Ballon d'Or 2014

Ursegor

World Champion
As I already said before, completely biased hater with whom a serious discussion would be a waste of breath as no matter how you and you bullshit got exposed, you'd still continue to spill it nonetheless.

And the chosen few examples provided by nnao cover only a small amount of what he did. Especially in the Brazil game Brazil pushed very hard for around 10 minutes with 4-6 good goal scoring opportunities, which were all defused by Neuer alone. But according to you joker: He merely had to stand there, playing with his balls in his hands. As I said, ridiculous posting(s).

Let's make it clear who the joker is for everyone to see with a simple question: How do you believe the scoreline would have looked like in the Brazil game if it was, say, Claudio Bravo instead of Neuer in goal for Germany? Simple question.

Lomar1o

Let's make it clear who the joker is for everyone to see with a simple question: How do you believe the scoreline would have looked like in the Brazil game if it was, say, Claudio Bravo instead of Neuer in goal for Germany? Simple question.

easy. 7-0

spark

I take it you included some of these for comic relief and not as any serious Ballon d'Or justification :
http://gfycat.com/ScrawnyPracticalKoi

http://gfycat.com/SlowSneakyChimpanzee

http://gfycat.com/InfantileWigglyAmazondolphin

http://gfycat.com/BeautifulWavyAphid

http://gfycat.com/DirtyNeedyArizonaalligatorlizard

^^Must surely be some kind of piss take. Where are the Neuer looking serious on the halfway line pictures just for good measure? I can never decide which of Neuer or his cult are more pretentious.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Invalid and irrelevant argument as Bravo has NOT been in said goal. Try harder.

Ursegor

World Champion
Invalid and irrelevant argument as Bravo has NOT been in said goal. Try harder.

It's irrelevant because you have no arguments whatsoever except that I'm a "hater". Let me help you out though. Brazil had their first shot (not even on target mind you) in the 42th minute. At that point the scoreline was 5-0 Germany. Obviously it's irrelevant since the evidence is there that even Pinto in goal wouldn't have kept Germany from trouncing Brazil.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

It's irrelevant because you have no arguments whatsoever except that I'm a "hater".

Says the guy who doesn't give a single crap about stats of which all of them prove him to be someone with a moron claim. In your world, a goalkeeper only deserves to win an individual award, if he himself has saved a crapload of shots at the goal of his team in so and so many games in which he alone was the reason that the team did not get obliterate. Dude, you are hopeless.

In your world, Bravo must have been one of the shittiest goalkeepers of this season so far as Barca allowed for barely any shots at all on their goal in La Liga outside of that Madrid match and still Bravo manages to concede.

On that, I need to remind myself of what I initially said: No point in arguing, waste of breath. Will stick to that now and do more meaningful stuff.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
In my world Bravo has conceded 55 goals last season, only 6 teams conceded more than Real Sociedad with Bravo in goal, 3 of them relegated. This season he has the 3th best record in Europe with 8 consecutive clean sheets. In my world "GK stats" indeed depend on a bit more than the GK alone.

Don't know why you go into such hyberpole. No one said Neuer is "the shittiest goalkeeper" or anything of that sort. What I refute is that he's among the 3 best footballers in the world based on 2014. If that angers you so much that you have to resort to personal remarks multiple times ("joker", "hopeless") a discussion forum is not for you. You should go to Bayernzone where you can circlejerk about Neuer's abilities to cure cancer until eternity. Here however you have to expect to get #REKT by me. Simple concept.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Who would be your choice then?

btw, just a gentle reminder: He was given the award for the best goalkeeper of the tournament and many in the press actually expected him to get best player too.

edit: btw2, I'm lying on the floor right now, laughing my ass off, at the notion that you allegedly "#REKT me in any way. Are you completely delusional? Just asking.

Last edited:

Jägermeister

:lol: dat rage.

I personally would not give the Ballon to any of the three, but since politics and names define "the best" footballer, I don't even really care about that price anymore.

Ursegor

World Champion
Who would be your choice then?

I'd choose Benzema in general and probably about 10+ other players ahead of Neuer.

btw, just a gentle reminder: He was given the award for the best goalkeeper of the tournament and many in the press actually expected him to get best player too.

