Lliga: Valencia - FC Barcelona 0-1

MacFCB

Had the neighbour banging on the wall when Busquets goal went in! great result against a very resolute Valencia side. expected it to be diffilcult and it was.

kilian

No-one was lost on the field, please explain who you are talking about?

I assume you mean Xavi and Busquets? Either way, in this formation with Masch in DM, I would take Xavi and Busquets over Rakitic any day. Rakitic still looses the ball too much but I think he can improve in that aspect over time with Barca.

Yes, the two of them. If you didn`t see it, I don`t know what else is there to talk about. You criticize Rakitic for losing the ball too much (not true), yet you don`t say anything about Masch who misplaced many passes yesterday. And for me it even isn`t his fault. He isn`t a playmaker, but was forced to be one in this game. And Busquets was terrible yesterday because he was lost. Everybody saw it, even Lucho. That`s why Rakitic was subbed in.

PhilS

Lucho did not play Iniesta because of fitness after the long injury. The midfield is nowhere near as good without Iniesta.

If Lucho was happy with the way either Rak or Rafinha have been playing recently, then one of them would have started instead of the experiment. Playing both Busquets and Masche had the advantage of strengthening the defense, shutting out a hot Valencia team at home was excellent.

Rak started off this year great, but has been looking a lot more ordinary recently. Rafinha has not been looking like someone who should play much for this level of club. Rodrigo was clearly the best midfielder.

The players make the coach look good, or look silly. Xavi has been better this year than last, but the other midfielders in front of the DM have not been great.

This game had the best goalkeepping I have seen this season. Both Alves and Bravo were unworldly. Great game, Valencia played fantastic but could have used one of the Barca superforwards.

Galning

This was my first away game with Barça and the police took me out of the stadium and ripped my estelada to pieces :D what an experience!

Home of Barca Fans