Fifa report into alleged corruption clears Qatar to host 2022 World Cup

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just read that.
If Germany (country with some of the stricktest corruption laws) had to grease FIFA then you can only imagine how far this goes.

Bastards

Yannik

Personally I dont give a fuck about who has bribed and who gets bribed. There is a genocide on the contruction sides in qatar happening caused by the decision to host a World Cup there, but the public, the media and that "Ethic Comitee" are still busy figuring out which World Cups in the past have been granted for unfair monetary reasons. That fucked up mentality is the only thing that's worrying me. Fuck the germany world cup, it was a fairy tail of a tournament, this is the least thing anyone needs to be worried about. Get your priorities straight. You can solve this shit later, it's not running away.

Last edited:
Is there really a world cup bid that doesn't look suspicious in the last 20 years ?
There have been reports of bribery & corruption for france, korea, germany, i suppose south africa and brazil will follow suit.

The german corruption is actually the least surprising to me.

khaled_a_d

Is there really a world cup bid that doesn't look suspicious in the last 20 years ?
There have been reports of bribery & corruption for france, korea, germany, i suppose south africa and brazil will follow suit.

The german corruption is actually the least surprising to me.

South Africa's world cup was 1st past world cup that was reported to be gotten by bribe from previous world cups
Morocco had it taken from their hands ,though while I would have prefered it there it I doubt they would have been better host ,though there would be no Vuvuzela

Yannik

South Africa's world cup was 1st past world cup that was reported to be gotten by bribe from previous world cups
Morocco had it taken from their hands ,though while I would have prefered it there it I doubt they would have been better host ,though there would be no Vuvuzela

It's been that way since 1978 actually. That World Cup in Argentina was an orgy of bribery and corruption on the part of the Junta, who even assassinated a man named Omar Actis (who was the head of the World Cup organizing committee) for simply saying the tournament was going to be too expensive.

And since 82 every world cup has been the result of some form of bribery by the hands of major TV conglomerates and/or sponsors and/or the FA's of the nations themselves. TV deals have been ruling the footballing land for the better part of the last 30 years. David Goldblatt goes into a lot of detail about all of this in The Ball is Round (chapter 14 I believe).

I don't realize why at this point people are still finding it surprising that every recent World Cup was the result of bribery. I guess most folk don't realize that FIFA has been just as bent for the previous five decades. Hell, Sepp Blatter is basically Gandhi compared to his predecessor Joao Havelange.

Last edited:

StarLord

I expect an apology from all those who tried to deny that the allegations against Blatter and Russia 2018 were not politically motivated.

Like I said before, corruption is the oil that allows the "moving parts" of world football to function. Simple as that.

Home of Barca Fans