Champions League: APOEL Nicosia - FC Barcelona 0-4

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Technically, it isn't a must win.

Scenario 1:
If we draw this and PSG wins against Ajax, we go to 10 and they go to 13. Last game is against PSG at the camp. If we beat them, then head to head is equal and it will go to goal difference.

Scenario 2:
We beat Apoel, PSG beats Ajax. We are still a point behind them. At which point, even if we draw against them, they top.

So really, assuming PSG beats Ajax, we pretty much have to beat them in the last game. A win would still be good and avoid goal difference complications though (We will probably be ahead on goal difference anyway if we beat PSG in the last game, as we are currently 1 to the good compared to them)

Well said :beer2:

Antimadridista1

Xavi should definetely be rested for Valenica. Rafinha should be handed the chance - or perhaps Roberto? Apart from that i agrew with you.

When we lead the match comfortably Neymar, Rackitic and Alba/Alves can be subbed off.

Enough of this. He rested two weeks during the international break. He's 34, not 56 years old.

DinhoR10

I think Rafinha could do with a start, he showed creativity from the midfield that's been lacking without iniesta.

CatalinR10

gif_write_22ef45.gif

Innnnnnnnn on Apoel game thread.

Messi , you know what to do .

Suarez , score already or death .

Danzu

Am i the only one who wants sergio roberto to start with :roberto:, The lads got to have a chance to prove himself :barca scarf:

Last edited:

Schumi

Technically, it isn't a must win.

Scenario 1:
If we draw this and PSG wins against Ajax, we go to 10 and they go to 13. Last game is against PSG at the camp. If we beat them, then head to head is equal and it will go to goal difference.

Scenario 2:
We beat Apoel, PSG beats Ajax. We are still a point behind them. At which point, even if we draw against them, they top.

So really, assuming PSG beats Ajax, we pretty much have to beat them in the last game. A win would still be good and avoid goal difference complications though (We will probably be ahead on goal difference anyway if we beat PSG in the last game, as we are currently 1 to the good compared to them)

Technically it is not a must win. Yes.

But in terms of the prestige of the club, not beating Apoel would be a horrific humiliation.

vinni

Im a bit unsure how APOEL will approach this match. Before i looked at the table i figured they would park the buss, hit us on the break and maybe open up a bit if we get an early goal. But now that i see they only got one point, do they even have something to play for ? Im not sure if third place has any awards over fourth place in the group.

Worst case they will just defend so they dont get embarresed and the match will be a total bore.

Still looking forward to it though :)

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Im a bit unsure how APOEL will approach this match. Before i looked at the table i figured they would park the buss, hit us on the break and maybe open up a bit if we get an early goal. But now that i see they only got one point, do they even have something to play for ? Im not sure if third place has any awards over fourth place in the group.

Worst case they will just defend so they dont get embarresed and the match will be a total bore.

Still looking forward to it though :)

3rd place gives you Europa league

Egert

Estonian Culé
Tonight's game will be Barcelona's 3rd away game against a Cypriot team. Previous results: 1-1 vs Apollon, and 0-0 vs AEK Larnaca [via fcb]

Home of Barca Fans