Pierre-Emile Kordt Hojbjerg

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Not even in the squad tonight.
Kid really needs to get the hell out of Bayern ASAP.

Not sure it would help that much. I'm beginning to wonder whether he was overrated rather highly. Bayern played beautifully yesterday against Milan, but Heuberg stood out in that he was fairly horrible most of the time. Slow in his movements as well as thinking/decision-making, slow/inaccurate passes, horrible shooting accuracy...
tbh, his loan spell at Augsburg also was nothing worth mentioning. I don't think he's Bayern material in the long-run.

Trickykid

Not sure it would help that much. I'm beginning to wonder whether he was overrated rather highly. Bayern played beautifully yesterday against Milan, but Heuberg stood out in that he was fairly horrible most of the time. Slow in his movements as well as thinking/decision-making, slow/inaccurate passes, horrible shooting accuracy...
tbh, his loan spell at Augsburg also was nothing worth mentioning. I don't think he's Bayern material in the long-run.

If I were to review our Barça players from random preseason games, I'd have to judge half of them overrated too. Slightly pointless, don't you think? Whenever I saw him at Augsburg, the Danish u21 and Denmark's national team, he usually looked very promising. Raw, but even a blind man could see potential in this 19 year kid - just as most medias and the people on Bayernzone (for what it's worth) can.

I really don't see what you seem to think 'won't help much' in relation to a move away in order to get regular minutes under his belt? I mean, no matter your potential (I honestly couldn't rare less if he's Bayern starter material, as much less will do), you will profit from playing on a regular basis, no?

In regards to why Pep seems reluctant to use him, then I think it's a safe bet to speculate that Pep probably won't be at Bayern for many more seasons. He knows he has to win the ChL this year (or at least mount a much more serious challenge than in his first two attempts), so why spend time giving youngsters that right now are inferior to others many minutes?

We'll see. Hopefully he's not too stubborn to not accept a move away from Bavaria.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

What? PEH was one of the best Augsburg players last season, if not the best.

I didn't pay much attention to him yesterday but generally PEH plays well whenever he gets the opportunity to play for Bayern. Even if he was indeed poor, how could you judge him just by one game?

Yeah, I'd say he should get the hell out of Bayern too as he will not be getting many minutes at all there.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If I were to review our Barça players from random preseason games, I'd have to judge half of them overrated too. Slightly pointless, don't you think? Whenever I saw him at Augsburg, the Danish u21 and Denmark's national team, he usually looked very promising. Raw, but even a blind man could see potential in this 19 year kid - just as most medias and the people on Bayernzone (for what it's worth) can.

I really don't see what you seem to think 'won't help much' in relation to a move away in order to get regular minutes under his belt? I mean, no matter your potential (I honestly couldn't rare less if he's Bayern starter material, as much less will do), you will profit from playing on a regular basis, no?

In regards to why Pep seems reluctant to use him, then I think it's a safe bet to speculate that Pep probably won't be at Bayern for many more seasons. He knows he has to win the ChL this year (or at least mount a much more serious challenge than in his first two attempts), so why spend time giving youngsters that right now are inferior to others many minutes?

We'll see. Hopefully he's not too stubborn to not accept a move away from Bavaria.

Prior to PEH being loaned out to FC Augsburg last season he was reportedly not very happy for the playing time he got under Guardiola and was seeking to leave Bayern for good, not too different from what we experienced with Thiago.

So I hope he will come to his senses and finally decide to leave Bayern and go to a place where he will shine.

Trickykid

Prior to PEH being loaned out to FC Augsburg last season he was reportedly not very happy for the playing time he got under Guardiola and was seeking to leave Bayern for good, not too different from what we experienced with Thiago.

So I hope he will come to his senses and finally decide to leave Bayern and go to a place where he will shine.

Indeed.
It's a shame Dortmund didn't manage to snap him up back when those rumors surfaced. It would have been the perfect club for him. Less than Dortmund will do, of course, and I'm sure he could develop at a stable top 5-10 club in the Bundesliga.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

What? PEH was one of the best Augsburg players last season, if not the best.

I didn't pay much attention to him yesterday but generally PEH plays well whenever he gets the opportunity to play for Bayern. Even if he was indeed poor, how could you judge him just by one game?

Yeah, I'd say he should get the hell out of Bayern too as he will not be getting many minutes at all there.

I didn't judge him on a single game alone. As if I would do that even to a non-Bayern player. :D But yesterday was a good representation of the impression I had of him whenever I saw him play (ok, tbh it was worse than the general impression).
For Bayern, he never looked special, average at best compared to his teammates.

The best for Augsburg? Are you serious? How any games did you watch? Werner, Baier, Bobadilla, Verhaeg were all much more influential for Augsburg. Heuberg didn't even start at times. His kicker grades (among the most reliable in German sports media) are a perfect representation of whenever I saw him play, 3 (of 6) on average, with not a single game better than 2.5 IIRC, which already was the rare exception (I had him in a manger game) and that exactly proves my point. He is not special. Sure, he will be a solid performer, but most likely never more than that.

Last edited:

Trickykid

[MENTION=16262]Ryu Hayabusa[/MENTION]

Danish media is linking him to Leverkusen as a substitute for the injured Aranguiz. One paper is talking about a loan and another about a sale. Both seem to quote Bild (and Kicker from a few days ago).

Initially Leverkusen sounds like a great destination, but then again, both Kramer and of course Bender are more or less ireplacable I'm guessing, so he'd probably have a hard time getting a regular spot in the starting XI. Aside from not rating him, what's your take on it?

Trickykid

Apparently Mathias Sammer told medias today, that it would make sense to send PEH on loan again. I'm really hoping for a quality club like Schalke or Leverkusen. The latter especially of course, now that we're facing them in the ChL.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Apparently Mathias Sammer told medias today, that it would make sense to send PEH on loan again. I'm really hoping for a quality club like Schalke or Leverkusen. The latter especially of course, now that we're facing them in the ChL.

Rumor has it then he will go back to Augsburg where his playing time is pretty much guaranteed.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

How is Schalkes midfield looking? Should he be able to nail a starting spot?

ludicrous decision.

Geis is their new go-to man, so if at all, he can challenge Goretzka, who is of similar age and talent but owned 100% by Schalke. He would also have to fend off former starter Neustädter. So with a little bit of ill-luck, he might as well find himself the 4th choice for the two CM spots.

Home of Barca Fans