UEFA Nations League

C:C from wikipedia

The 2018–19 UEFA Nations League will be the inaugural season of the UEFA Nations League, a planned international association football competition involving the men's national teams of the 54 member associations of UEFA.[1] The competition, which will be held from September 2018 to June 2019, will also serve as an additional qualification tournament for the UEFA Euro 2020, awarding four of the twenty-four final tournament slots.
/C:C

This "competition" is expected to replace most european friendly matches. There will be four divisions, each composed of about 4 groups of four teams. Each division winner will earn a place at the euro regardless of their qualification campaigns. If the whole thing is deemed a success, it will take place every other year.

To me it looks like overcomplicating things, also games might become more intense, dunno if it's a good or bad thing.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
4 divisions of 4 groups of 4 teams? That's 64 teams. UEFA has only 54 FA's. What the hell? Does this open up the possibility of guest teams like Brazil/Argentina/etc. in the Euros?

Iarwain

2082037_w2.jpg

http://www.uefa.com/community/news/newsid=2079553.html

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Never thought I'd be able to say it but international football may have just got even worse

Why does everything Platini puts forth have to be retarded ? The white card isn't a bad idea at all, and it certainly wasn't coined by Platini.

This is like saying the USA shouldn't restrict gun sales because you know, 'Merica.
Dismissing the idea of a white card before even thinking of its possible applications, and the way it would be introduced and how it would affect the game and other cards ( all of which are so variable i'd tip my hat off to anyone listing all the options and potential consequences ) is, well, short-sighted.

Home of Barca Fans