FIFA and UEFA player of the year 2008/09

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
The problem is Torres has been injured this season for a fair while, so that is why I am discounting him.

Ask any manager in world football and what Gerrard would do for their team and would they have him 99% of them all would I GUARANTEE IT.

So Meta are they all wrong and you right or do they perhaps know his abilities and you are wrong.

I don't think anyone is wrong.

I don't discount gerrard, I merely state that there are two better players at liverpool. both of whom allow mr. mbe to do his thing. without xabi and torres in the team I think gerrard would struggle to have a similar impact against top-quality opponents.

Ronaldo is the main scorer for manu Torres is for us. Rooney and Gerrard are the second goal getters and thus it reflects in the goals tally.

that's fair enough. although ronaldo is outscoring torres (with the same goal-to-game ratio, before you bring up torres not playing that much) and the only reason gerrard is outscoring rooney (by 3 goals) is because of penalties.

70 odd football writers also voted him epl player of the year so are they all wrong?

I don't know, ed, were the hundreds of players wrong when they voted giggs as the player of the year?

Why did "the greatest manager in the history of football" call Gerrard the most influential player in britain bar none.........

I don't know, why did he?

given you put it in quotes, I assume you're being facetious, which means you're probably on about fergie. in which case I have no idea why he said that. he says all kinds of things to try and mess with people. what was the context? when was it? etc.

I'm not so sure Barça would have Gerrard, we do have Xavi & Iniesta after all....:rolleyes:

NONO! BUT GERRARD CAN RUN! AND SHOOT!

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
NONO! BUT GERRARD CAN RUN! AND SHOOT!

:laugh::laugh:

And Ed, you can't just make something up completely then elaborate on it like it's true, man

"Ask any manager in world football and what Gerrard would do for their team and would they have him 99% of them all would I GUARANTEE IT.

So Meta are they all wrong and you right or do they perhaps know his abilities and you are wrong."

"They" were made up! And regardless, I lost all faith in public opinions and polls when Giggs was voted PL player of the year.

Last edited:

G.J

V.H. 4 life
If we win the CL then surely Xavi has to be top 2. MVP in the Euros and crucial to a historical treble.

Andrew M

All these individual awards mean jack shit.

I'm still pissed that Iniesta didn't get in the top 50 or how many it was for the Ballon d'or last year.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
must be messsi then xavi... but third is tough iniesta i want of course but realstically he does not score enough to be there

R

Red Devil

I will give you 5

1. Iniesta
2. Messi
3. Xavi
4. Vidic
5. Rooney

Home of Barca Fans