User Tag List

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 342

Thread: Champions League: FC Barcelona - Paris Saint Germain 3-1

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    hardyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In Your <3
    Posts
    2,935
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Champions League: FC Barcelona - Paris Saint Germain 3-1



    Wednesday the 10th of December 2014


    BARCELONA (CET), 20:45 | LOS ANGELES (PST), 11:45 | MONTREAL/NEW YORK (EST), 14:45 | LONDON (GMT), 19:45 | DUBAI (GST), 23:45 | MELBOURNE (AEDT), 06:45 (NEXT DAY)



    CAMP NOU
    BARCELONA



    PREVIOUS MEETINGS

    MATCH DAY 3




    • Barcelona beat Paris on away goals after two draws –
    2-2 at Parc des Princes, 1-1 at the Camp Nou – in the 2012/13 quarter-finals.




    • The lineups for the second leg in Barcelona on 10 April 2013 were:
    Barcelona: Valdés, Daniel Alves, Piqué, Adriano (Bartra 62), Alba, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Villa (Song 84), Fàbregas (Messi 62), Pedro.
    Paris: Sirigu, Jallet (Van der Wiel 88), Alex, Thiago Silva, Maxwell, Lucas, Verratti (Beckham 83), Motta, Pastore, Ibrahimović, Lavezzi (Gameiro 81).

    • Barcelona's only win in six games against Paris was their 1-0 triumph in the 1996/97 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup final. Luis Enrique played for Barcelona but Blanc, then a Barça player, did not feature in the final.

    • Prior to beating Barcelona 3-2 on matchday two, the Parisian club's only victory over the Blaugrana had been a 2-1 home success in the 1994/95 UEFA Champions League quarter-finals (3-2 agg).


    Coach and player links


    • Blanc and Luis Enrique played together at the Camp Nou during the former's solitary campaign there (1996/97).

    • Blanc was in charge of the France side beaten 2-0 by Spain in the UEFA EURO 2012 quarter-finals. Jordi Alba, Sergio Busquets, Gerard Piqué, Xavi, Andrés Iniesta and Pedro Rodríguez all featured.

    • Ibrahimović spent 2009/10 at Barcelona, winning four trophies and scoring 16 goals in 29 Liga outings.

    • Academy product Motta made 96 Liga appearances for Barcelona, scoring six goals. He won two Spanish titles and was an unused substitute for their 2006 UEFA Champions League final win.

    • Maxwell made 57 Liga appearances for Barcelona (2009–12) and won two league titles but was not involved in the 2011 UEFA Champions League final.

    • Luiz scored a goal and put a penalty past Claudio Bravo to help Brazil beat Chile on spot kicks after a 1-1 draw in the World Cup round of 16.

    • Silva headed an added-time equaliser for AC Milan in a 2-2 draw at Barcelona on the opening night of the 2011/12 UEFA Champions League.



    GENERAL STATS



    PRE-MATCH STATS



    GOAL STATS


    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ribbontemplatepsgbarcamatchday6_zps0c550864.jpg  
    Last edited by hardyboy; 8th December 2014 at 06:04 PM.

  2. #2
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,387
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, Hardyboy.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    hardyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In Your <3
    Posts
    2,935
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Nice, Hardyboy.
    Thanks bro I hope my match day thread proves to be lucky for the team...Hope they win comfortably and Messi scores another hattrick..arty1:
    Last edited by hardyboy; 8th December 2014 at 06:37 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Casablanca
    Posts
    1,202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second big test after Valencia, we'll see if Lucho learned something from the away game, PSG will play basically using the same tactic, a defensive formation, limiting spaces and betting all on the counters and set piece.

    Against Espanyol we saw how easy it is to find the spaces between our lines, there is a hole in the centre due to the position of the midfielders under Lucho, combined with little defensive work from the 3 forwards, for that specific reason i want to see Pedro instead of Neymar or Suarez.

    ter Stegen
    Adriano, Mascherano, Mathieu, Alba
    Busquets
    Rakitic, Iniesta
    Pedro, Messi, Suarez

  5. #5
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    26,239
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice preview Hardy

    I rated Espanyol match as more important one for us but this match is about prestige and I expect us to go out with guns blazing as opposed to disinterested start vs. Pericos.

