Paulo Dybala

BerkeleyBernie

Dybala's Argentina to beat Neymar's Brazil. You heard it here first.

I need to start watching his games. His ability to use juggling efficiently while dribbling is impressive, and he's quick to release the ball both with passing and shooting.

Leo_Messi

So has anyone here even watched his games on a consistent basis? It would be ideal to ask this question on a Palermo forum.

His contract expires in the summer of 2016. Palermo has no chance of reaching the CL. So a deal would be highly possible if FCB really wanted that to happen.

The question is if Vietto would not be a better option?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dybala's Argentina to beat Neymar's Brazil. You heard it here first.

I need to start watching his games. His ability to use juggling efficiently while dribbling is impressive, and he's quick to release the ball both with passing and shooting.

And both to beat Pedrito's Spain. :mou:

anguy

He isn't needed. He is exactly the same kind of player as Messi, Rafinha and Halilovic in B team. Left footed technical AM/FW hybrid. Already with those 3 it will be difficult to give them all minutes. Adding Dybala to the mix? Forget it. We need CM and RB, we can't waste 30+ mil to buy every promising young forward that's on the market, people. If we wan't to buy a striker we should buy Vietto, who is cheaper and will fit the team better (if Pedro leaves). But even he would be a luxury. Our attack is set and will be for at least next 2 years.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
So has anyone here even watched his games on a consistent basis? It would be ideal to ask this question on a Palermo forum.

His contract expires in the summer of 2016. Palermo has no chance of reaching the CL. So a deal would be highly possible if FCB really wanted that to happen.

The question is if Vietto would not be a better option?

Sign them both and loan them both to Villareal for one or two seasons...

I

instinct

Our attack isn't set at all. Of course we have 3 starters who probably won't leave their place in the starting eleven but assuming that Pedro wants to leave we have absolutely nobody decent from the bench. Of course Adama, Munir and Sandro could do the job but I think all of them or at least 2 will leave on loan. We'd be left with nothing then. What would we do, if Neymar was injured? Suarez?

One can argue about the price tag or the quality of players like Dybala and Vietto and if they'd be worth the money (Dyabala would be free in 2016 anyway) but a top club like Barcelona simply can't afford to have such a thin front-line. Assuming Lucho stays, quality players on the bench could help his rotation policy even more. I'd seriously feel more comfortable with substitues like Dybala/Vietto than with Deulofeu who performs below his potential yet again.

Of course this only applies, if Pedro leaves and our youngsters will go on loan

anguy

Our attack isn't set at all. Of course we have 3 starters who probably won't leave their place in the starting eleven but assuming that Pedro wants to leave we have absolutely nobody decent from the bench. Of course Adama, Munir and Sandro could do the job but I think all of them or at least 2 will leave on loan. We'd be left with nothing then. What would we do, if Neymar was injured? Suarez?

Iniesta and Rafinha can play as LW and RW/False 9. There's also Sandro and maybe Adama. We can also change formation. We don't have to play always 4-3-3...

Besides, even if we want to buy someone, it shouldn't be Dybala. Too expensive for the bench and like I said too similar to Rafinha/Halilovic.

khaled_a_d

Iniesta and Rafinha can play as LW and RW/False 9. There's also Sandro and maybe Adama. We can also change formation. We don't have to play always 4-3-3...

Besides, even if we want to buy someone, it shouldn't be Dybala. Too expensive for the bench and like I said too similar to Rafinha/Halilovic.

What?we lack depth actually in midfield .Xavi is 35 and God only knows if he is gonna continue beyond this season .Roberto isn't Barca level and should leave
We can't use midfield players into frontline as we used to do few years ago .we will only have 31 years old Iniesta along Rafinha & Rakitic for those 2 positions
Halilovic isn't good enough yet to alter our transfer plan for him .
And Dybala is a player with 1 year left in his contract who seem to set his eye on moving here and already rejected contract extension
A guy like that would force his way out

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Wait. Since when is Dybala a midfielder? He's a forward no? That said, I believe Dybala is better with the ball at his feet than Vietto is.

That said, if Pedro leaves, then we have room for both Dybala and Vietto (won't happen though).

anguy

What?we lack depth actually in midfield .Xavi is 35 and God only knows if he is gonna continue beyond this season .Roberto isn't Barca level and should leave
We can't use midfield players into frontline as we used to do few years ago .we will only have 31 years old Iniesta along Rafinha & Rakitic for those 2 positions

We lack the depth in midfield NOW, but I expect this to be corrected after the ban is over. We can't buy Dybala before that, so he won't be be able to help out our attack from bench anyway. And when we buy one top midfielder, our situation changes completely, in fact moving Iniesta and Rafinha between attack and midfield would be the best way to give them play minutes. They will be backups like Dybala, but because they are more universal they'd play likely more. Dybala being too similar to Messi and occupying similar space will rot on bench far more than Rafinha, for example who can be moved back if necessary. That, or he'll be played out of position on the left, or in the centre (he plays in the centre now, but I don't think it'll work well with Messi next to him on RW, like I said too similar players next to each other are no good).

That said, if Pedro leaves, then we have room for both Dybala and Vietto.

We definitely don't. Look at how few (relatively) minutes Pedro gets now, another player would have even less. Not to mention our youngsters could kiss first team chance good bye. If you have three such established forwards as we have there's only place for one decent/proven guy willing to be a backup (Pedro) plus 1 youngster.

Last edited:

King5Puyi

10406362_681504818642698_7663019472821533700_n.jpg

His best chance at succeeding in Barcelona is by waiting until both Messi and Suarez are past their prime. He'll be Alexis'd here.

Home of Barca Fans