Lliga: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 3-1

zanela

Spanish football’s biggest spectacle is upon us, and I’ve assumed the crucial duty of initiating (intellectual) dialogue on the same.

A football rivalry that has political connotations, and more than a century old, has been the litmus test for the greatest managers and footballers the world has seen. We’re are once again at that moment of the season where passion and emotions will soar high, and men showing greater will to win on the pitch will be substantially rewarded.

View attachment 6711
Real Madrid vs Barcelona
Santiago Bernabéu
La Liga Jornada 9
Saturday, 25th Oct 2014
18.00 CET

• The first El Clasico was played in May 13, 1902. Since then, the two teams have netted a mammoth 736 goals between them! There have been 227 Clasicos since the first recorded match between the teams on 13 May 1902.
  • Though 21 players have moved from Barcelona to Real Madrid, only 12 have gone in the opposite direction. A total of 13 players have played on both sides of El Clasico during their careers, a list that includes Michael Laudrup, Luis Enrique, Bernd Schuster and Luis Figo, who was welcomed back to Camp Nou in 2002 with a pig's head thrown at him by an enraged Barcelona fan.
  • Despite being among the most decorated clubs in international football, there has never been a European Cup final featuring Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Squads:
Barcelona should be able to count on its regular members, with only Busquets’ participation a doubt at this point.

Real Madrid barring injuries from their CL encounter should ‘ve everyone available except Bale and Ramos.

Last edited:

FC B

I'd like to see Masche as a DM this time against such a formidable attack they have and playing at their stadium. This instead of the double pivot option.
Furthermore Busi is a bit off form, slow and "too gentle" for such a clash especially when you've got Masche ready to take his place and fight like a warrior against those fast and physical rm players.

Last edited:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I'd like to see Masche as a DM this time against such a formidable attack they have and playing at their stadium. This instead of the double pivot option.
Furthermore Busi is a bit off form, slow and "too gentle" for such a clash especially when you've got Masche ready to take his place and fight like a warrior against those fast and physical rm players.

Masch and Rocketic will make Kroos and Modric wish they never got out of bed

Neymessi

Undoubtedly the most hyped club game this year and definitely the most hyped classico.

We may have a clean sheet but our defense doesn't match the stat by any means. Pique should be benched.I would play mathieu and masch and count on masch to not fuck up as a CB.

If pedro starts then sub suarez as soon as pedro looks to be utter shit or sub him at half time anyway for suarez.

It's really a 50-50 for me and tbh I would be happy with a draw considering how real are bossing their last few games and the game is at bernaleo.

Not even god has a solution for our RB problem atm.

Waiting for the guy who posts IN gif's to post the best one and make this thread roll

:barca scarf: :barca scarf: :barca scarf:

Last edited:

Schumi

----------------------------Bravo----------------------------
----Alves-------Bartra--------------Pique------Mathieu----
--------------------------Mascherano-----------------------
-------------Xavi------------------------Iniesta-------------
-------------------------Messi-------------------------------
-------Suarez----------------------------Neymar-----------

Schumi

Undoubtedly the most hyped club game this year and definitely the most hyped classico.

We may have a clean sheet but our defense doesn't match the stat by any means. Pique should be benched.I would play mathieu and masch and count on masch to not fuck up as a CB.

If pedro starts then sub suarez as soon as pedro looks to be utter shit or sub him at half time anyway for suarez.

It's really a 50-50 for me and tbh I would be happy with a draw considering how real are bossing their last few games and the game is at bernaleo.

Not even god has a solution for our RB problem atm.

Waiting for the guy who posts IN gif's to post the best one and make this thread roll

:barca scarf: :barca scarf: :barca scarf:

If Alves is more conservative with his forward runs, and keeps his mind concentrated (not as massive an "IF" as it first appears) I think we can do OK from that side. Mascherano can also help out.

I

instinct

Lucho should rest some players considering we play Celta next weekend...

Just kidding

Unlike many Culés out there I'm not sure that we win at all. It's 50/50 for me too. They have the home advantage but we played one day earlier at home vs a less difficult opponent in the CL. Bale's absence could be a blessing in disguise for them.

Wether Suarez starts or not, he will have a huge impact, I'm sure about that.

Egert

Estonian Culé
3-3 for me.
Hopefully we can take the win, but they have been in great form lately. But Atleti beated them at Bernaleo 2-1 so anything can happen. They have killed every little team with their cute Cristiano, but they have been in trouble with big teams. We just need to hope that we will score more than them, because let's be honest, they will score at least 2 goals.

F

Flavia

I'm not confident in a win. I think we'll score, but lately our defense was really lucky. Pique and Alves current form is a worry, as rm has a lot of attack power. Bravo will most likely concede his first goals.

Also, Ancelotti might cause Lucho problems. A draw would be great for me.

serghei

I'm not confident in a win. I think we'll score, but lately our defense was really lucky. Pique and Alves current form is a worry, as rm has a lot of attack power. Bravo will most likely concede his first goals.

Couldn't have said it better.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I share the same sentiment. I'd be very happy if we walk away with 1 point.

raskolnikov

Nah we are going to beat them, their midfield lacks balance without Xabi, their defence and Iker are shaky.
2-4 type game:worthy:

FC B

----------------------------Bravo----------------------------
----Alves-------Bartra--------------Pique------Mathieu----
--------------------------Mascherano-----------------------
-------------Xavi------------------------Iniesta-------------
-------------------------Messi-------------------------------
-------Suarez----------------------------Neymar-----------

Alba as a LB and Mathieu as a CB and we are good to go!

Home of Barca Fans