Ballon d'Or 2014

Bertus

The only reason they extended the votingt was the Portugal games against Sweden. If Ronaldo was already winning, there would have been no reason to extend it.
Sorry, to me it's just tales since there's no proof.

I'm past of the age of rewriting history to fit what I want to believe in.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So I guess you believe FIFA's report about Russia's 2018 and Qatar's 2022 bids and the corruption allegations which concluded to be largely baseless?

'Because FIFA said so'.

Bertus

So I guess you believe FIFA's report about Russia's 2018 and Qatar's 2022 bids and the corruption allegations which concluded to be largely baseless?

'Because FIFA said so'.
Nope, about the WC in qatar, there are proofs from newspapers and reports that it's highly likely that the voting was not done rightly.

Come to me after the guardian and other serious newspapers and journalists post their finds about how the ballon d'or voting was falsified

I'm sure they searched and so far didn't find anything it seems.

Last edited:

Alik

Nope, about the WC in qatar, there are proofs from newspapers and reports that it's highly likely that the voting was not done rightly.

Come to me after the guardian and other serious newspapers and journalists post their finds about how the ballon d'or voting was falsified

I'm sure they searched and so far didn't find anything it seems.

There's no proof obviously. Doesn't mean it's not questionable.

Also the results weren't "falsified". The voting was extended for no good reason.

Bertus

There's no proof obviously. Doesn't mean it's not questionable.

Also the results weren't "falsified". The voting was extended for no good reason.
Did I ever say people can't question it if they want?

I just wanted to state that we can't state something as fact without proofs.

If you want to believe in something, do it, no one will stop you. As for convincing people that what you believe is the truth, sorry in this case it's not enough to convince me. I'm sure you guys will convince many Barca fans tho. But I'm sorry if I feel that it's not enough.

Alarcón

There is no other explanation why they extended the voting. Blatter had just made Ronaldo angry with his remarks, everyone was talking about how FIFA favours Messi, and Ronaldo scored 4 goals in 2 games against Sweden (no other player with chances for the Ballon d'Or was playing any game at that time). They said at the time they want people to think over who they voted for, and change their vote if they want to. There is no reason anyone back then would have changed his vote from Ronaldo to the other 2 players, only the other way around, and they knew that of course. If Cristiano was already leading, there would have been no reason to extend the voting as they knew he would win regardless. That's no proof, but it's the only viable explanation to me. I don't see any other reason to extend such a voting when they had never done it before and probably won't do it for a long time now.

Alik

Did I ever say people can't question it if they want?

I just wanted to state that we can't state something as fact without proofs.

If you want to believe in something, do it, no one will stop you. As for convincing people that what you believe is the truth, sorry in this case it's not enough to convince me. I'm sure you guys will convince many Barca fans tho. But I'm sorry if I feel that it's not enough.

I agree that they shouldn't state it as a fact. It's more of a deduction.

Sorry, it's just that your post gives the impression that you are fully confident in the process. Which, even if there was no concrete proof otherwise, you'd still have to agree it was highly irregular and fishy.

Last edited:

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
If they did not extend voting messi would have had his fifth ballon d'or.

2vays7r.jpg

This isn't Goal. com, source your shit.

Icarium

Lifestealer
After sweden match everyone was acting as if he just won the WC. WC qualifier is the main reason why he won the ballon d'or that year. They did not win a single trophy that year and losing to barca in the league by 15 points does not make ronaldo case any better. Last year it was very debatable why ronaldo won the ballon d'or and i don't think he deserved it too. But this year i don't have any complaint for ronaldo, i would still vote for messi but cr7 also did very well this year.

There is none.

People also conveniently forget to name the reason that FIFA actually gave for reopening the voting (or extending it, don't remember) which was that participation was at a record-low. And, just to clarify, I never said I believe this to be true.

That said, if I had to bet, considering the 3% figure (which is official somewhere, too lazy to pick the source sorry) it's clear to me that Ronaldo would not have won

Morten

For now, all there is is speculations. As for deserved or not, Ballon dor is mainly about stats, last year Ronaldo had the best stats by a good margin. This year his stats are only sligthly better than Messi but he deserves it much more this season?

Last edited:

hamad138

Banned
For now, all there is is speculations. As for deserved or not, Ballon dor is mainly about stats, last year Ronaldo had the best stats by a good margin. This year his stats are only sligthly better than Messi but he deserves it much more this season?

Trophys bro, altough neuer should be up with him

L

linetty

World cup should be the main determinant and we know how that went for Cristiano.

Home of Barca Fans