  6. #6
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MATS
    Adriano-Pique-Mathieu-Alva
    Busi
    Rakitic-Iniesta
    Suarez-Messi-Neymar

  7. #7
    SiempreBlaugrana
    KingMessi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    13,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ter Stegen
    Adriano-Pique-Mathieu-Alba
    Rakitic-Busquets-Iniesta
    Messi-Suarez-Neymar

    QUE D10S NOS PROTEJA

  8. #8
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last we lost the match because of set pieces, stegen and alves. This time I expect pique to start Even though masch is a better player. Alves out is a blessing, adriano as right back is a good solution. I dont expect us to win, but a draw would be a decent result.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Bertus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,241
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gatsu View Post
    Second big test after Valencia, we'll see if Lucho learned something from the away game, PSG will play basically using the same tactic, a defensive formation, limiting spaces and betting all on the counters and set piece.

    Against Espanyol we saw how easy it is to find the spaces between our lines, there is a hole in the centre due to the position of the midfielders under Lucho, combined with little defensive work from the 3 forwards, for that specific reason i want to see Pedro instead of Neymar or Suarez.

    ter Stegen
    Adriano, Mascherano, Mathieu, Alba
    Busquets
    Rakitic, Iniesta
    Pedro, Messi, Suarez
    I am not sure you will be able to properly rate Barca after a game against PSG.

    If you follow PSG since the start of this season, they are nowhere near as good as the best potential winners of the CL.

    RM, Bayern, chelsea, Atleti etc. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PSG. Right now.

    As for PSG, I don't expect anything. A very nice game as usual for me when those two meet up.

    If PSG wins, it's good, even if it means Blanc won't be fired anytime soon.
    If Barca wins, it's good, I am a fan of Barca too, and it means PSG's board might start to change things finally.
    If Barca steamrolls them, then Blanc will probably be fired during the winter mercato, which is great too.

  10. #10
    Flavia
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertus View Post
    I am not sure you will be able to properly rate Barca after a game against PSG.

    If you follow PSG since the start of this season, they are nowhere near as good as the best potential winners of the CL.

    RM, Bayern, chelsea, Atleti etc. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PSG. Right now.

    As for PSG, I don't expect anything. A very nice game as usual for me when those two meet up.

    If PSG wins, it's good, even if it means Blanc won't be fired anytime soon.
    If Barca wins, it's good, I am a fan of Barca too, and it means PSG's board might start to change things finally.
    If Barca steamrolls them, then Blanc will probably be fired during the winter mercato, which is great too.
    You said that before the 1st leg too
    Blanc kinda schooled Lucho in the 1st leg.

  11. #11
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We must score early (within 15-20 minutes). This team is a different team when they score first, and early.

  12. #12
    linetty
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavia View Post
    You said that before the 1st leg too
    Blanc kinda schooled Lucho in the 1st leg.
    Parc des Princes worked in their favour though. Now we're on the Camp Nou.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Bertus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,241
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavia View Post
    You said that before the 1st leg too
    Blanc kinda schooled Lucho in the 1st leg.
    1/ Not my fault if illogical things happen sometimes.

    2/ Blanc didn't school Lucho at all. Besides here where people overreact, everyone said it could have gone both ways, and that Barcelona didn't do so bad while PSG got a bit luckier.

    3/ Messi was not at the top of his form like he is right now.

    4/ Don't accuse me if Barca underperforms because Lucho tries something new and stupid again. And that won't mean PSG is great in any form or shape.

  14. #14
    Flavia
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertus View Post
    1/ Not my fault if illogical things happen sometimes.

    2/ Blanc didn't school Lucho at all. Besides here where people overreact, everyone said it could have gone both ways, and that Barcelona didn't do so bad while PSG got a bit luckier.

    3/ Messi was not at the top of his form like he is right now.

    4/ Don't accuse me if Barca underperforms because Lucho tries something new and stupid again. And that won't mean PSG is great in any form or shape.
    Barça was a bit unlucky, but blanc set psg to take advantage of Barça's weakness, and he did a good job.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    dakt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    5,418
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy win.