FIFA and UEFA player of the year 2008/09

Benetton

The Rolling Stone
According to me these are the top players who played awesome and prove vital in 2008/09:

1. Messi
2. Iniesta
3. Vidic
4. Marquez
5. Xavi
6. Ribery
7. Gerrard
8. Eto'o
9. Giggs
10. David Villa/Rooney/Essien/Henry.

please share your's.

E

Esteve

If Lionel Messi doesn't win the FIFA World Player Of The Year & The Ballon D'or, I'll stop watching football for a year :yawn:

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
According to me these are the top players who played awesome and prove vital in 2008/09:

1. Messi
2. Iniesta
3. Vidic
4. Marquez
5. Xavi
6. Ribery
7. Gerrard
8. Eto'o
9. Giggs
10. David Villa/Rooney/Essien/Henry.

please share your's.
You have Marquez and yet no Ronaldo?:D

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Messi is number one this year, Ronaldo shouldn't make the top 5 this year really. Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Gerrrard and Rooney have all been better than him this year.

S

Snyde

Vidic? Why Vidic? Xavi has been infinitely superior to anyone in that list excluding Messi, Iniesta.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
not gonna do a ranking 'til the season's over the top 4/5 are arguably united and barca players and what happens in the CL final could make a big difference in where they end up ranking. it may not, but we'll see.

but I will say that ronaldo (had a poor season apparently) but has still scored more goals (and big goals at that) than gerrard who by all accounts is having an amazing season. ronaldo's also scored in every KO round of the CL.

if we're picking amazing players for liverpool this season there's two I'd pick ahead of gerrard and that's xabi and torres. I'd be really interested to see how many decisive goals (openers, equalisers, winners) torres has scored compared to gerrard actually.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
The problem is Torres has been injured this season for a fair while, so that is why I am discounting him.

Ask any manager in world football and what Gerrard would do for their team and would they have him 99% of them all would I GUARANTEE IT.

So Meta are they all wrong and you right or do they perhaps know his abilities and you are wrong.

Ronaldo is the main scorer for manu Torres is for us. Rooney and Gerrard are the second goal getters and thus it reflects in the goals tally.

70 odd football writers also voted him epl player of the year so are they all wrong?

Why did "the greatest manager in the history of football" call Gerrard the most influential player in britain bar none.........

E

Esteve

I'm not so sure Barça would have Gerrard, we do have Xavi & Iniesta after all....:rolleyes:

Home of Barca Fans