Champions League: FC Barcelona - Paris Saint Germain 3-1

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't care how many goals Messi scores or not, just want a win on Wednesday. I'd be more than happy to take a 1:0 win.

We can't afford to lose/draw PSG.

Neymessi

I am not sure you will be able to properly rate Barca after a game against PSG.

If you follow PSG since the start of this season, they are nowhere near as good as the best potential winners of the CL.

RM, Bayern, chelsea, Atleti etc. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PSG. Right now.

As for PSG, I don't expect anything. A very nice game as usual for me when those two meet up.

If PSG wins, it's good, even if it means Blanc won't be fired anytime soon.
If Barca wins, it's good, I am a fan of Barca too, and it means PSG's board might start to change things finally.
If Barca steamrolls them, then Blanc will probably be fired during the winter mercato, which is great too.

Psg may not be that good but it can still draw at camp nou and change things drastically for barca.

SeloBarca

PSG will play with Ibra which is quite slow. Atleast one of the central defenders should be a fast one that arent easily turned away.
Bartra would probably be best for that job but it will probably be Masche + Pique or Mathieu.
Lucas will be on RW as usual so need 2 fast defenders on that side. Aslong as Alba plays the way hes done recently its ok.

Ter Stegen
Alves-Masche-Bartra-Alba
Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta
Messi-Suarez-Neymar

F

Flavia

PSG will play with Ibra which is quite slow. Atleast one of the central defenders should be a fast one that arent easily turned away.
Bartra would probably be best for that job but it will probably be Masche + Pique or Mathieu.
Lucas will be on RW as usual so need 2 fast defenders on that side. Aslong as Alba plays the way hes done recently its ok.

Ter Stegen
Alves-Masche-Bartra-Alba
Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta
Messi-Suarez-Neymar

Alves is suspended. Also, xavi - busi - iniesta shouldn't start together again. And xavi played the whole game against espanyol, so he better start on the bench.

I'd play

Mats
Adriano - Pique - Mathieu - Alba
Rakitic - Busi - Iniesta
MSN

Neymessi

Ter Stegen
Alves-Masche-Bartra-Alba
Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta
Messi-Suarez-Neymar

Damn I forgot about lucas.That guy always gives us problems.

Danzu

Starting Xavi would not be a good idea, He just does not give us that defensive aspect that rakitic does. I consider bartra-Mathieu as our ideal partnership but considering how they havent played together much. Pique-Mathieu should start. Mascherano(please no way!!) :xavi:. I am tired of conceding Aerial Goals, I do NOT want a Masch vs Ibra Aerial duel (Just visualize that situation if you think we should start masche). It will be tough but i expect Barca to win. Adriano should star ahead of Douglas. Considering Montoya will prob be on his usual spot :lucho:. And Starting Bartra vs PSG is a BAD idea, This is no time to try something new and we i dont think anyone here wants a repeat of the Copa :shakeshead:.

Mats
Adriano - Pique/Bartra - Mathieu - Alba
Rakitic - Busi - Iniesta
M-S-N

Prediction:2-1

Vica Barca! :barca scarf:

Last edited:

DinhoR10

If Messi plays the same way he's been playing and Lucho doesn't pull that double pivot with xavi on top crap again we should win. And hopefully iniesta plays well, for the last couple years you could predicate our results on the form of Messi or Iniesta, hasnt changed too much under Lucho.

beogatts

a win is enuf for me. i would do..1st half:
Ter Stegen
Alves-Bartra-Math-Alba
Busquets-Masche
Xavi-Iniesta
Messi-Neymar

2nd half:
Ter Stegen
Alves-Masche-Bartra-Alba
Busquets
Raki-Iniesta
Messi
Suarez-Neymar

:lucho:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Alves is suspended. Also 4-4-2? Do you want Lucho to throw out an experimental lineup in a big game again? :mou:

pawanme10

Nice preview, man!

2/ Blanc didn't school Lucho at all. Besides here where people overreact, everyone said it could have gone both ways, and that Barcelona didn't do so bad while PSG got a bit luckier.

Indeed! :)

Alves suspension is a blessing in disguise, that man has been terrible in defense and offense. He never marks his man properly and sells himself out way too soon.
Playing in the Nou Camp can go both ways, if the atmosphere is like what it was in the first half we'll be playing right into PSG's hands, on the other hand, if it was like anything in the second half we play with 12 men. :D
Fickle crowd.

All things considered, Messi is ought to make the difference with that blistering form of his, not a defender in the world (not even 50M rated defenders) can do anything when he is like that. Hoping for a good game.

Samuel Eto'o

Feel like with Alves out it is a good thing. As long we don't play at a snail's pace we would be fine. When we play at a snail's pace it helps to stifle our creativity and we find it much more difficult to break down the opponents.

I want Suarez to either score the first goal or the winner.

Neimax

MundoDeportivo writes that Bartra might play at the right side instead of Alves. What do you think of that? I'm sceptical, because I think he's too slow for that. But if it works, it would be a possibility for the near future. I think he already played several times in that position in the youth teams. Might be interesting.

Home of Barca Fans