Paulo Dybala

BBZ8800

No doubt, converting Dybala to LW would be a waste. However just read this, dude is reaching for dumbest post 2017.
"
Barto is probably stuck in 2015 when Dybala had a potential. But today we are in 2017, so no thanks for Dybala.
"

Give us your valuable opinion of Dybala's worth.
Top5 player in the world? Top10? Top20? Or irrelevant?
And what would you do with him at Barca?

Zincubus

Banned

Well Messi has apparently requested that the board hat Dybala but I've no idea how much clout Messi has on transfers ... but he's played with him so I trust Messi's judgement .

So to my mind - the only thing better than having a Messi is having TWO Messi's :)

Seriously though , last week Dani Alves said that of all the players he's played with and against in his career ... Dybala is the nearest he's seen to Messi !!!

BBZ8800

Well Messi has apparently requested that the board hat Dybala but I've no idea how much clout Messi has on transfers ... but he's played with him so I trust Messi's judgement .

So to my mind - the only thing better than having a Messi is having TWO Messi's :)

Seriously though , last week Dani Alves said that of all the players he's played with and against in his career ... Dybala is the nearest he's seen to Messi !!!

I could be wrong, but hasn't Messi asked for Aguero and Di Maria in the past? Iirc.

Messi likes world class superstars and Argentinians.
Neymar likes his Brasilians.

One more thing, where would Dybala play?
We don't need a CAM. We don't need a SS, we don't need a short forward.

His signing makes zero sense for our formation, style and needs.

Marchisio8

Banned

120M.
Top7, in a couple of years he'll be top 2-3 with Neymar and Mbappe(if he keeps up his progress)
It wouldn't be a wise move for Barca or Dybala unless you plan to use him on SS, ST or CAM.

Zuti

Italian media reports that Barca is offering Gomes and Rafinha in possible Dybala deal.

gregorrin10

Would be a great deal if made with Liverpool for Coutinho, not liking the idea of Dybala in Barca.

And why not? Probably have to tweak the formation a bit yes, but if it means we can get rid of Rafinha and especially Andre Gomes at the same time, i'd take it in a heart beat. Otherwise, what's the point of buying 3 or even 4 new players if don't manage to get rid of some of them first. We can't have 30 first team players. As for the formation, we can always go 4-3-3 with Messi at AMC, while the two other midfielders behind him play a bit more defensively (Busquets and let's say Roberto operating as a box to box midfielder, which is what he is).

So it would look kinda like this:

Roberto (Rakitić) - Busquets
Messi
Dybala-Suarez-Dembele

Messi can take care of the attacking bit together with 3 world class players in front of him, while Busquets and Roberto balance the scales of having one attacking player more than we have with the current version of the 4-3-3 formation. While defending it can become plain old 4-2-3-1 with Dembele and Dybala helping out a bit more in defense, playing AML and AMR.

Looks good to me. In any case, Dybala is worth that 100M a hell of a lot more than Coutinho is, and even better if we can slip Juve two players we don't need, give them Andre and Rafinha to go, so it wouldn't even be 100M cash at that point anymore. Not to mention in Dybala we get a proper heir for either Messi or Suarez in the near future, he might have a bit of both of them in him actually.

Last edited:

Garrus

Dybala will fit at barca no problem, If we used him as an advanced midfielder, Replacing iniesta, That "big" midfield signing we're looking for.
These arguments that he's only good as a SS, Has only a limited role on the pitch, Or that we'll need to change our entire formation just for him to fit in has no basis on reality.

For these absurd arguments to be held true, The players himself must have a very limited skill-set and attributes, Which restricts his usefulness, Something that doesn't apply one bit to dybala, The guy is an all around a fantastic footballer, With a wide skill set and attributes. From passing, Holding the ball, positioning, vision...etc, All guarantee that he can excel on many areas on the pitch.

Just look at rafinha, A player many cules consider him to be just a bench player, Had enough skill-set and attributes to play as right winger and as an advanced midfielder for barca, And we're supposed to believe dybala will crumble and break apart if he didn't play in a small patch on the pitch and we didn't change the whole formation for him?, Makes no sense.

Iniesta another example, He's been an AM for most of his carrier, Yet when tito decided he should play as a LW, Iniesta was unstoppable, Why is that?, He hardly had any experience in that position, But because he's an all around great footballer it was possible.

With the Coutinho deal appearing to fail, I'll buy dembele to as a left forwarder to replace neymar, And dybala as our AM, To replace iniesta.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Messi can take care of the attacking bit together with 3 world class players in front of him, while Busquets and Roberto balance the scales of having one attacking player more than we have with the current version of the 4-3-3 formation. While defending it can become plain old 4-2-3-1 with Dembele and Dybala helping out a bit more in defense, playing AML and AMR.

Italian league is way slower league than La liga.
Turtle slow players can play well in Italy, while they will struggle in Spain and England.

Dybala would be the slowest winger who has ever played as Barca's RW.
Please, just look at his movement, his top pace and his acceleration.
A guy has a pace of Fabregas, with slighty shinier skills. Plus, I don't know how to explain it better, but his whole movement with a ball seems like a some kind of a slow motion. As extremely slow dribbling/running/turning/change of a direction (you know how young Messi had lightning quick change of a direction, while Rakitic/Andre Gomes need 3 seconds to change a direction. Well, something like that):

If we buy him for a RW, we are dead.

Also, compare lightning quick dribbles and movements from Dembele (compared to Dybala):

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans