Fifa report into alleged corruption clears Qatar to host 2022 World Cup

Ocelot

I really wished that an ex player would contest the elections (apart from Judas ofc)

Last edited:
M

monamou

The Norwegian Football Association have decided to vote against Sepp Blatter and for Prince Ali bin Hussein [TV2]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This is all politics. Not that Blatter has done anything for the good of football all these years imo, moreover, he sucked big time and I despise him. However, how the hell is the US Government (FBI) involved in a footballing matter.... never happened, never would happen, unless it's politics.

If the Prince will win tomorrow (which I also hope), the WC in Russia 2018 will be canceled. Not necessarily the Qatar 2022, but the Russian one will definitely be cancelled and we all know why, the sanctions and all.

Then Platini heavily rooting for the Prince.... that little scumbag has probably had his pockets full of the Prince's money to back him in a crazy way like that, even going on to say that UEFA will detach from FIFA if Blatter gets reelected... LOL!

Why do you think 2018 WC in Russia will be revoked but Qatar 2022 WC will be OK?

King Leo

Banned
Again, you're blaming the whole GCC Nation due to one country and the way they have worked with things. Qatar came out of the blue moon with their developments and modernisation and the moolah.They're money wasn't there for ages. They have hardly been on the rich scale for a decade,and what they are doing to make up for the lost time and the way they implement it and has nothing to do with the rest of us. Dubai isn't Angel Mary,but in Doha's race to wanting to overcome Dubai, they have ignored the humanitarian part more than required with one thing going out everyone else's way. That's the only way they can make up for their lost time. Things here are almost a complete different landscape in regards to these factors. Qatar has the highest GDP here now,and they won't be stopped anytime soon. Emiratis are glad to see a nation they consider a rival see smurt in dirt,but not at our expense. Not when we have been doing things much better than them. We already have way too many Europeans here than we like, mainly the british, and on top of it all, it's pissing off to see this as a pandemic of the whole gulf region. Qatar does what they do best. More money for everyone,and when that moolah comes in, everyone's welcoming and there's nothing you can do. The hopes of wanting to change the WC are nothing but faint hopes.

With all due respect, King5Puyi, but GCC is famous for turning desert countries that used Oil money to create non-industrial consumption only countries that depend heavily on imported cheap South-Asian labor (using questionable labour laws) to build towers on sand. This is very much the image that GCC has portrayed over decades of time. Dubai allows the import of prostitutes from all over the world. You could say not the fault of the girls but of those that use their service. Sure, this would be the case in Holland's red light district not where these poor girls are brought in as slaves (no freedom).

In Qatar or UAE or KSA or Bahrain you will find very decent life loving people, but the governments of those countries have done a TERRIBLE JOB TO TARNISH THE IMAGE OF ITS CITIZENS.
The world Cup is a perfect example.

Last edited:

King Leo

Banned
The Crack down on Fifa scumbags is rightly justified but there's reasonable doubt to its true motives. I believe putting pressure on Blatter or replacing him altogether with Prince Ali is part of a plan to put additional pressure on Russia. I hope Blatter sees to exit door tomorrow.

One more note, I never doubted Spain and RM's involvement in FIFA's ban on Barca.

viper76

Even if a new president come to the FIFA the 2018 & 2022 will still be held by Russia and Qatar The FIFA can not afford to revoke them it will cost them 10s of billions money The FIFA dose not have .

King Leo

Banned
Even if a new president come to the FIFA the 2018 & 2022 will still be held by Russia and Qatar The FIFA can not afford to revoke them it will cost them 10s of billions money The FIFA dose not have .

I agree, however the west will use the FIFA scandal to put more pressure on Putin. Prince Ali will make that easier.

viper76

I agree, however the west will use the FIFA scandal to put more pressure on Putin. Prince Ali will make that easier.

I do not think the west gives a fuck about the corruption it has been going on for over 20 years they just could not swallow ( specially the USA and UK ) that a small country like Qatar host the world cup and they came up with bullshit like its too hot there and they forget about 94 USA world cup the temperature was well over 45 degrees on some games also the last world cup the weather was very very hot .

no need to bs to find arguments not to play in qatar.
As that tv showman said, i hope its true that qatar bribed everyone, otherwise this literally makes no sense :lol:

Antimilan

Why do you think 2018 WC in Russia will be revoked but Qatar 2022 WC will be OK?

I expect the Prince to give the green light for the Qatar WC because of the good relations between the Arab countries, this case Jordan and Qatar.

The Russian WC wouldn't be cancelled if it wasn't for US politics and sanctions against Russia, along with a lot of European and other continents countries backing up US and sanctioning Russia.

It's weird that these things go as far as to impact a football festivity though. However, let's not forget that FIFA did similar things in the past with the national teams whose countries were engaged in wars etc.

King Leo

Banned
I expect the Prince to give the green light for the Qatar WC because of the good relations between the Arab countries, this case Jordan and Qatar.

The Russian WC wouldn't be cancelled if it wasn't for US politics and sanctions against Russia, along with a lot of European and other continents countries backing up US and sanctioning Russia.

It's weird that these things go as far as to impact a football festivity though. However, let's not forget that FIFA did similar things in the past with the national teams whose countries were engaged in wars etc.

Not exactly, Jordan has much stronger ties with UK and UAE than with Qatar. In Mid East politics, Qatar is the GCC black sheep. While FIFA is very corrupt and I for one would love to see Qatar and Russia lose the hosting privileges they bought from FIFA, but I think the timing of all this has more to do with pressure on Russia than anything else.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Putin is mad and thinks it's an American conspiracy. I wouldn't mind if people did boycott the Russia World Cup though.

raskolnikov

Why boycot Russia? sure its a bought corrupt FIFA world cup but Russia can actually host it and are a football nation unlike Qatar which is the biggest joke ever.

Putin is right though to assume the USA move on FIFA with a slight geopolitical motive in mind as well.

Home of Barca Fans