What do you think about the possibility of hiring Mourinho as Barca's coach?

Mourinho at Barcelona?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
F

Flavia

It would be criminal to associate the Dane with the aforementioned two. Apart from the Barca-Madrid conn., they are not comparable in any way.

It's the same, to me. Laudrup crossed a line he should never had crossed, after all his years at Barça.

zanela

It's the same, to me. Laudrup crossed a line he should never had crossed, after all his years at Barça.

If one were to disregard the context & circumstances behind decisions made in life, most of us wouldn't come out looking good.
Stoichkov's account, which I read few years ago, provides a glimpse in to Michael's distressed relationship with Cruyff in his last year as a Barca player. The dutchman froze him out to the point that Laud's own teammates were left perplexed, and found it acutely objectionable. He endured in silence, and was seen teared up in the stands when his team lost to Milan in '94. He can deny as much as he wants, and offer a sporting excuse, but his switch was to settle a personal score, evident from his enthusiastic first year exploits at Madrid, and the disappointment the following year. Having done some extensive reading on his case, I can understand him, even if I don't approve of it. He was unwanted and discarded. Cruyff has offered a lot to Barca, but losing Michael is on him. ML was an important member of Dream Team I, an elegant presence on the pitch that dazzled and inspired many, one of whom goes by the name of Andrés Iniesta, who still looks up to him. You won't see such blaugrana reverence in regards to other 'defectors'. His conduct and mannerism alone set him above the aforementioned. His case was different, and those amongst the well-informed Barca community still have much respect and affection for him.

F

Flavia

If one were to disregard the context & circumstances behind decisions made in life, most of us wouldn't come out looking good.
Stoichkov's account, which I read few years ago, provides a glimpse in to Michael's distressed relationship with Cruyff in his last year as a Barca player. The dutchman froze him out to the point that Laud's own teammates were left perplexed, and found it acutely objectionable. He endured in silence, and was seen teared up in the stands when his team lost to Milan in '94. He can deny as much as he wants, and offer a sporting excuse, but his switch was to settle a personal score, evident from his enthusiastic first year exploits at Madrid, and the disappointment the following year. Having done some extensive reading on his case, I can understand him, even if I don't approve of it. He was unwanted and discarded. Cruyff has offered a lot to Barca, but losing Michael is on him. ML was an important member of Dream Team I, an elegant presence on the pitch that dazzled and inspired many, one of whom goes by the name of Andrés Iniesta, who still looks up to him. You won't see such blaugrana reverence in regards to other 'defectors'. His conduct and mannerism alone set him above the aforementioned. His case was different, and those amongst the well-informed Barca community still have much respect and affection for him.

I know all that. Saw in on a laudrup interview some years ago. I understand why he had to leave. But rm was not the only team he could had gone too. figo's case is way worse, but Laudrup also chose to go to rm... So, in the end, it's the same. Just different intensities.

And I think if Laudrup had been successful in rm as figo was, or played more years there, he'd probably be hated as much.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's not very dissimilar to what Cruyff did himself when Ajax didn't renew his contract, he went to Feyenoord, their arch rivals. I wonder how the senior Ajax fans think about his move back then.

Caps

Absolutely never. I actually think it'd be like spitting on the club. Never, ever, ever.

Home of Barca Fans