Is it time to sack Lucho?

Is it time to sack Lucho?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I like Paco too, but I think Paco need to learn to adjust his tactics according to the situation as well if he is gonna work at a big team.

The thing about Paco is that his philosophy would give us the foundation to play great football and excel in our game which I long for after the Tata/Lucho debacles. We wouldn't be clean sheet machines but our control of a match and high pressure system will make sure that our defensive issues won't have as much bearing on our success. Our defense won't really matter when MSN is unrestricted and regularly banging in goals, then oppositions will have to spend more effort to take the pressure off of their defense than try to pressure ours.

Besides, his system is extremely well defined but not limited or stubborn. They love possession and short passing play but average more long balls than RM and love to play down the wings and cross. The hallmarks always remain fluid and unrestricted movement coupled with great passing transition. His philosophy for defense suits our players much more than trying to unsuccessfully retreat->bunker down with double pivots or whatever, AND it complements our attacking style. His idea for buildup and transition is light years ahead of Lucho.

Just watching RM vs Rayo right now, his team is so much better in transition against RM than we were against Almeria. And that's with total scrubs as individuals.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I voted yes. I'm probably harsh in thinking so, but he has shown to be out of his depth. Tata was a better coach, and that says a lot.

No, Barca shouldn't have appointed him at the first place. Now it's not the time to change without having a proper replacement ready for him. I like Jupp Heynckes to replace him but I'm not counting on it to happen. With this set of arrogant clueless board at the club hoping for the right decisions to happen seem to be a far fetched dream for many of us right now.
The longer he stays, the worse it'll be. Fixing problems sooner rather than later would be my choice. But it's never going to happen.

Best case scenario would be a vote of no confidence, this crap board out, zubi and lucho with them, and someone new from the new board.

Lomar1o

yes, i hope we sack him asap, but as long as we're going to sign another second rate manager it will be the same. do not mention people like de boer as our future managers, those kinds won't take us anywhere. the only top class manager we could get is klopp. but our board will appoint someone like bielsa who is also second rate. tho' he will fare better than this clown lucho, it will still be the same. we're doomed as long as our team is managed by clowns.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Kind of horrifying to think that with the transfer ban appeal likely to be upheld, even a new board are gonna have a difficult task since their hands would be tied because of the shit these guys have done and are gonna leave with.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I'd still say no. He's obviously failed in these last few games from a tactical and selection point of view and I don't really have hopes in him leading us to a treble or anything, but I'm not convinced he can't learn from this and rather than sacking coaches as soon as things go wrong Chelski-style, I'd prefer to give him the chance to fix his own mess. Especially since I'm not sure whether it's really ineptitude from his side or something else (stubbornness & caring too much about his reckless, unpredictability image?) that he could potentially adapt when realising he has to.

Last edited:

DonAK

I'd still say no. He's obviously failed in these last few games from a tactical and selection point of view and I don't really have hopes in him leading us to a treble or anything, but I'm not convinced he can't learn from this and rather than sacking coaches as soon as things go wrong Chelski-style, I'd prefer to give him the chance to fix his own mess. Especially since I'm not sure whether it's really ineptitude from his side or something else (stubbornness & caring too much about his reckless, unpredictability image?) that he could potentially adapt when realising he has to.

He now got some thinking time with the Intl break kicking in. We got some very, very important games coming up. If Lucho can't learn from his mistakes and fix things in the upcoming games, then he's a lost cause.

To stay in the competition for the league title, we got to come out with 6 points in the games against Valencia and Sevilla(Won't happen if he keep on with the same tactics and decisions) because his stubborn idiotic ways have messed up in easier games so far this season. Not to forget the importance of ending up 1st in the CL Group.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
The thing about Paco is that his philosophy would give us the foundation to play great football and excel in our game which I long for after the Tata/Lucho debacles. We wouldn't be clean sheet machines but our control of a match and high pressure system will make sure that our defensive issues won't have as much bearing on our success. Our defense won't really matter when MSN is unrestricted and regularly banging in goals, then oppositions will have to spend more effort to take the pressure off of their defense than try to pressure ours.

Besides, his system is extremely well defined but not limited or stubborn. They love possession and short passing play but average more long balls than RM and love to play down the wings and cross. The hallmarks always remain fluid and unrestricted movement coupled with great passing transition. His philosophy for defense suits our players much more than trying to unsuccessfully retreat->bunker down with double pivots or whatever, AND it complements our attacking style. His idea for buildup and transition is light years ahead of Lucho.

Just watching RM vs Rayo right now, his team is so much better in transition against RM than we were against Almeria. And that's with total scrubs as individuals.

I feel like you said the exact same thing about getting Lucho

DonAK

@JamDav and DonAndres, you both have fair points regading Paco and he does have a very limited budget and has stayed true to his style and achieved good results with it. Although Paco potentially at Barca? I am not sure about that.... Would be a big risk just like with Lucho, although Paco's style of play and results is well known to everyone, it would be a big decision to appoint him and that won't happen with these guys.

M

maxmss

I don't agree that Lucho should be replaced. I'm against having a new coach every 6 months. It's too early, we should give him more time. Was our game total disaster- no doubt, is that enough to fire the coach-no way. Barca was already in disaster mode at the end of Tata's term and Lucho have not made that team worse or better. It wasn't like he got UCL and Liga winning team and made it worse. That's the team that Tito and Tata got and they made it worse. He should have his time to rebuild his team. Another change of coach -will kill the team completely. By the way unlike the coach - this board can be dismissed tonight and everyone will only benefit from that.

Chainsaw

Killahead
There is a bigger chance that Paco shit his pants under the pressure than not. I will not risk another risky option If Lucho is gone. Barca needs a coach who could cope well with the pressure.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I feel like you said the exact same thing about getting Lucho

Probably was something similar, his Celta did play aggressive possession based football. Paco is much more of a radical or 'purist' though when it comes to his philosophy. Much more Bielsa-esque than Lucho. Lucho never made Celta into tactical overachievers the way Paco has with Rayo but he handled them very well in terms of motivation, man management, etc. Now it seems to be that he was more of a passenger on the Cruyff-total football train than someone who has a real understanding of it. Idk though, nothing is assured for us these days. Tata was reputed as the 'non-crazy Bielsa' before coming here too, so we can't really have a safe bet on how someone inexperienced would do in a spot like this.

@JamDav and DonAndres, you both have fair points regading Paco and he does have a very limited budget and has stayed true to his style and achieved good results with it. Although Paco potentially at Barca? I am not sure about that.... Would be a big risk just like with Lucho, although Paco's style of play and results is well known to everyone, it would be a big decision to appoint him and that won't happen with these guys.

It definitely is a risk, there's no doubt in that. Paco is an all or nothing type guy and it'll only work if the squad gels with him extremely well. We have the same roots as he does, philosophy-wise but then there are individual turmoils at a big club that don't mirror what he handles at Rayo. We've yet to see how he'd do in that regard.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans