Which coach would you want if a new board comes in 2016?

Which coach would you want if a new board comes in 2016?

• Total voters

macleod

I don't understand why most of you don't support Lucho.Now he is perfect coach for us-young,ambitious,with no bad attempt,with Barca DNA and is absolutely possible to be new Pep for us.For me,so far he is doing well and don't forget how many changes we have this summer and some problems with Vermaelen,punishment of Suarez...

In this coaches'list have many impossible names for Barca at the moment(some are not to Barca level,other are retired...)-Heynckes,Koeman,Laudrup,Rodgers,AVB,Jemez,LvG,Conte,Low,maybe Rijkaard who is temporarily retired and most absurd-our enemy-Jose.

Except Lucho,other coaches,who will be good choises for Barca style are De Boer,Valverde,Pellegrini and maybe Klopp.I'm not sure if Pep return to Barca whether there will be the same success.

Leo_Messi

If the club wants "instant improvement" then Mourinho. His possible tenure could serve as a stepping stone for his eventual successor which should be a long-term successor. A bit like how Mourinho built the current fundament in RM that Ancelotti now has expanded upon and improved greatly. That would not have been possible without the fundament that Mourinho built.

Say whatever you want about him, what he did to Tito, his silly comments etc. but he is the man that we need if the goal is "instant success" or something close. He knows the club already as well and league. Has the experience, the achievements and can deal with the pressure better than anyone else.

Since that's not a realistic option I would go for Simeone but I doubt that he wants to manage another team in Spain. His next target is probably going to be the PL.

Heyneckes is too old and probably won't manage a top team again.

Klopp? I don't see him at the club at all. Not impressed by his tactical knowledge either.

Lopetegui? Depends on how he will do at Porto. So far he has not impressed.

Emery? No.

Garcíá? Could be a very interesting choice IMO. Impressed by his work in Lille and Roma.

Hiddink? No. Too old and he has not had any success with a top club for ages.

De Boer? Another interesting option. The question is can he take the next step? One thing is managing the by far best team in Holland for the past 3-4 seasons another thing is to manage one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Same story with Koeman. He has even a poorer CV than De Boer.

Benítez. Just no. He is a madridista and I can't stand him for some reason.

Cocu. Same story as Koeman.

Bielsa? A more exthentric Tata Martino that is yet to win anything of note. Not the right choice since we can't afford to make further experiments after Tata and Lucho.

Martínez is a interesting option. A tier below García though.

My top 5 rank out of those choices if the primary goal is instant success.

1. Mourinho
2. Simeone
3. García
4. De Boer
5. Martínez

Ok, I just saw that the thread that I replied to was closed because this thread was made. My ranking is based on that other thread which can be seen here below;

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/12488-Which-manager-would-you-pick

When it comes to this current pool then I would obviously pick Pep in a heartbeat. If not him then Löw. Just to see what he can do at FCB and because I like him as a manager. There are rumors of Laporta contacting Löw. I doubt that he would succeed at FCB though. For some reason.

So that leaves me with Mourinho again.

Last edited:

Morten

Mourinho has burned all bridges a long time ago, no way he should or could go there. Doesnt matter what he can accomplish in a short time. Also, Barcelona wants a certain type of football, Mourinho isnt like that, if you are leading with a goal with 20 min left or something, he would often give the ball to the opposition and sit back. The opposite of what barca tries to do, keep the ball high up the pitch, while carefully looking for an opening to kill the match off. He doesnt really park the bus often tbf, but sometimes he does, i dont think that will be accepted in Barca, no matter the result.

Muttu

Ok, I just saw that the thread that I replied to was closed because this thread was made. My ranking is based on that other thread which can be seen here below;

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/12488-Which-manager-would-you-pick

When it comes to this current pool then I would obviously pick Pep in a heartbeat. If not him then Löw. Just to see what he can do at FCB and because I like him as a manager. There are rumors of Laporta contacting Löw. I doubt that he would succeed at FCB though. For some reason.

So that leaves me with Mourinho again.

Yeah sorry, I somehow missed this thread.

Leo_Messi

Mourinho has burned all bridges a long time ago, no way he should or could go there. Doesnt matter what he can accomplish in a short time. Also, Barcelona wants a certain type of football, Mourinho isnt like that, if you are leading with a goal with 20 min left or something, he would often give the ball to the opposition and sit back. The opposite of what barca tries to do, keep the ball high up the pitch, while carefully looking for an opening to kill the match off. He doesnt really park the bus often tbf, but sometimes he does, i dont think that will be accepted in Barca, no matter the result.

Yes, just like he had burned all the bridges at Chelsea. Apparently. You obviously did not read that I wrote because I wrote that his eventual appointment is unlikely to happen but whatever.

FCB has had plenty of pragmatic managers and neither Tata nor Lucho were or are playing beautiful possession football or a all-out attacking game. Mourinho has proven, both at Chelsea, Inter and RM, that his teams can score plenty of goals. Also that he is good at adapting.

Clubs tend to be more willing to go on compromise with their values when in crisis. Look at RM with Capello and Mourinho. Sometimes it ends well and other times it does not.

Anyway my post is written in case Lucho gets fired because of lack of success. Then I am willing to bet that the club would be willing to take drastic steps.

Yeah sorry, I somehow missed this thread.

No need to apologize. Just replied to your post here.

Lomar1o

i wonder if we removed pep guardiola and heynckes choices from the poll, to whom the votes would go to. i think klopp is the real winner in this poll with mourinho being the second. personally i'd like'em both, and heynckes too if we could bring him out of retirement. but the only real GOOD choices for me are klopp and mou, the rest are not good enough. i'm not mentioning pep because i dont see him EVER coaching barca again

Home of Barca Fans