Is it time to sack Lucho?

Is it time to sack Lucho?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L

linetty

Pep kind of screwed us over as well, people like to blame the board for it but supposedly he was tired of working at top level then rejoins another European powerhouse in Munich. after his sabbatical. Guy was supposed to be our Ferguson, saw things going down hill and captain jumped the sinking ship.
Im extremely gratefull for all he did but I don't see the point in managing another European powerhouse other than for his own ego and to have a change in scenery like he did as a player. His own choice and I respect it of course but still a little dissapointed in his decision to bail when the going got tough.
He left because he couldn't motivate the players and because the the board is fucking stupid.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
To be honest, it is time to sack him. But who do we bring in? We can't bring in another La Liga manager until the season ends. So who does that leave? I don't think Koeman or De Boer would leave their clubs now in the season. Do we just make Xavi caretaker manager?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I still like Paco Jemez, he is nearest thing to Pep out there for me.

I like Paco too, but I think Paco need to learn to adjust his tactics according to the situation as well if he is gonna work at a big team.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Paco Jemez would certainly be a bold choice. What about Lucien Favre? Could they persuade Heynckes out of retirement?

Chainsaw

Killahead
Throwing out names like Jupp and Pep is not realistic.

I want someone who can make Barca play like a fucking team. When it comes down to it, we have one of the best squads in the world and Lucho makes them look like goddamn amateurs. It's far far too reminiscent of AVB at Chelsea or Moyes at United.

It's one thing to play bad and lose, or have aging players but it's a completely different thing to completely lose your identity as a club, which is the direction we are doing with Lucho.

Jupp Heynckes is not unrealistic. I think he could be convinced to comeback from the retirement. I just don't see this board being the one convincing him to come. They probably still sitting on their high horses overlooking the problems thinking it's all just one big overreaction and everything is safe and sound in the house.

JamDav1982

I like Paco too, but I think Paco need to learn to adjust his tactics according to the situation as well if he is gonna work at a big team.

I think it is difficult for him to become too flexible with tactics at Vallecano though.

It seems every season half their team is new players and it takes them 9/10 games to get into the stride of how he wants to play. There just isnt time for him to implement different styles throughout the season.

Added to that they have a tiny budget and have to pick up players other teams have discounted - often very techincal players that are specific and dont lend themselves to other styles. If they were all round players without weakness they would not have ended up at Vallecano.

Basically I think his lack of flexibility tactically is not down to him being naive.

Devils

Jupp Heynckes is not unrealistic. I think he could be convinced to comeback from the retirement. I just don't see this board being the one convincing him to come. They probably still sitting on their high horses overlooking the problems thinking it's all just one big overreaction and everything is safe and sound in the house.

I'd like him too, but to convince a 70 year old to come out of retirement and walk into an extremely volatile club like Barca is asking a lot.

A proven trophy-winning name or no. Why make bold/risky appointments again?! I'm talking about those mentioning Paco Jemez or De Boer !!

mazp

Yes. Team is regressing, no signs of improvement, no tactical knowledge, no stable starting 11 as were in Nov already..etc

Busi-Messi Barca

No.

Give him till Christmas to see if the team makes any sort of progress. We'll know more by then. I'm not optimistic but there's no point in rushing to sack him without having someone good lined up to replace him.

100% agree.

He has to be given a chance to turn this round, he has learnt a few tough lessons already this season and the team does show signs of promise.

Home of Barca Fans