Lliga: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 3-1

yahudi

And look at this:

The pass that started the play that led to the penalty. I think it's kroos, free to decided what to do. So much space there. I think I saw Lucho making gestures for the team to be compact more than once, but they didn't listen.

Nothing new here. It was the same as in Pep's glory years: once the opponent breaks through the first pressing wave, Barca regroups and drops deep and narrow. In fact, this is a classical approach. They are inviting Madrid to play the ball to the outisde where players can be isolated and the ball is won more easily.

The mistake happens seconds later. Iniesta does not help Alves by putting enough pressure on James and Dani is stranded between a James cross and the Marcelo overlap. Even then the situation is not outright dangerous until Pique has a brainfart and decides to slide for whatever reason.

Dida

1. When Barca played Madrid he made some stupid decisions, for example he put Mathiew at LB (supposably because he has more defensive work rate then Alba, which may be true, but keep in mind he was up the pitch most of the game and his attacking skills aren't as good as Jordi Alba's) So why start Mathiew?

2. That same game, Busquets was absolutely terrible. Mascherano should of been starting CDM. And have Bartra/Mathiew play CB with Pique.

3. Why in gods name was Luis Suarez a starter? I know he had been playing with the FCB B team, but him to debut in La Liga vs Madrid with no competitive activity the last few months is just UN-LOGICAL, considering Munir had been playing at a good level, and Messi & Neymar where coming with good chemistry the last couple of games.

Stupid Rookie mistakes by Luis Henrique.

Home of Barca Fans