Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballon d'Or 2014

Blue Blooded Aussie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ballon d'Or 2014

Neuer, Messi and Ronaldo are the 3 finalists. Agree/disagree?

While I feel Ronaldo and Neuer are fully justified, I think despite the records he broke(which make no difference now anyway) Messi shouldn't win, as well as probably deserveing to be there least, since he hasn't had his best year and didn't win anything on top of being very average for Argentina when they needed him. That said, I can't think of too many players who should be there in his place, probably Robben, who was in good form, won trophies and starred for the Netherlands.

I guess it just goes to show that even not at his best Messi is still better than most.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't understand what Neuer is doing there.

Flavia
    Well, cr won last year because of a hattrick against sweden. He won nothing in 2013, while Messi got la liga and golden shoe. So logic is out the window for the bdor lately, politics and marketing are on. This year cr has a strong case for winning, and he probably will, despeite being non-existant in the world cup, supposedly the biggest football stage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavia View Post
    Well, cr won last year because of a hattrick against sweden. He won nothing in 2013, while Messi got la liga and golden shoe. So logic is out the window for the bdor lately, politics and marketing are on. This year cr has a strong case for winning, and he probably will, despeite being non-existant in the world cup, supposedly the biggest football stage.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Ryu Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursegor View Post
    Don't understand what Neuer is doing there.
    Don't understand how you don't understand what Neuer is doing there.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Hayabusa View Post
    Don't understand how you don't understand what Neuer is doing there.
    What did Neuer do to be rated among the 3 best footballers in the world in 2014? He watched Brazil getting murdered, watched Higuain, Messi and Palacio placing their shots off target, made 1 save against France and conceded 5 goals in the CL semi-finals. He sweeped up against Algeria and watched his team walk the Bundesliga title by Halloween. And had a lot of pictures of him standing around the halfway line posted on Twitter. What else have I missed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is there because of that match against Algeria i guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I care about this year's Ballon D'or, is that Simeone gets the recognition he deserves. But knowing Fifa, they will most probably give it to Löw

Oh, and which suit Messi is going to wear this time
    "Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was totally beyond my control."

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antonnn View Post
    Neuer, Messi and Ronaldo are the 3 finalists. Agree/disagree?

While I feel Ronaldo and Neuer are fully justified, I think despite the records he broke(which make no difference now anyway) Messi shouldn't win, as well as probably deserveing to be there least, since he hasn't had his best year and didn't win anything on top of being very average for Argentina when they needed him. That said, I can't think of too many players who should be there in his place, probably Robben, who was in good form, won trophies and starred for the Netherlands.I guess it just goes to show that even not at his best Messi is still better than most.
    If Bayern had won the CL, then I'd agree Robben has a case. Not when they won only the BL and Pokal.

During the WC, Robben was great, but unfortunately his image was tainted with all his diving.
    Sóc Culer.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did Neuer do to be rated among the 3 best footballers in the world in 2014? He watched Brazil getting murdered, watched Higuain, Messi and Palacio placing their shots off target, made 1 save against France and conceded 5 goals in the CL semi-finals. He sweeped up against Algeria and watched his team walk the Bundesliga title by Halloween. And had a lot of pictures of him standing around the halfway line posted on Twitter. What else have I missed?
    You know what, now you mentioned it, it is so true!
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the coach award goes to low instead of simeone,then I will know that ballond'or is a waste of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding Robben, Rummenigge's recent statement:
    "It's a shame that Robben wasn't nominated. You can't play better than he has in the last 1.5 years."

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was totally beyond my control."

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaGirl View Post
    Regarding Robben, Rummenigge's recent statement:
    "It's a shame that Robben wasn't nominated. You can't play better than he has in the last 1.5 years."

Almost an exact carbon copy of what they said last year about Ribery.

All kidding aside, KHR was right, Robben indeed has been more than awesome, never been better. He is truly one of those players that peak late. Now he is a beast without all the injury problems that plagued his earlier career.
    Sóc Culer.

Ryu Hayabusa
    Ridiculous posting. Obviously completely biased. Probably even thinks Curtuious (sp?) is the better gk. No point in wasting any effort to make him see reason.

Ryu Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Neymessi View Post
    When the coach award goes to low instead of simeone,then I will know that ballond'or is a waste of time.
    Will probably go to Ancelotti instead