CL: Ajax - FC Barcelona 0-2

viper76

From what we have seen so far its going to be a defeat . we lost to them last season and we were in a batter shape.
its going to be a pain to watch so I will give this game a mess like I did with the clasico .

Barcadub

From what we have seen so far its going to be a defeat . we lost to them last season and we were in a batter shape.
its going to be a pain to watch so I will give this game a mess like I did with the clasico .

We pretty much had top spot sealed by the time we played Ajax away last season. We had 10 points from 12 and if you look at the team sheet it was a weak Barcelona team. Pinto,Puyol,Song,Montoya,Xavi started. Patric, Adama and Sergi Roberto were the subs used. Messi was injured.

This is a must win game now if we want top spot. If the worst case scenario happened and we did lose, we would still be ahead of Ajax. We should win this game. We just have to put our chances away.

Thank god for an easy game after the 2 latest performances, i dont care if we win big just we get the easy 3 Points (and Masch starting as DM(.

How is playing in Amsterdam an easy game? We lost 2-1 last time.

It should be an easy win every day of the weak, we are starting a top 11 as we have to. They are Young doing lot of misstakes, dont park the bus on homesoil. If we dont win it well then we are even worse off than i thought. Last year we had no Messi and a weak side, this year is different we MUST win and we will, easy.

pszczudlo

I wouldn't be so dramatic as most of you are. Why should we lose against Ajax? Do you think the next time 4 crossbars would help our opponent? Lucho still have plenty of work to do, and there are numerous of problems that have to be solved but it's not the end of the world.

I think Samper should get his chance. I think Rafinha is a starter that has to play no matter what. We must create something new in our midfield.

ebc_99

We aren't playing so bad that we should lose this game, I expect a victory but it won't be easy. Big game for Lucho, he will be under huge pressure if we do lose.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
If we somehow lose or draw this game, I am curious how everyone would react at Lucho.

I wouldn't be so dramatic as most of you are. Why should we lose against Ajax? Do you think the next time 4 crossbars would help our opponent? Lucho still have plenty of work to do, and there are numerous of problems that have to be solved but it's not the end of the world.

I think Samper should get his chance. I think Rafinha is a starter that has to play no matter what. We must create something new in our midfield.

Maybe I am biased here, but as far as I can see rafinha is hugely overrated. Certain people told me he was better than his brother - talent wise. I cant see it. Actually I cant see anything:) I only see a decent player who is a better fit for some second rate la liga team - like celta Vigo. I mean iniesta vs rafinha? Sorry, the talent is just not there. I dont demand another iniesta of course, but I demand a world class player. Rafinha is not.

Our midfield once was our strongest part, no Its at the same level as our defense. Xavi was obviously in decline in 2012, Its soon 2015, and he is 34 and still starts el classico for Barcelona. Rakitic is good but not top class, such as kroos and modric and james. Just look at our el classico material: sergi roberto, pedro, Alves, xavi, pique, masch(still cb) and wasnt rafinha on? Its not that strange we lost? Is it? Add a poor coach and we have ourselves a winner.

We have one of the best attacking Lines ever, but Its defense that win matches - at least the most important ones. We scored two against Psg and lost, we scored one at santiago(should have been more) and lost. Our defense has been weak since 2012, and Its maybe Even worse today. The best teams always Expose us. 0-7 against Bayern was the worst games I have ever witnessed.

I also cant stand the fact that with 3 world class players we could have beaten real. Add kroos. And a brilliant right back. Add a cb like hummels. Add a in form iniesta and busquets. We would have punished them badly:) pique/masch, douglas/Alves, and xavi/rakitic just wont do.

Barcilliant

I think going out in the group stages would be a HUGE blessing in disguise.

1)It will save us the humiliation of being pummelled by some big team like Bayern, Chelsea or even Juventus.

2)Wake up call for the club

3)Sacking of Lucho who has no clear vision as to how the club should play.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

1)It will save us the humiliation of being pummelled by some big team like Bayern, Chelsea or even Juventus.

But where will we hide from Madristas :cry:

Alik

1) Nah, it's much more humiliating to get kicked out early.

2) If the club hasn't received a wake up call after the past 2 seasons, then this won't solve it.

3) I think it might be premature to want Lucho sacked, considering that there is no successor lined up.

Home of Barca Fans