Lliga: Valencia - FC Barcelona 0-1

dakt

Messi is, well Messi...but I really want for Suarez to shine in this one. Just seeing him so dedicated and hungry makes me feel very optimistic about this season...and thinking back I wasn't very excited about his arrival here...stupid, stupid, stupid...

Kasperroed

We won't loose this one, im quite sure about that.

Messi is amazing ATM, Neymar does really well, and Suarez is starting to find his place in the team. The midfield seems to work better, and so does the defence.

I say 4-1 to Barca.
B
A - M - M - A
R - B - X
M - S - N

We should win this won, but against the best we just dont have the quality. At that level you cant start Alves, a midfield with xavi/rakitic, and a average cb-pair

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
We should win this won, but against the best we just dont have the quality. At that level you cant start Alves, a midfield with xavi/rakitic, and a average cb-pair

Benching Alves is not really an option, and Xavi/Rakitic duo was pretty good against Sevilla, Iniesta/Rakitic probably would be better, regarding CB pairing I think it's going to be Mascherano/Mathieu again.

Last edited:

Antimadridista1

We won't loose this one, im quite sure about that.

Messi is amazing ATM, Neymar does really well, and Suarez is starting to find his place in the team. The midfield seems to work better, and so does the defence.

I say 4-1 to Barca.
B
A - M - M - A
R - B - X
M - S - N

Xavi plays as a right midfielder, never as a left one.

slvtn

High expectations, because the last two games were good. I really hope we can keep the pace from the last two games. They were different from what has been showed before.
It's important to score first. My conclusion from this season has been: if the opponent scores first, the team loses every kind of concept. We still need better finishing. This team has a ton of superstars, so there's no need to play unnecessary 500 passes in the box.

SocalBarcaFan

It's such a shame to me regarding Mascherano how he can't get into the team on a consistent basis in the midfield. He really is the closest thing we have to replacing Puyol and it's painfully obvious where his best position is. Someone said in the Mascherano thread that he has been our 2nd best player this season after Messi and I agree. I can't understand how you cannot play someone who has been that good with those leadership qualities in his best position.

I don't see why we can't start Masche and Busi in midfield in the same game. I'm not even talking playing them in a double pivot. Play our usual 433 with busquets slightly more forward when we have the ball. I've seen some of you ask for this already. You might think that a midfield with those two lacks creativity, but Busi likes to fake people out and as long as we play someone else other than Rakitic as the 3rd midfielder there would be enough creativity overall.

Especially for big games (and I consider Valencia away to be a big game) I think this should absolutely be our setup. Having Masche and busquets both back on defense would be huge for us and help cover up whatever deficiencies our defensive back 4 has.

Schumi

It's such a shame to me regarding Mascherano how he can't get into the team on a consistent basis in the midfield. He really is the closest thing we have to replacing Puyol and it's painfully obvious where his best position is. Someone said in the Mascherano thread that he has been our 2nd best player this season after Messi and I agree. I can't understand how you cannot play someone who has been that good with those leadership qualities in his best position.

I don't see why we can't start Masche and Busi in midfield in the same game. I'm not even talking playing them in a double pivot. Play our usual 433 with busquets slightly more forward when we have the ball. I've seen some of you ask for this already. You might think that a midfield with those two lacks creativity, but Busi likes to fake people out and as long as we play someone else other than Rakitic as the 3rd midfielder there would be enough creativity overall.

Especially for big games (and I consider Valencia away to be a big game) I think this should absolutely be our setup. Having Masche and busquets both back on defense would be huge for us and help cover up whatever deficiencies our defensive back 4 has.

Something like this:

---------------------------Bravo-----------------------------
----------Pique----------------------Mathieu----------------
---Alves-----------------------------------------Alba---------
--------------------------Mascherano------------------------
----------Busquets-----------------------Iniesta------------
----------Messi---------------------------Neymar-----------
-----------------------Suarez-------------------------------

SocalBarcaFan

Something like this:

---------------------------Bravo-----------------------------
----------Pique----------------------Mathieu----------------
---Alves-----------------------------------------Alba---------
--------------------------Mascherano------------------------
-----------------------Suarez-------------------------------

Yes, which is the formation that we have played with for the longest time. The whole point of all that text was that I think Mascherano needs to be in the first XI. And we can still play Busi as well with good results or better than we have so far this season imo. But I doubt Lucho will try it.

Kasperroed

Yes, which is the formation that we have played with for the longest time. The whole point of all that text was that I think Mascherano needs to be in the first XI. And we can still play Busi as well with good results or better than we have so far this season imo. But I doubt Lucho will try it.

Masch is our best CB as well. With Vermalen out injured we "only" have 4 quality CB's. If Masche is first choice in midfield, we will be down with only 3. Mathieu is quite injury prone, and Pique is not always reliable. I think we should stick with these 4 CB's. It's amazing that we have 4 quality CB's, but 3 CB's is just not enough IMO.

SwiftGuyver

when everyone is fit i'd say this is our best starting lineup:

---------------------------Bravo----------------------------
--------------Pique----------------------Mathieu------------
---Bartra---------------------------------------------Alba---
-------------------------Mascherano-----------------------
---------------------------Suarez---------------------------

anguy

Masch is our best CB as well. With Vermalen out injured we "only" have 4 quality CB's. If Masche is first choice in midfield, we will be down with only 3. Mathieu is quite injury prone, and Pique is not always reliable. I think we should stick with these 4 CB's. It's amazing that we have 4 quality CB's, but 3 CB's is just not enough IMO.

3 CBs plus Mascherano in case of emergency is fine. No team rotates 4CBs anyway. Who's Real's 4th CB after Pepe, Ramos and Varane?

Home of Barca Fans