Not sure what this proves. Neuer is generally accepted to be the best GK in the world and is a huge name. When he is part of the World Cup winning team obviously he is going to get chosen as the best GK by default even though his performances weren't necessarily better than what Keylor Navas did for Costa Rica, saving 21 of 23 shots on his goal with 1 of those shots that beat him being a penalty.

edit: btw2, I'm lying on the floor right now, laughing my ass off, at the notion that you allegedly "#REKT me in any way. Are you completely delusional? Just asking.

I didn't say I #REKT you. I said "you have to expect to get #REKT". So far I was really nice to you and only presented logical arguments. smh

MagIX

Without any doubt, he absolutely deserves to be in the best 3.
Without absolutely any doubt for me he absolutely deserves to win the ballon d’or.
Fantastic year at the club and NT level and on a personal level.
What a goalkeeper !!!! with him on the pitch, Bayern plays always with 12 players.
:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
More interesting question is who is going to win Puskas award for best goal, this years nominees are Van Persie, James and ... Stephanie Roche. Big surprise the later one, but pretty impressive goal I must say.

frog-fcb

Hopefully roche wins the puskas award. On the ballon dor should it not be about who offers the most to their team

nnao

If that's what's supposed to warrant Neuer being a top 3 football player the hype is even worse than I thought. Getting directly shot at when the scoreline is 5-0 against Brazil is worthy of a gif now. :worthy:

Standard highlight reel of a top goalkeeper, if I could be bothered I would post 200 gifs of Keylor Navas' impossible saves to put that into pers pective. Neuer was neither the best GK in the WC nor in the CL. No one is questioning that he is the best GK in general based on potential. No one is questioning that he pulls great saves. Did he perform so far ahead of his peers in 2014 that he is now a top 3 football player (not GK but football player in general)? As if. He's there because Germany needs a respresentative after winning the WC, not based on merit.

Edit: lol Just checked all the gifs. Posting http://gfycat.com/BruisedDangerousErmine in this discussion sums up the Neuer hype. Obviously any other goalkeeper and it would have been an own goal. :rolleyes:
I take it you included some of these for comic relief and not as any serious Ballon d'Or justification :

^^Must surely be some kind of piss take. Where are the Neuer looking serious on the halfway line pictures just for good measure? I can never decide which of Neuer or his cult are more pretentious.

It's not about a cult. I'm not saying he deserves to win an award based on those few outtakes alone. What I'm saying is that the myth that he does nothing all game long is undoubtedly wrong. People always joke around saying "why should Neuer win an award for just stepping out of his line and doing nothing all game"? But if you look at the chart, he makes more saves on average than Buffon, and about the same as the other keepers.

Neuer makes some flashy moves here and there but that doesn't make him deserving of any awards. But the high quality at which he plays and the consistency of it does. I mean, how many of Ronaldo's goals he scored this year are actually spectacular in anyway? He's scored 11 penalties in 2014 alone. And a high number of them are probably tap-ins too. But he is a consistent goal scoring threat at a high level and probably at a much higher level than most other players. Players like him and Messi are difference makers. And Neuer is too.

Last season, when Bayern had to use their third keeper when he was injured, in 5 games they conceded 8 goals. 1.6 goals conceded on average. With him last season: 0.58 goals conceded on average. 2 points per game avg without him, 2.68 with him. In an average Bundesliga season, that amounts to a difference of 23 points. Actually 10 goals in 5.5 games, if you count him being subbed out in the 46th minute against Dortmund.

To be fair, most of this was after they had won the league and gotten complacent, but Neuer's influence is undeniable. Just having his reputation means opponents are less likely to shoot at goal. And clearing the ball off the line is much safer than having to face a shot 1 v 1 close to goal, especially if you have the skills to pull it off. Having a keeper who has the technical skills/distribution accuracy to help with buildup play is very important when other teams know how to mark your important midfield players. It also keeps the defense confident knowing that they can have such a freakish high line and can still have absolute trust in their keeper to save the occasional slip up. Sometimes he makes it look easy, but if other keepers tried to pull the stuff he does it would usually look like this:

http://gfycat.com/DisfiguredIllinformedBobwhite Sorry for using such low hanging fruit as example though lol but even when he does all this risky stuff how often does he concede a goal resulting specifically from it?

It's like asking if Messi deserves an award for just trying to dribble the ball into the net: a mass exaggeration and 99% ignorance. The difference Messi and Ronaldo make to their teams isn't unlike what Neuer makes to his and I could even argue that Neuer makes an even bigger difference for Bayern.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans