Sergio Busquets or Mascherano

Mascherano or Sergio as CDM in a 4-3-3?

• Total voters

Danzu

There"s been a lot of debate about this across the forum, So lets vote!Considering that Lucho prefers playing 4-3-3. Who would you prefer as your first choice?.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Assuming both on great form, Busquets.
But if not, then the one in form should play.

Autumn

We're lucky to have a problem like this, two great CDMs.

I'd go with Sergio for sure.

Things sure have changed since last year when Masche seemed to be the #1 enemy on this forum ;)

Ursegor

World Champion
If Barca's playing with Scrubrique tactics where the central midfielders are wingbacks => Mascherano. He is quicker and more aggressive than Busquets to sweep up behind a non-existent midfield.

If Barca's playing with recent GOATrique tactics where the central midfielders are actually central midfielders => Busquets. He's technically superior, better under pressure, better in small spaces, a better linkup player and a better passer between the lines.

Simple, really. If Barca wants to fight the symptoms of shitty tactics instead of fixing the root problem then Mascherano. If Barca is playing how Barca should be playing it's Busquets. I'm not a believer that players like Busquets and Iniesta suddenly turned to shit with 26 and 30 respectively. Might have lost some spark from their heydays but I'd always question the system first when Busquets AND Iniesta suddenly look ordinary.

Last edited:

DrPepper

Busquets is the superior player for a team with tactical stability and structure. Mascherano the better player for teams that need a more mobile DM and recently he's also the hipster's choice.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We aren't in 2009 anymore so obviously Mascherano wins. Don't even get me started on motivation and team spirit.

L

linetty

Assuming we're talking about a situation when they both are in top form - I pick Busquets.

Sergio is a better choice for a 433. If the team clicks and plays as a collective then there's no one better than Biscuits.

M

Madara Uchiha

Assuming both are in good form, I'd pick Ronaldinho over Neymar.

Busquets has been out of form since the beginning of the season, Ronaldinho has been finished since... what was it? 2007?

Home of Barca Fans