CAS dismisses Barcelona's transfer ban appeal

Kohe321

So Vermaelen and Douglas are the last signings of this board... Can't get a more fitting summary of their reign than this, it's almost poetic.

This is better than the alternative IMO. I'd rather save the transfer budget for someone who knows what they're doing than let these guys loose with a huge amount of money yet again, they have only done more harm than good so far in transfers, downgrading us like crazy. We really need presidential elections in 2015 regardless of the ban getting upheld. The new board should get time to start internal repairs and some months to do proper planning ahead of the 2016 transferwindow so they can make it a good one, because we can't afford to fail in the transfermarket on that one.

Too bad with the La Masia kids not getting the ban reduced, that's the truly sad thing about this.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I feel bad for Lee & the others. How can you not allow young kids to play football? It's insane how much has been damaged and I don't think it will stop.

They can and it is their choice ,they have no obligation to stay here and can go back to their country and be with their parents and play football .they are choosing to stay here and not playing football.to FIFA it is their choice not FIFA's choice

serghei

Considering what transfers we made, it would've been better to not appeal the decision in the first place. Our team from last year is better than the one from this year. That's the true irony. This board is truly clueless.

khaled_a_d

So Vermaelen and Douglas are the last signings of this board... Can't get a more fitting summary of their reign than this, it's almost poetic.

This is better than the alternative IMO. I'd rather save the transfer budget for someone who knows what they're doing than let these guys loose with a huge amount of money yet again, they have only done more harm than good so far in transfers, downgrading us like crazy. We really need presidential elections in 2015 regardless of the ban getting upheld. The new board should get time to start internal repairs and some months to do proper planning ahead of the 2016 transferwindow so they can make it a good one, because we can't afford to fail in the transfermarket on that one.

Too bad with the La Masia kids not getting the ban reduced, that's the truly sad thing about this.

If the board stayed until 2016 no chance they won't make signings in winter 2016

Kohe321

If the board stayed until 2016 no chance they won't make signings in winter 2016

True, but they probably won't stay that long I feel. Also, that thought is scary, because what truly good improvements for Barca that are not CL-bound can be bought in a Januray window, especially by these guys? It has another Douglas written all over it

serghei

Next summer we need to start with the board and the coach. It's not like we have a bad squad or smth. The board and the manager need to go IMO. Lucho has until the end of the season, but I doubt he'll do better than Tata. I don't see him playing with the trophy on the table 2 games this season, most likely, by april we'll be out of all of them.

Morten

On the brigth side, this means giving many opportunities to la masia talents, at least in midfield and defense. Dont imagine any of your talents taking the spot of Messi, Neymar, Suarez or Pedro. Who knows, maybe you fins the next Xaviesta or something.

F

Flavia

Indeed. Hopefully this will be the last straw. The legal team of this board is also as bad as they are, they lost everything they took part on. A shame to see this happening.

I

instinct

The possibility that there won't be early elections AND that the current will be re-elected exists, no matter how much they've damaged. We shouldn't forget that.

Samuel Eto'o

Such a shame that the board is consistently disrespecting the players and the fans and ultimately destroying the great gains we've made in recent years.

MagIX

I can’t believe that a club like Barcelona has a board so fucking incompetent!
We have become a laughing stock !

I feel sorry for the team, they did not deserve that.
I’am sure 1000% that with a better management we would have won more titles and we would continue to be at the highest level . And we would be talking about the 6. ballon d’or in a row for Messi. Even with the injury, because even this injury has been managed very badly.

MessiDinho10

Can we call Deulofeu and Suarez back from loan? Would be very strange if Sevilla does not want them anymore, but we cannot take them back, as an example.

Home of Barca Fans