Will Vermaelen debut this year?

Will Vermaelen debut this year?

• Total voters
F

Flavia

I voted yes because few weeks ago I thought he'd make it.
Arsene screwed us over but he did pay 43. mil. for Alexis which makes it 33 mil. when we deduct Vermaelen fee.

That would make it even worse. Alexis for 33 is a huge steal. Nothing can make up for this transfer. And Vermaelen fee is 19. If we manage to win the cl this season, they get the bonus.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it was initial 10 mil. 15 if he played certain amount of matches?

That would make it even worse. Alexis for 33 is a huge steal. Nothing can make up for this transfer. And Vermaelen fee is 19. If we manage to win the cl this season, they get the bonus.

We still made money on Alexis.

F

Flavia

I think it was initial 10 mil. 15 if he played certain amount of matches?

We still made money on Alexis.

Any other club would had made way more money on Alexis. Nothing can be salvaged from the vermaelen deal. It would actually been much better to have sold alexis for 33, and get any other cb for the 10 they spent on him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It all depends on how you rate Alexis.
I was happy he was sold and anything more than we payed for him was good.

If Vermaelen deal will be a final drop that spills the glass for socis or turns up to be a lethal bullet for Bartomeu in next elections that will be kinda worth it too.

Amen to that. Was thinking the same.

And alexis' world cup pushed his price up 50% or so, we got real lucky there considering he was probably going to be sold no matter what

Ursegor

World Champion
Arsene probably told Barca I will overpay for Alexis only if you buy one of our garbage.

So basically Zubi could've picked anyone from Arsenal's squad and he went and picked Vermaelen. Doesn't make him look any better tbh. :eusa_think:

didn't know where to post this :lol:

barcastuff @barcastuff · 1h 1 hour ago
Gerard Pique won Barcelona's karting competition this morning. Martin Montoya finished 2nd, Thomas Vermaelen 3rd.

Home of Barca Fans