Is it time to sack Lucho?

Is it time to sack Lucho?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
First let me say, I will always respect the work Lucho put in for Barca defending the shirt and he absolutely earned the name "Lucho" on the pitch but this discussion needs to be had: Is it time to sack Lucho while the club is still in contention for all trophies?

So let me get this right, the club is paying millions of euros a year to have Suarez and Neymar. It cost 200M to sign them and he decides to rest them before their FIFA dates? Good to see our club spending money on World Class players to leave them fresh and rested for their national teams.

The club won today due to Suarez's individual brilliance off the bench and due to Messi's individual brilliance Wednesday but something is very wrong right now. It may be time to go another option before another season is thrown down the drain.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I like the way you worded your poll. not sacking him isnt an option in your poll , just a matter of when. As alot of people said who would be a good replacement ?

Irish_Cules

No.

Give him till Christmas to see if the team makes any sort of progress. We'll know more by then. I'm not optimistic but there's no point in rushing to sack him without having someone good lined up to replace him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The problem still is; If we sack him, who do we bring in? In the middle of the season? It would have to be a stop-gap, but who? Although there's no doubt that things are going really bad at the moment and it's absolutely baffling how he is still holding onto his "system" while it's obvious it's not working, neither the players or the fans understand it, nor does the commies and dozen of analysts, football writers, whatever.

What I really hope for is that the socis stand up and are waiving their white handkerchief while chanting JUNTA DIMISSIO in the game against Sevilla.

Chainsaw

Killahead
No, Barca shouldn't have appointed him at the first place. Now it's not the time to change without having a proper replacement ready for him. I like Jupp Heynckes to replace him but I'm not counting on it to happen. With this set of arrogant clueless board at the club hoping for the right decisions to happen seem to be a far fetched dream for many of us right now.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Yes sack him and bring someone who actually likes to play to their players' strength would be an instant improvement if we actually have a midfield

L

linetty

It is.

I want Guardiola back.

His Bayern is scoring goals for fun after inch perfect collective team plays.

Kasperroed

I just heard that we changed to a 3-4-3 after the break. What did it look like? Did it work well?

I was'nt at home, so i could'nt see it by myself...

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
And why wasn't Ter Stegen starting after his great performance against Ajax on Wednesday? I'm not a fan of rotating our keepers like this, it's nonsensical to me. The only way for Ter Stegen to get experience is to get minutes on a consistent basis.

raskolnikov

It is.

I want Guardiola back.

His Bayern is scoring goals for fun after inch perfect collective team plays.
Pep kind of screwed us over as well, people like to blame the board for it but supposedly he was tired of working at top level then rejoins another European powerhouse in Munich. after his sabbatical. Guy was supposed to be our Ferguson, saw things going down hill and captain jumped the sinking ship.
Im extremely gratefull for all he did but I don't see the point in managing another European powerhouse other than for his own ego and to have a change in scenery like he did as a player. His own choice and I respect it of course but still a little dissapointed in his decision to bail when the going got tough.

Chainsaw

Killahead
The main problem with this board is that for years they haven't learned to "move on". Players age and diminish, once in a while a cycle ends and another needs to begin, but this board still fail to realize that. The hesitation to strengthening the defence for years, buying Cesc to replace Xavi (two different players), having Tata as the scapegoat to cover up their incompetence, appointing Lucho who proved nada as the coach, signing injured and aged players for a position which has been the club's Achilles heel for years, the big gap in quality between the first 11 and the subs, with a coach who seem to be out of his depth managing at this level all say there are many things wrong in this club right now.

Devils

Throwing out names like Jupp and Pep is not realistic.

I want someone who can make Barca play like a fucking team. When it comes down to it, we have one of the best squads in the world and Lucho makes them look like goddamn amateurs. It's far far too reminiscent of AVB at Chelsea or Moyes at United.

It's one thing to play bad and lose, or have aging players but it's a completely different thing to completely lose your identity as a club, which is the direction we are doing with Lucho.

Home of Barca Fans