Lliga: UD Almería - FC Barcelona 1-2

zanela

almeria-vs-barcelona-liga-bbva.jpg

UD Almería vs FC Barcelona
Estadio de los Juegos Mediterráneos
La Liga Jornada 11
Saturday, 8th Nov 2014
16.00 CET​

Barca travel to Almeria for round 11 of the league. Our opponent currently sit 14th in the table, with 2 wins coming against Sociedad and Dep on the road. Their form last 5 matches: WDLLL. Almeria have not won against Barca in their last 12 encounters (10L, 2D). I expect that streak to continue.

Statistically, Ximo Navarro has been their best player. Personally, looking forward to seeing S. Dubarbier and M.Santos.

Antimadridista1

I expect one of Douglas/Montoya to start. I want stability in midfield and attack, no changes if possible.

Bravo
Douglas/Montoya - Bartra - Mascherano - Alba
Rakitic - Busquets - Xavi
Messi - Suarez - Ney

F

Flavia

I expect one of Douglas/Montoya to start. I want stability in midfield and attack, no changes if possible.

Bravo
Douglas/Montoya - Bartra - Mascherano - Alba
Rakitic - Busquets - Xavi
Messi - Suarez - Ney

Adriano at RB would be a better idea than douglas or montoya. 2 games in a row for Xavi, 3 days apart, it's too much. Rafinha should start.

serghei

Adriano at RB would be a better idea than douglas or montoya. 2 games in a row for Xavi, 3 days apart, it's too much. Rafinha should start.

I agree. That's probably the only reason why Rafinha should start.

L

linetty

I agree.

Bravo
Adriano - Bartra - Mascherano - Alba
Rakitic - Busquets - Rafinha
Messi - Suarez - Ney

I'd want to see Samper instead of Busquets as well tbh

Antimadridista1

I agree but I don't think that Lucho consider Adriano as a RB, at least he's not second option in his hierarchy.
Concerning Xavi, I would like to see stability in midfield and he's the best option we have at the moment, along Rakitic & Busi.

I cant stand the fact that people are calculating with douglas over homegrown loyal montoya. This player has been neglected by almost everyone. Tata gave him a chance around march/april, and he was our best player by far that match.

I mean, douglas!! An average if not weak player from the brasilian league, he is not Even good enough for the norwegian league. The worst in europe. Wasnt it neymars fathers firm that scouted him? The whole deal stinks. Swiss bank accounts and so on.

F

Flavia

I agree but I don't think that Lucho consider Adriano as a RB, at least he's not second option in his hierarchy.
Concerning Xavi, I would like to see stability in midfield and he's the best option we have at the moment, along Rakitic & Busi.

He was subbed in yesterday, for Alves. So maybe he is now. Xavi will be too tired to have a good game. I wouldn't risk it.

May I Ask why you dont think adriano is number 2 in the hierarchy? As far as I can remember he has been substitutet for Alves twice so farcthis season. Montoya is obviously out of the question and douglas is just a poor player. So adriano then? Are you thinking masch? Or 3-4-3?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think we'll see this team:

Bravo

Adriano - Pique - Mascherano - Alba

Rakitic - Busquets - Rafinha

Suarez - Messi - Neymar​

Kerrybai

……… Montoya … Mathieu… Bartra………
Pedro … Rakitic… Masherano … Alba
…………….Messi …. Neymar……………….
…………………..Suarez…………………………

It will never happen but still.

Ursegor

World Champion
……… Montoya … Mathieu… Bartra………
Pedro … Rakitic… Masherano … Alba
…………….Messi …. Neymar……………….
…………………..Suarez…………………………

It will never happen but still.

I don't understand the idea behind that formation. If I'm the opposite coach I ask my #10 to man-mark Rakitic and force all buildup through Mascherano who isn't great on the ball or the wingbacks which means isolation on the sidelines and more hoofs and crosses than ever. Someone else said it in the other thread. If you think Busquets-Xavi-Rakitic isn't enough midfield dominance what do you expect to see from Rakitic-Mascherano? This kind of formation would only make sense if Barca deliberately ceeded possession and sat back to counter yet against a team like Almeria it's a useless concept and against elite teams I can assure you that backline will get obliterated.

Instead of radically changing formations and benching the most gifted players because they are in bad form Barca should concentrate on building on the 2nd half against Ajax with all 3 lines squeezed together as much as possible and high collective workrate by everyone including Messi.

Schumi

Their position on the table is a bit misleading I fell. They were quite good whenever I have seen them play. We have to play well to win this one.

Home of Barca Fans