Icarium

Lifestealer
View attachment 6724 - View attachment 6725

APOEL Nicosia vs FC Barcelona
GSP Stadium - Nicosia
Tuesday, 25th Nov 2014 20:45
Group stage - Group F​

Last Encounter: FCB 1 - 0 APOEL

Must win match for barcelona to obtain first place in Group F. APOEL still searching for their first win.

Squad (vs APOEL): Ter Stegen, Bravo, Masip, Douglas, Alves, Montoya, Pique, Bartra, Mascherano, Mathieu, Adriano, Alba, Busquets, Rakitic, Xavi, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, Pedro, Munir, Messi, Suarez, Neymar

Iniesta and Vermaelen missing because of injuries.

Icarium

Lifestealer
First time starting a match thread. I hope it brings some good fortune and we score a ton of goals. Iniesta still injured sadly. I am expecting this lineup,

Ter Stegen
Alves Bartra Masch Alba
Xavi Busi Rafinha
Suarez Messi Pedro

F

Flavia

First time starting a match thread. I hope it brings some good fortune and we score a ton of goals. Iniesta still injured sadly. I am expecting this lineup,

Ter Stegen
Alves Bartra Masch Alba
Xavi Busi Rafinha
Suarez Messi Pedro
I think Pique, Rakitic and Neymar will start.

Icarium

Lifestealer
We have a very important match against Valencia. Some players need to be rested. Alba, Suarez and Xavi got substituted out so mostly all three will start. Neymar played in international break and sevilla full match, it is only logical he should be rested. Rakitic might also need some rest. Masch will definitely start i think. In theory Montoya should start but knowing lucho he will stick with Alves.

Bartra not sure i have a feeling lucho trusts him.

F

Flavia

We have a very important match against Valencia. Some players need to be rested. Alba, Suarez and Xavi got substituted out so mostly all three will start. Neymar played in international break and sevilla full match, it is only logical he should be rested. Rakitic might also need some rest. Masch will definitely start i think. In theory Montoya should start but knowing lucho he will stick with Alves.

Bartra not sure i have a feeling lucho trusts him.
I know, but this game is also important. if we want to top the group, it's a must win.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Contrary to popular belief, Cypriot team is tough. I don't remember someone trashing them recently.
I'd sign a point here if it meant we're taking 3 from Mestalla.

Schumi

Contrary to popular belief, Cypriot team is tough. I don't remember someone trashing them recently.

Apoel have never lost by more than a single goal in 16 GS matches in the CL. Except against Shaktar Donetsk in the 6th round of CL GS in 11/12 when they lost 0-2, but were already guaranteed of first place in their group.

It's an absolute must win game. Failure to beat a minnow like Apoel (tough as they may be) will be a humiliation for Barca.

How come Iniesta is still injured? He was supposed to miss only 2-3 games, then he did not play with Spanish NT but got the medical all clear last week, and now he can still not play?

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
I know, but this game is also important. if we want to top the group, it's a must win.

That is why Suarez and Messi have to play. Both are must win matches. I think Suarez can get his goal if neymar sits one match out. He will get more service instead of creating chances. Plus suarez will have more central space. He must start scoring goals, he needs some confidence.

Barcadub

I'm sure there will be rotation.

Remember the team that faced APOEL in the Nou Camp.

Samper,Munir,Sergi Roberto,Adriano,Xavi. With sandro and Rafinha coming on as subs. Obviously away from home it would be too much of a gamble for such changes.

Expecting APOEL to crumble. They have done very well so far but we are a class above them.

Messi to break the record. Hopefully but it beyond Ronaldo's reach for the time being.

hamoon32

I hope lucho rest 2 of pique-mathieu-busi for the game against valencia
this would be good line up:

TS
montoya/alves-bartra-masch-alba
busi
xavi-rafinha
messi
suarez-neymar

suarez needs more playing time and neymar need a rest.

gatsu

We are one point behind PSG, a draw means a second place in the group stage (PSG will probably trash Ajax), it's a must win game.
That said i agree about the Cypriots, they are very compact and disciplined, a match to be taken very seriously.

The best team must play, we can do rotation after securing the game, so please Lucho don't fuck up by underestimating Apoel (Almeria was a good lesson).

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't see us thrashing them at all, I just hope they have the honor not to park the bus at home.

A draw is not good enough for us. We have to win this one.

gatsu

Well we all know that parking the bus is their only option, not mentioning that they are pretty good at this.

Home of Barca Fans