Fifa report into alleged corruption clears Qatar to host 2022 World Cup

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Well there is problems with both. Qatar itself might not be a big football nation but the Arab world is mad for football and should have a World Cup.

The problems are the corruption for both and in Qatar case the worker rights. The actual locations and tournament itself are not a problem.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Why boycot Russia? sure its a bought corrupt FIFA world cup but Russia can actually host it and are a football nation unlike Qatar which is the biggest joke ever.

Putin is right though to assume the USA move on FIFA with a slight geopolitical motive in mind as well.

UEFA are threatening to boycott too though.

JackaL

There are some heavy assumptions made here, I wonder how these are backed by any hard evidence. I think no one can really proof what he states here with regards to geopolitics and the WC in Russia.

The only thing we know atm is that these guys are under custody. We will see what follows.

Platini's threats are kind of interesting because he himself has an eye on the FIFA presidency. He used to be Blatter's son and learned the tricks from him actually.

raskolnikov

There are some heavy assumptions made here, I wonder how these are backed by any hard evidence. I think no one can really proof what he states here with regards to geopolitics and the WC in Russia.

The only thing we know atm is that these guys are under custody. We will see what follows.

Platini's threats are kind of interesting because he himself has an eye on the FIFA presidency. He used to be Blatter's son and learned the tricks from him actually.
His strategy is this, support prince Ali, get rid of Blatter whether trough elections, arrest or death, doesnt matter then stay on the outside acting morally high about it only to swoop in after 4 years to take the seat of FIFA president.
Platini and Blatter are two sides of the same coin, football isnt better off with him than with Blatter.+

JackaL

His strategy is this, support prince Ali, get rid of Blatter whether trough elections, arrest or death, doesnt matter then stay on the outside acting morally high about it only to swoop in after 4 years to take the seat of FIFA president.
Platini and Blatter are two sides of the same coin, football isnt better off with him than with Blatter.+

That is also what I am expecting and the FIFA/UEFA critical journos are saying. He waits until the time is perfect, so can present himself as a savior!

The entire football ecosystem is rotten!

Morten

Well there is problems with both. Qatar itself might not be a big football nation but the Arab world is mad for football and should have a World Cup.

The problems are the corruption for both and in Qatar case the worker rights. The actual locations and tournament itself are not a problem.

They could have it, just tell those slimy oil barons-down there to either increase workers right and safety drastically or else they can forget it.

mssarm

Why boycot Russia? sure its a bought corrupt FIFA world cup but Russia can actually host it and are a football nation unlike Qatar which is the biggest joke ever.

Putin is right though to assume the USA move on FIFA with a slight geopolitical motive in mind as well.
Putin is accusing US in everything, everywhere he sees US spies . If there's court acceptable evidence that Russia bribed to get the WC it should be revoked regardless which country is envolved in investigation. No need defend the corruption of your country and regardless of underlying motives the crime should be persecuted.

King Leo

Banned

true true buy you forgot something, Platini like it or not was one hell of a footballer (and really dont mean the 3 consecutive Ballon D'Or he won)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Being a great footballer doesn't mean anything. A Sports Governing Body need good administrators who knows how to run it. A former elite footballer who fit those qualities is of course great, but merely being a great footballer doesn't cut it.

raskolnikov

Putin is accusing US in everything, everywhere he sees US spies . If there's court acceptable evidence that Russia bribed to get the WC it should be revoked regardless which country is envolved in investigation. No need defend the corruption of your country and regardless of underlying motives the crime should be persecuted.
I think every wc has been corrupt, its way worse than most of us think, its not these 2 and perhaps Africa in 2010 but most likely every wc ever since Blatter got involved back in the 70's as Havelange's right hand man helping build the FIFA from a 10 people organization to the nation like powerhouse its today. The foundations are that of corruption, bribery and taking advantage of others.

But more importantly I cant see a clear solution for now, taking away wc's, removing Blatter, UEFA moving away from FIFA. All suggestions people want at the moment.
There wont be a satisfying outcome to Blatter's story for football fans, he wil get re-elected tomorrow since he got African, Asian and south american nations in his pocket.
UEFA moving away, then what? it will end up like boxing, several corrupt organziations rather than one governing body.
Taking wc's away? Garcia said only Netherlands/Belgium bid has been clean, meaning all of the others were basically corrupt, Russia just paid most.

Like Always, a lot of money to be made= corruption, and FIFA is rotten to the core. Blatter wont step down by the way, without FIFA he loses power and gets hunted at. He probably prefers to die in his position ratter than spend his last years in a cell.

raskolnikov

true true buy you forgot something, Platini like it or not was one hell of a footballer (and really dont mean the 3 consecutive Ballon D'Or he won)
I know, I supported Platini a lot back when he took up against Johansson, back then it was football taking power back from elitists. I really thought he would change things only to see him turn out to be exactly the same.
That he was a quality player actually makes it worse. So called savior turning out to be another piece of shit in a silk stocking.

King Leo

Banned
I know, I supported Platini a lot back when he took up against Johansson, back then it was football taking power back from elitists. I really thought he would change things only to see him turn out to be exactly the same.
That he was a quality player actually makes it worse. So called savior turning out to be another piece of shit in a silk stocking.

You remind me of those who thought Obama will change the world. you had high expectations of Platini but I think in a sport where Billions follow the game and Billions are made from the game, there's so much you can do.

To stop FIFA corruption and politics at once you need a revolution, not a legendary player. I hope Blatter goes to hell tomorrow but I doubt it. In the meanwhile any change to FIFA, politically motivated or not is indeed welcomed.

Antimilan

Not exactly, Jordan has much stronger ties with UK and UAE than with Qatar. In Mid East politics, Qatar is the GCC black sheep. While FIFA is very corrupt and I for one would love to see Qatar and Russia lose the hosting privileges they bought from FIFA, but I think the timing of all this has more to do with pressure on Russia than anything else.

Of course, it's all about the Russia case, that's what I've said in the first post. Tried to somehow explain my view as to why Qatar wouldn't potentially be revoked.

King Leo

Banned
Of course, it's all about the Russia case, that's what I've said in the first post. Tried to somehow explain my view as to why Qatar wouldn't potentially be revoked.

it's NOT ALL about the Russia case. It's more complicated than that. The timing however is. Plus Putin's remarks today confirm his fear that the west is on course to dethrone Blatter and install a new leadership that will clean around, hence will expose Russia and Qatar scandals.

Putin is wanted to stay isolated, and get weaker economically. Qatar will also be exposed to the pleasure of many (I'm one of them). If somehow Qatar loses the right in the last hour, US/Canada will takeover (my prediction).

Alik

The US has spent $110 million in bribes for 2016 Copa America.

I think every wc has been corrupt, its way worse than most of us think, its not these 2 and perhaps Africa in 2010 but most likely every wc ever since Blatter got involved back in the 70's as Havelange's right hand man helping build the FIFA from a 10 people organization to the nation like powerhouse its today.

The South Africa World Cup too.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans