Champions League: FC Barcelona - Paris Saint Germain 3-1

hardyboy

rakitic2b2barcpsga_zpsaafc02b4.png

Wednesday the 10th of December 2014​

BARCELONA (CET), 20:45 | LOS ANGELES (PST), 11:45 | MONTREAL/NEW YORK (EST), 14:45 | LONDON (GMT), 19:45 | DUBAI (GST), 23:45 | MELBOURNE (AEDT), 06:45 (NEXT DAY)​

CAMP NOU
BARCELONA

campnoubarcelonacampnou_zpsa6c5748b.jpg

PREVIOUS MEETINGS

MATCH DAY 3

• Barcelona beat Paris on away goals after two draws –
2-2 at Parc des Princes, 1-1 at the Camp Nou – in the 2012/13 quarter-finals.

• The lineups for the second leg in Barcelona on 10 April 2013 were:
Barcelona: Valdés, Daniel Alves, Piqué, Adriano (Bartra 62), Alba, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Villa (Song 84), Fàbregas (Messi 62), Pedro.
Paris: Sirigu, Jallet (Van der Wiel 88), Alex, Thiago Silva, Maxwell, Lucas, Verratti (Beckham 83), Motta, Pastore, Ibrahimović, Lavezzi (Gameiro 81).

• Barcelona's only win in six games against Paris was their 1-0 triumph in the 1996/97 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup final. Luis Enrique played for Barcelona but Blanc, then a Barça player, did not feature in the final.

• Prior to beating Barcelona 3-2 on matchday two, the Parisian club's only victory over the Blaugrana had been a 2-1 home success in the 1994/95 UEFA Champions League quarter-finals (3-2 agg).

Coach and player links

• Blanc and Luis Enrique played together at the Camp Nou during the former's solitary campaign there (1996/97).

• Blanc was in charge of the France side beaten 2-0 by Spain in the UEFA EURO 2012 quarter-finals. Jordi Alba, Sergio Busquets, Gerard Piqué, Xavi, Andrés Iniesta and Pedro Rodríguez all featured.

• Ibrahimović spent 2009/10 at Barcelona, winning four trophies and scoring 16 goals in 29 Liga outings.

• Academy product Motta made 96 Liga appearances for Barcelona, scoring six goals. He won two Spanish titles and was an unused substitute for their 2006 UEFA Champions League final win.

• Maxwell made 57 Liga appearances for Barcelona (2009–12) and won two league titles but was not involved in the 2011 UEFA Champions League final.

• Luiz scored a goal and put a penalty past Claudio Bravo to help Brazil beat Chile on spot kicks after a 1-1 draw in the World Cup round of 16.

• Silva headed an added-time equaliser for AC Milan in a 2-2 draw at Barcelona on the opening night of the 2011/12 UEFA Champions League.

GENERAL STATS

ScreenShot2014-12-08at83717pm_zps9687b0cb.png

PRE-MATCH STATS

ScreenShot2014-12-08at83607pm_zpsbf7b621e.png

GOAL STATS

ScreenShot2014-12-08at83542pm_zpsdd7f8ded.png

Last edited:

gatsu

Second big test after Valencia, we'll see if Lucho learned something from the away game, PSG will play basically using the same tactic, a defensive formation, limiting spaces and betting all on the counters and set piece.

Against Espanyol we saw how easy it is to find the spaces between our lines, there is a hole in the centre due to the position of the midfielders under Lucho, combined with little defensive work from the 3 forwards, for that specific reason i want to see Pedro instead of Neymar or Suarez.

ter Stegen
Adriano, Mascherano, Mathieu, Alba
Busquets
Rakitic, Iniesta
Pedro, Messi, Suarez

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice preview Hardy :)

I rated Espanyol match as more important one for us but this match is about prestige and I expect us to go out with guns blazing as opposed to disinterested start vs. Pericos.

Last we lost the match because of set pieces, stegen and alves. This time I expect pique to start Even though masch is a better player. Alves out is a blessing, adriano as right back is a good solution. I dont expect us to win, but a draw would be a decent result.

Bertus

Second big test after Valencia, we'll see if Lucho learned something from the away game, PSG will play basically using the same tactic, a defensive formation, limiting spaces and betting all on the counters and set piece.

Against Espanyol we saw how easy it is to find the spaces between our lines, there is a hole in the centre due to the position of the midfielders under Lucho, combined with little defensive work from the 3 forwards, for that specific reason i want to see Pedro instead of Neymar or Suarez.

ter Stegen
Adriano, Mascherano, Mathieu, Alba
Busquets
Rakitic, Iniesta
Pedro, Messi, Suarez
I am not sure you will be able to properly rate Barca after a game against PSG.

If you follow PSG since the start of this season, they are nowhere near as good as the best potential winners of the CL.

RM, Bayern, chelsea, Atleti etc. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PSG. Right now.

As for PSG, I don't expect anything. A very nice game as usual for me when those two meet up.

If PSG wins, it's good, even if it means Blanc won't be fired anytime soon.
If Barca wins, it's good, I am a fan of Barca too, and it means PSG's board might start to change things finally.
If Barca steamrolls them, then Blanc will probably be fired during the winter mercato, which is great too.

F

Flavia

I am not sure you will be able to properly rate Barca after a game against PSG.

If you follow PSG since the start of this season, they are nowhere near as good as the best potential winners of the CL.

RM, Bayern, chelsea, Atleti etc. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PSG. Right now.

As for PSG, I don't expect anything. A very nice game as usual for me when those two meet up.

If PSG wins, it's good, even if it means Blanc won't be fired anytime soon.
If Barca wins, it's good, I am a fan of Barca too, and it means PSG's board might start to change things finally.
If Barca steamrolls them, then Blanc will probably be fired during the winter mercato, which is great too.

You said that before the 1st leg too :p
Blanc kinda schooled Lucho in the 1st leg.

Bertus

You said that before the 1st leg too :p
Blanc kinda schooled Lucho in the 1st leg.
1/ Not my fault if illogical things happen sometimes.

2/ Blanc didn't school Lucho at all. Besides here where people overreact, everyone said it could have gone both ways, and that Barcelona didn't do so bad while PSG got a bit luckier.

3/ Messi was not at the top of his form like he is right now.

4/ Don't accuse me if Barca underperforms because Lucho tries something new and stupid again. And that won't mean PSG is great in any form or shape.

F

Flavia

1/ Not my fault if illogical things happen sometimes.

2/ Blanc didn't school Lucho at all. Besides here where people overreact, everyone said it could have gone both ways, and that Barcelona didn't do so bad while PSG got a bit luckier.

3/ Messi was not at the top of his form like he is right now.

4/ Don't accuse me if Barca underperforms because Lucho tries something new and stupid again. And that won't mean PSG is great in any form or shape.

Barça was a bit unlucky, but blanc set psg to take advantage of Barça's weakness, and he did a good job.

Home of Barca Fans