Catalunya Supercup Final: FC Barcelona - Espanyol 1-1 (4-2 pk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
FCB.v1319559431.png
-
RCD_Espanyol.v1317634154.png

Date: Wednesday, 10/29/2014 21:30
Stadium: Camp Nou(Somewhere in Girona, conflicting reports)
Competition: Catalunya Supercup

Time to win our first trophy of the season people :xavi:

DSC_0242.v1413971579.jpg

Last edited:
F

Flavia

This will be played by the b team, probably... don't think it's worthy of a thread.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't know... did it happen?

Yeah, I can remember reading about that.

Also found this old tweet, but I am not sure. Not been in news lately.

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff Sep 24
The Catalan federation has confirmed that both Barcelona and Espanyol will play the Catalan Super Cup on 29 October with first team players.

PhilS

I think Barca first team players will play, but not any of the starters from El Clasico, except Suarez.

Ter Stegen or Masip
Montoya Bartra Verm whoever
Samper
Rafina Roberto
Suarez Sandro Munir

All these players need first team playing time, the team needs them to stay sharp. All subs should come from Barca B.

F

Flavia

This week: Catalan Super Cup and Celta

www.fcbarcelona.com
10/27/2014 12:30

Training at the Ciutat Esportiva this week will be focusing on games with Espanyol and Celta

he first team has two games this week. First there’s the Catalan Super Cup against Espanyol at the Estadi Montilivi, Girona, and on Saturday Celta visit for a league fixture at the Camp Nou. There will be training at the Ciutat Esportiva on Monday and Tuesday at 11.00 AM CET. The game with Espanyol is at 21.30 on Wednesday evening.
Celta visit Camp Nou

The day after, training resumes at the Ciutat Esportiva, and at the same time, now fully focused on hosting Celta on Saturday. They’ll also train on the morning of the match itself, which kicks off at 8.00 PM CET, and there will be no break after as they start preparing for a new set of games.

Monday 27

11.00 AM CET: Training at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper.

Tuesday 28

Wednesday 29

9.30 PM CET: Catalan Super Cup. FC Barcelona v RCD Espanyol.

Thursday 30

Friday 31

Saturday 1

8.00 PM CET: Liga fixture at the Camp Nou. Barça v Celta.

Sunday 2

11.00 AM CET: Training at the Ciutat Esportiva

Looks like it's in Girona. Suarez should play, would be good for him to get rhythm.

CatalinR10

in-3dc4876f3f08201c7c76cb71fa1da439-231.gif

Innnnnnnn on the Espanyol game thread.

Suarez should get some minutes.

Shoutout to my friend Bambi who now is a lawyer and doing great in life considering the tragic death of his mother.

il_570xN.330776326.jpg

zanela

Hey Don, you forgot to incorporate this pic in the opening post. You seem to 've acted in haste, I wonder why. :troll:

Some excerpts from Xavi's interview about the event done few days ago.

“It’ll be a derby and a final and those are the kind of games you always want to play and win” he said. “It’ll be a fine show, with plenty of fair play as we all enjoy this celebration of Catalan football”.

Asked how competitively his team will take the game, Xavi insisted that “whoever plays will be well motivated. We represent Catalan football and we are the two biggest exponents of the game in this country”.

Source: fcbarcelona.com

Obviously it means a lot to Xavi, even more so than CL and LL. Only he doesn't know espanyol's opposite no. to Roberto will be better than him (whatever the name). Lets hope Samper and Rafinha's presence (if both feature i.e) can offset Roberto's ineptness, and thus bring joy to Xavi. Lets do it for :xavi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans