Next Galáctico?

MaxY

Devil May Cry
"Galácticos (Spanish for galactics) are expensive, world-famous Real Madrid football players recruited during the "galácticos" policy pursued during Florentino Pérez's presidency at Real Madrid, where in his first tenure he purchased at least one galáctico in the summer of every year."
As we all know Real Madrid gets at least 1 super expensive talented footballer each summer. This summer the main Galáctico was James Rodriguez and the "side" was Toni Kroos. The year before that it was Gareth Bale as the main Galáctico and Isco as the "side" Galáctico etc.
I'm hoping for a nice discussion where we can talk as rational people. Some of the names that are popping up are Aguero, Pogba, Reus, Hazard etc. It's normal for top players to be linked with Real Madrid (or Barcelona for that matter,at least when they aren't transfer banned :neymar: ).
I don't think getting Hazard from Chelsea is possible and more problems for Ancelloti would arise. Aguero is also hard to get because it's Manchester City, we all know that MC have plenty of money anyways. Not to mention that Aguero is their best player and shirt seller. Reus could be available for a super-cheap price(when you consider it's a world-class player and 25 M is a small amount for RM. Freaking Illaramendi was that much..) and he could be the next one. Personally I would really like for Pogba or Depay to join RM next summer. Pogba has insane potential and he is so complete,he can play pretty much anywhere in the middlefield. Memhpis Depay is one of the best prospects in football atm and some people are calling him the next Ronaldo( I know that is way overused and so far there have been like 1000 "next Ronaldos"). Ronaldo isn't getting any younger and we can all see that he's slowly(kinda) turning into a true 9. Depay could play on his current position and he'd penetrate and create chaos in enemy's defense. He could easily break the wings to cross / pass to Ronaldo,Bale and company. He's only 20 years old and he has similar long shots to James Rodriguez so I think he'd sell a lot of shirts.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Rumor has it that Casemiro will come back after a year in Porto(?), so there you go.

I would welcome Casemiro back in an instant. He trains poorly though, he needs to work harder in training to reach his potential. He has this unshakable confidence about him and he is a daring player. I like that.

As for the next galactico, I would really like to see a technically sound defensive midfielder. That is all. We would have Kroos, Modric, Isco, Illaramendi, Casemiro, and PLAYER X. We have everything else in abundance. I do not want any winger until Ronaldo retires or is sold. We have James, Bale and Jese.

A side galactico would be a right back or an experienced right back to replace Arbeloa.

khaled_a_d

Probably either one of Pogba/Vidal or a CF ,may be they go for Cavani/Falcao or whoever in the market at that time
That said I am not so sure about that,Ancelotti knows what he is doing ,ppl kept saying that James is unnecessary signing and they are losing Di Maria for him is a huge loss lab lab la but they are even a better team so far ,so may be after all they weren't buying James just b/c he the Galactico signing .they just felt that he will fit there

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I totally forgot about Alaba. There were some rumors that Marcelo would like to join Juventus so I could easily see Marcelo + Cash for like Pogba or Vidal. And Alaba with straight cash. But then again Florentino isn't really famous for signing defenders..

CuleLife4Life

Madrid aren't dumb. Falcao is done for at least in the RM discussion as long as his asking price is as high as Monaco are quoting. He has barely done anything for MU while Benzema has been on fire plus he is almost 29.

Alaba is good but I doubt he'll leave Bayern ever and RM don't pay galactico fees for defensive players.

Pogba will be their next galactico signing once Modric starts to decline.

Andrew M

Madrid aren't dumb. Falcao is done for at least in the RM discussion as long as his asking price is as high as Monaco are quoting. He has barely done anything for MU while Benzema has been on fire plus he is almost 29.

Alaba is good but I doubt he'll leave Bayern ever and RM don't pay galactico fees for defensive players.

Pogba will be their next galactico signing once Modric starts to decline.

Samuel - 24 million
Woodgate - 20 million
Ramos - 27 million
Pepe - 30 million
Coentrao - 30 million
-------

I actually think there is a chance that De Gea could be their big signing. His contract expires in 2016.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I totally forgot about Alaba. There were some rumors that Marcelo would like to join Juventus so I could easily see Marcelo + Cash for like Pogba or Vidal. And Alaba with straight cash. But then again Florentino isn't really famous for signing defenders..

Yeah right, Bayern will sell Alaba to their most hated international rival.

valk

The next galactico will be Pogba. You can bet on that, but only when Modric leaves, which imo will be in 2016. Next summer we'll see a Khedira replacement (Kramer, L. Silva or even Casemiro). Nacho will probably replace Arbeloa as Carvajal's first backup and Llorrente/Derik will be promoted as 4th CB.

Home of Barca Fans