking order, although Kane is in better form.

Benzema-level is being a good tier or two under the absolute best. Fairly good, but not good enough to play for the elite clubs. Relatively speaking, Benzema is quite a poor striker for a club like RM.

Devils

Spurs are low-key an amazingly run club.

Excellent youth integration and very efficient and effective in the market. The missing piece for them was always a top manager and they've finally found one in Poch.

Kane and the rest of the team have been outstanding under Poch. Their ascendency in recent times reminds me of Atletico under Simeone.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans