Abel Ruiz

God Serena

Might he be the mythical first team quality forward we've dreamed about coming from La Masia for so long?

I've always been skeptical of him, but he's doing quite a job of changing my mind...

khaled_a_d

Might he be the mythical first team quality forward we've dreamed about coming from La Masia for so long?

I've always been skeptical of him, but he's doing quite a job of changing my mind...

I feel he is the kind of guy who either gonna make it big, or not make it at all (like Gai Assulin not making it)
Has all the right tools but also feel he leaves something to be desired.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hopefully he'll be the reverse Dongou and Bojan lol.

Make it big time for the 1st team instead of flopping there after scoring heavily for the youth sides.

He sure as hell doesn't lack any confidence though judging from his interviews.

khaled_a_d

Uhhh, Dongou. shame the amount of Cameronian kids that never made it. I remember when I first knew about Deulofeu , it was during watching many other Cameronian attackers videos back in 2007 and he was always assisting or finishing the assist of those.
tbf Dongou relied on speed, talent and athleticism, those things usually fades when you start facing the best out there unless you are one of the true elites which is handful. I think he was talented and smart enough of a player to made it to first division, but injuries ruined him lately.
Abel is less relying on those things and more relying on instincts and understanding of the game. But if those things doesn't translate he is probably left for nothing to save his career.

El Flaco

Abel Ruiz's interview with Sport [English version]

[tw]924162013978398720[/tw]

From Google Translate

They lost in their debut with Brazil, but since then they have not stopped winning until they reach the final.

The team came with much desire to this championship. We started against a very complicated opponent, but since then we went up, with great confidence. We improved the mistakes we made against Brazil and from there to the end.

After winning the last European, is seen repeating victory against England?

It is true that memories of that epic ending come to mind. They are unique and very beautiful moments. Hopefully it can be repeated, but if you can win earlier much better.

On a personal level, he has the challenge of being the top scorer.

I've always said: The first thing is to win the World Championship. If I can help the team with goals, much better, but the main thing is that we are champions.

What is the key to the success of this group, which puts another end on track?

We are a pineapple and the good group that we are is what has made us get here.

Does being surrounded by some colleagues at Barça help you at the time of giving a better performance?

We are a generation that knows each other perfectly. In addition, I also have former colleagues from Valencia. With Barca there is a better relationship because we see each other day after day, but we all get along very well. We blend in luxury.

What would you be willing to do to win the World Cup, have you made any promises?

We are thinking first of winning the final. From then on, whatever we do, we will do it all together. That will be thought later, now we are focused on winning England that will be complicated.

Many people compare him to Benzema. Do you see the simile right?

Yes, in some movement I look like myself, because of my style of play. Benzema is one of the best strikers in the world, but I have as references to Lewandowski and Luis Suarez. They are the two best and I pay more attention to them.

He is only 17 years old but he has already played in Segunda. How do you manage to keep your feet on the ground?

I always go out to the field to enjoy. I do not think about what I have achieved so far and what I can achieve. I'm focused on nothing more than doing the best I can on the turf.

He is still very young and has a lot to learn. What should be improved?

Lately I look at Luis Suarez for his aggressiveness. It is something that I lack in front of goal. I would also like to learn from the finalization that he has. I need a point of character, because that can make me succeed at Barça.

In the selection has as a partner Ferran Torres. Have you talked about the possibility of being also at Barça? Would you recommend it?

Yes of course I would recommend it. He is a great player and a great person. In Barcelona we wait with open arms, but it will be complicated because in Valencia it is well and at ease. Wherever he goes, he will do well because he is very good and adapts to any situation, as he has shown here in India.

What role have Gabri, Gerard and Santi Denia played in their evolution?

Santi Denia has helped me in the selection and already called me with the generation of 99 to enjoy a European in which we finish runners-up. With Gabri I was one season in the Juvenile A where I evolved a lot. Gerard has made me jump to Second and it has been a big step for me. I have to thank the three very much because they have made me grow a lot.

Who refused in the summer to stay at the club?

I have not heard offers. I do not want to know anything about it because I am very happy at Barça and my idea is to continue here. As long as you trust me, I will not change this decision.

Can you imagine playing someday next to Leo Messi?

Ugh, this would be a dream come true. For this I am in FC Barcelona. I want to debut at the Camp Nou and if it can be with the best in history, much better.

How is the experience of playing in India, where football is not a majority sport?

There is a lot of expectation in spite of not being the king sport of the country. They chase us when we leave the hotel with the bikes and the stadiums are filled. The other day there were 55,000 spectators in the field.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Yah that was a sick goal. His other one for the B team was against Granada, not at all a weak side by Segunda standards.

I think this kid has been underrated/under-noticed on as a future contributor to the 1st team. His development has been accelerating with every passing level and he's really been shining this past year. He's already 1.82m which is as tall or a bit taller than Suarez and still growing. Plus his technique/mobility is superb and he has a hell of a shot.

Griezmann's prime will last ~4 years and Abel Ruiz can rise up after that. I think this next gen of La Masia will be CRITICAL to our adaptation after Messi declines and that they are our best hope of not declining as a team after that. If Aleña/Ruiz/Cucu/Oriol all become great we won't have much to worry about for a long time.

Home of Barca Fans