Abel Ruiz

Altomonte

Scored 2 goals today in Spain's win over Italy. Third goal scored by Barça's Sergio Gomez. Team qualified for Final 8 of UEFA Under 17 championship.

God Serena

Anyone named Abel is probably an asshole, kind of hard to believe he's the humble Barca boy we've come to expect.

Jallo

Something about him bothers me and gives me pause. He is a big powerful striker with sublime technical abilities, fantastic dribbler and finisher. At the same time as far as I know he has never had a dominant season in the various youth teams he has played, except maybe for the Spain National teams. This might mean all his potential is in the future or he is not an imposing dominant player.

Are their any strikers that were not high volume scorers as youngsters but turned out to be as adults?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't know about that, but of all the current and former La Masia strikers, he comes across as the one with '1st team' written all over him.

Let's see how it turns out for him.

God Serena

Don't know about that, but of all the current and former La Masia strikers, he comes across as the one with '1st team' written all over him.

We've had numerous strikers come through the ranks who have looked much more promising at his level. I personally don't see it.

khaled_a_d

He has the perfect skill set to make it here,it is a question of his level
He has age at his side being just 17 , this year between Juvenil A and Barca B and 2 more seasons in Barca B could make him totally different player

I think there is couple of younger names who is considered better talents

LaPulga

Yep, also Mateu Jaume, Sergio Gomez, & Miranda.

Jandro Orellana unfortunately injured for a couple of months.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
A lot of eyes will be on him in the upcoming U-17 WC.

A good tournament here could really kickstart his Barcelona career. Perhaps he'll get more chances for Barca B.

He has the perfect skill set to make it here,it is a question of his level
He has age at his side being just 17 , this year between Juvenil A and Barca B and 2 more seasons in Barca B could make him totally different player

I think there is couple of younger names who is considered better talents

I think he's regarded as possibly the best young CF prospect in Spain right now, or at least top 3.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I think he's regarded as possibly the best young CF prospect in Spain right now, or at least top 3.

Better than Pablo Moreno? no way

A lot of eyes will be on him in the upcoming U-17 WC.

A good tournament here could really kickstart his Barcelona career. Perhaps he'll get more chances for Barca B.

I think his career at Barca B isn't bad so far. He is elegible for Juvenil A team this season and next season so one season playing between both isn't bad

Home of Barca Fans