CAS dismisses Barcelona's transfer ban appeal

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
I really hope this means early elections will be called this summer, I can't stand another season of mediocrity and wasting messi's talent

F

Flavia

This went unnoticed, because of the bdor today:

Blatter said today he wants to" talk to a club's representative to find a possible solution for Barça". That "a great club like FCB must be an example to the world, and that the important thing in football is to accept the decisions with respect, because in football you learn to win but also learn to lose."

I really don't know what he meant by that. The only solution would be lifting the ban, or exchanging it for a fine.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
:O

Oh my goodness. That would be fantastic. New Board + New Recruits? HELL YEAH!

FQAxIv6.gif

Bertus

This went unnoticed, because of the bdor today:

Blatter said today he wants to" talk to a club's representative to find a possible solution for Barça". That "a great club like FCB must be an example to the world, and that the important thing in football is to accept the decisions with respect, because in football you learn to win but also learn to lose."

I really don't know what he meant by that. The only solution would be lifting the ban, or exchanging it for a fine.
From infos gathered by french medias that I read today about this matter, he doesn't mean that at all.

He means to find a solution to avoid Bartomeu to go against FIFA because Barto is suicidal.

But said solution doesn't mean the ban will be lifted. And medias said here (now maybe they are wrong) that Barto will lose if he tries to appeal again against FIFA in any court, and that Barto should listen instead of being suicidal.

omidferoz

I have heard that we can buy players, just not register them and use them until our ban is lifted. If that is true we can buy players in the summer and just wait 6 months to use them, it´s not that bad to be honest.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
I have heard that we can buy players, just not register them and use them until our ban is lifted. If that is true we can buy players in the summer and just wait 6 months to use them, it´s not that bad to be honest.

We can agree to sign players but cannot actually sign anyone until next year.

Doubt many top players would want to just train for 6 months so it would more likely be a pre-agreement sort of thing

King5Puyi

" Barca's appeal against the ban was dismissed in December and the club now faces the prospect of not being able to sign players for both 2015 transfer windows.

However, club president Josep Maria Bartomeu is hoping to meet with FIFA representatives - despite the club having cut off ties with football's governing body for the time being - as Barca seek a possible solution.

The Blaugrana are thought to be investigating two possible options.

The first would be to sign a player who would be able to train with the club and appear in friendly matches - not dissimilar to the signing of Luis Suarez while suspended last summer - but the players would remain unavailable to play in competitive fixtures until January.

Although, this would result in potential new signings losing significant match fitness.

Another, more realistic, possibility would include signing players as usual, but allowing them to remain with their clubs until the ban is lifted next year. "

My only fear is :bartomeu: trying to do his best looking for loopholes is only going to piss off Blatter&Co and we end up getting heftier punishments.

omidferoz

We can agree to sign players but cannot actually sign anyone until next year.

Doubt many top players would want to just train for 6 months so it would more likely be a pre-agreement sort of thing

they can just stay at their own club and play until they can play for us, can´t that be a possibility?

omidferoz

" Barca's appeal against the ban was dismissed in December and the club now faces the prospect of not being able to sign players for both 2015 transfer windows.

However, club president Josep Maria Bartomeu is hoping to meet with FIFA representatives - despite the club having cut off ties with football's governing body for the time being - as Barca seek a possible solution.

The Blaugrana are thought to be investigating two possible options.

The first would be to sign a player who would be able to train with the club and appear in friendly matches - not dissimilar to the signing of Luis Suarez while suspended last summer - but the players would remain unavailable to play in competitive fixtures until January.

Although, this would result in potential new signings losing significant match fitness.

Another, more realistic, possibility would include signing players as usual, but allowing them to remain with their clubs until the ban is lifted next year. "

My only fear is :bartomeu: trying to do his best looking for loopholes is only going to piss off Blatter&Co and we end up getting heftier punishments.

That´s Gold. So much for that ban, not gonna effect us anyway. bartomeu you sneaky bastard.

Onuphrius

If that's the case, then the board should send couple truckloads of money to Dortmund. Getting Reus and Gundogan in January and them being eligible for UCL would be golden.

Home of Barca Fans