Paulo Dybala

MessiTHEgoat

what the fuck? 140m + rafinha + gomes is a 220m deal like. and this guy ain't nowhere near neymar's level.

the board will be fucking stupid if they bought him for that price.

Sorin

[tw]893831218122371072[/tw]

LOL, if this is true I'd rather we go for Mbappe.

Fuck no! By the way I think it's bullshit. No way they spend 2/3 of Neymar money on Dybala. Adding Rafinha and Gomes is also bogus.

Meatball

Italian league is way slower league than La liga.
Turtle slow players can play well in Italy, while they will struggle in Spain and England.

Dybala would be the slowest winger who has ever played as Barca's RW.
Please, just look at his movement, his top pace and his acceleration.
A guy has a pace of Fabregas, with slighty shinier skills. Plus, I don't know how to explain it better, but his whole movement with a ball seems like a some kind of a slow motion. As extremely slow dribbling/running/turning/change of a direction (you know how young Messi had lightning quick change of a direction, while Rakitic/Andre Gomes need 3 seconds to change a direction. Well, something like that):

If we buy him for a RW, we are dead.

Also, compare lightning quick dribbles and movements from Dembele (compared to Dybala):

Obviously Dybala is not a very fast player but he's not as slow as you think he is. It's all down to his fetish of wearing socks halfway and those black boots that make his run look like that. Like I said many times before, black boots make a player's movement look slow and silly. That's the reason why I always hate it whenever Messi introduces and starts putting on those black or dark color boots. From my observation, players' run and movement looks the best with bright boots, with light banana green and white are my favs.

Meatball

Dembele seems to be a better fit for Barca compared to Dybala, I like his style better, simple and more direct. Tons of rumors out there about him joining us but really... How much of a chance that we can get Dembele with the new season so close to kick off? Are all the papers filling us with dreams that never happen?

khaled_a_d

Italian league is way slower league than La liga.
Turtle slow players can play well in Italy, while they will struggle in Spain and England.

Dybala would be the slowest winger who has ever played as Barca's RW.
Please, just look at his movement, his top pace and his acceleration.

He doesn't look that slow in the videos, Villa was successful player at LW and he was slower with less dribbling skill. It all depend on the system really
We have played 433 historically for decade(s), but it always had different set ups. We never replaced a player with exactly same type of player, we always evolve.
If we get a classic winger of LW for example, moved Messi to AM then Dybala could work as RW, but we are two steps away from that atm.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Dembele seems to be a better fit for Barca compared to Dybala, I like his style better, simple and more direct. Tons of rumors out there about him joining us but really... How much of a chance that we can get Dembele with the new season so close to kick off? Are all the papers filling us with dreams that never happen?

Season will start soon both for Barcelona, Juventus, Borussia, Liverpool.

If it is too late to buy Dembele, then it is too late for Dybala also.
One more thing, even if buy a player (Dembele/Coutinho) late in Ausgust, life won't end.
We are not buying them to have them 3 Months or 12 Months.
We are buying them to have them for 3-4-5 years.

So, if we buy a player late in August and a player will be unfit and will struggle in the first few Months of his first season here, who cares?
These are long term investments.
Not guys whom are we buying to reach top form in August and September of 2017.

He doesn't look that slow in the videos, Villa was successful player at LW and he was slower with less dribbling skill. It all depend on the system really
We have played 433 historically for decades, but it always had different set ups. We never replaced a player with exactly same type of player, we always evolve.
If we get a classic winger of LW for example, moved Messi to AM then Dybala could work as RW, but we are two steps away from that atm.

One thing that bothers me, 2 weeks ago we wanted Paulinho to make Neymar happy.
Now we want Dybala to make Messi happy.

I adore Messi, but come on.
We should care slightly less about their hapiness and buy players whom we actually need.

We should tell Messi: Coutinho and Dembele are good guys. You will be happy quite soon with them, trust me.

Last edited:

Paul

If we sign someone like Dybala, though I'm not the nr. 1 fan of this move, I think we should at least put a crazy release clause sum on his contract, at least €222m at first (and double it at the first renewal) or else if he will be a success, we will be hunted by gas money again... :lol:

khaled_a_d

One thing that bothers me, 2 weeks ago we wanted Paulinho to make Neymar happy.
Now we want Dybala to make Messi happy.

I adore Messi, but come on.
We should care slightly less about their hapiness and buy players whom we actually need.

We should tell Messi: Coutinho and Dembele are good guys. You will be happy quite soon with them, trust me.

According to media, I don't think this is the case at all. Lima would have been Barca player if we just wanted to please Neymar, for whatever reason they actually liked Paulinho the player. Messi himself was linked to half of dozen of players he liked and wanted to play with, including Dembele too btw :lol:

Agree with you about signing players in August btw, I would care less if we buy a player on 31st of August as long as he is the right player

Zincubus

Banned
Just looking through this dude's highlights he plays like a garbage bin Messi stuck in molasses.

Oddly enough Dani Alves says of all the players he's played with and agains over his career - Dybala is the closest player he's seen to Messi !!

I trust Alves's judgement over yours :)

Meatball

I don't buy those stories about player A, B or C wanting the club to buy player D, E or F to make them happy, it's just all rumors created by papers to sell more...well, papers! I mean, how can they get all those infos? Have they been taping and setting up bugs and spies all over the club? Coming from the same country doesn't mean the players themself will get along well with each other. For example, Messi from Arg and Alves from Brazil, 2 football rival countries, but they looked like brothers on and off the pitch, especially on, like they re born to play with each other, unbelievable chemistry. Gosh it's a bit irrelevant but I don't know why I mention it here, maybe cuz I miss them:wub:. I talk a lot but m not good at writing or explaining, plz help me hahahahah

Zincubus

Banned
I don't. He's one of those players who would be living under a bridge if he wasn't a football player.

Sorry but that's just a silly suggestion .

He's in the top three strikers for that European team thingy released yesterday - along with Messi and Ronaldo - Neymar not even mentioned ..

Home of Barca Fans