Lliga: FC Barcelona - Celta de Vigo 0-1

Kasperroed

How did we play in the past when LB/RB tracked forward? Did the midfielders have compensate there too?

I seriously can't remember...

BarçAjax8

How did we play in the past when LB/RB tracked forward? Did the midfielders have compensate there too?

It was much more organized with Abidal being more reserved allowing Dani to get forward. But if the opportunity arose Abidal would get forward with Dani getting back. No matter what we had a back 3 with Busquets sitting in front of them while 6 others attacked. What made it work so well was the midfield completely controlled the ball and kept it moving with simple 1-2s creating triangles and running the opposition ragged.

Neimax

I think it wasn't that bad yesterday. We had a lot of chances and with a little bit of luck we would have scored 5 or 6 goals and everyone would praise them. We have to give this new team time, and also Enrique has to give them time (he shouldn't change te starting 11 in every game). The only think I would change at the moment, would be playing Masche in the midfield and to play Bartra instead of him in defence.
The good thing is that it's still the start of the season, and it's still everything possible. It's better to loose now, than to loose the important games in April and May. I don't know if we will win any title this season, but I'm sure that the team will bounce back and will show entertaining football again (especially the front three).
Visca el Barça y visca Catalunya!

L

linetty

Some people on this forum:
Have you seen the game? We were crap as a team (again), chances were created due to individuals not due to team play what used to be Barca's main characteristic.

We are in complete shambles.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

Thats because we had a focused Pique with Puyol kicking his ass in the backline with Abidal and prime Dani to back them up

Howlgrana

I think people need to calm themselves slightly with the overreactions.

When Xavi and Iniesta play and we lose, we call for Rakitic and Rafinha and when they look lost yesterday, we call again for the experience of our two great midfielders.

My one concern is related to this though - Lucho seems to be rotating the team a lot and it's not just small changes, he is changing massively the way we operate sometimes game to game. If you look at Chelsea (one team in hot form right now) or Real Madrid to a lesser extent, they play with a similar line-up each game and they keep winning.

I think Lucho has gone overboard with the idea that Barca need different game-plans each game. We should have one main way to play and only alternate that style if we need to against the big sides. Obviously we can still rotate players but not fundamentally change the way the team plays game to game.

Last edited:

Co0ter

Our problem isnt with the defense atm, it's with our midfield being completely disconnected from both our defense and offense.

Vilarrubi

I think people need to calm themselves slightly with the overreactions.

When Xavi and Iniesta play and we lose, we call for Rakitic and Rafinha and when they look lost yesterday, we call again for the experience of our two great midfielders.

My one concern is related to this though - Lucho seems to be rotating the team a lot and it's not just small changes, he is changing massively the way we operate sometimes game to game. If you look at Chelsea (one team in hot form right now) or Real Madrid to a lesser extent, they play with a similar line-up each game and they keep winning.

I think Lucho has gone overboard with the idea that Barca need different game-plans each game. We should have one main way to play and only alternate that style if we need to against the big sides. Obviously we can still rotate players but not fundamentally change the way the team plays game to game.

Completely agree with this. His rotation seems casual like we are in a position to do that. Before the Madrid game although we were undefeated we didn't look convincing at all. He should get his set starting 11 and rotate 1 or 2 players if needed.

beogatts

lost faith? if barca's management had faith on lucho n the new players, then we shall too. its not like we neva lost any game previous seasons. the team will get along but not anytime soon. we should lower our expectations this year :p & with our transfer ban, nothing much we can do but focus to improve the current MF. also expecting lucho to stop rotating n start finalizing his formation n tactics by this month. IMO, let the young players play. xavi & iniesta were not always starters back then (b4 pep's era). the new team n manager jst need some chemistry n gain more confidence.

Home of Barca Fans