Stadium: Camp Nou
City: Barcelona
Capacity: 99,786
Competition: League - Round 14
Referee: Iglesias Villanueva, Ignacio

Unbeaten in last five derbies

Jordi Clos
12/04/2014 16:28

Espanyol have not scored against FC Barcelona in a Liga fixture for 455 minutes and it's six years since they last scored at the Camp Nou

Barça have plenty of reasons to feel confident going into the city derby on Sunday. Since 2009/10, they have a record of eight wins and two draws in the fixture, with 21 goals for and just two against. In fact, 455 minutes have been played between the two sides since the ‘parakeets’ last scored in a derby, when Álvaro Vázquez found the target on January 8, 2012 (1-1).

Unprecedented six

Since then, Barça have beaten the blue-and-whites 4-0, 4-0, 0-2, 1-0 and 0-1, the first time in Liga history that Espanyol have gone six games without scoring against their local rivals. There was a period between 1992 and 1995 when they didn’t score for five years, but in one of those years (1993/94) the game wasn’t played because Espanyol were in the Second Division.
Barça has by far the best defensive record in La Liga so far this season, with just six goals conceded in thirteen games. So things bode very well indeed against a team that hasn’t scored at the Camp Nou since February 21, 2009.

Neymessi

Who will real be facing while we play this match?A win from us is very likely so I will be really looking forward for real to drop some points.

F

Flavia

Who will real be facing while we play this match?A win from us is very likely so I will be really looking forward for real to drop some points.

Celta, at the bernaleo. They will win it.

hardyboy

Celta Vigo at home..I don't see them dropping points till they face Valencia..

hamoon32

I bet Lucho will play Pique-Masch combo for this game and Pique-Mathieu against PSG.
I know him very well:lucho:

KhaledBarca

I had some hope that they'll drop some points against Malaga, but the way opponents are playing against them... they will never drop points!
Malaga against Barcelona played very defensive, closing all spaces at the back, while against Real Madrid they gave them a lot of space...

Celta at Bernabeu and Almeria Away. 2 very easy games for Madrid.
So we'll have to wait until after new year to have a chance of taking the lead this season. Most important we keep winning our games!

The defeat against Celta at the Camp Nou still hurts, even more than the clasico. I didn't expect us to lose points in that game, it might cost us a lot at the end of the season!

mampilly

I had some hope that they'll drop some points against Malaga, but the way opponents are playing against them... they will never drop points!
Malaga against Barcelona played very defensive, closing all spaces at the back, while against Real Madrid they gave them a lot of space...

Celta at Bernabeu and Almeria Away. 2 very easy games for Madrid.
So we'll have to wait until after new year to have a chance of taking the lead this season. Most important we keep winning our games!

The defeat against Celta at the Camp Nou still hurts, even more than the clasico. I didn't expect us to lose points in that game, it might cost us a lot at the end of the season!

EXPECTED MADRID WILL DROP POINTS AGAINST MALAGA. but not happened.

But surely celta will crate problems for them

André

Celta will create some problems but thats all. Dont see them having again that luck they had against us, we hit the post 4 times ffs.

Bravo
Alves Pique Masche Alba
Xavi Busquets Iniesta
Messi Suarez Neymar

mampilly

Celta will create some problems but thats all. Dont see them having again that luck they had against us, we hit the post 4 times ffs.

Bravo
Alves Pique Masche Alba
Xavi Busquets Iniesta
Messi Suarez Neymar

need rafinjo

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, Rafinha please.
We have to look beyond Xaviesta.

MSN to destroy Pericos with Messi hattrick and Balon votes get re-opened. :)

F

Flavia

13228_10152638954082535_7899298544645690827_n.jpg

Sport saying the club haven't sold tickets to the pericos, so they won't be there for this derby.
And that they did that because the match is considered of high risk, and 800 security officers will be at the stadium.
Probably because of the problems with ultras lately.

Home of Barca Fans