6 - Carles Alena

navidjaan

How is he doing?

Best B midfielder by a mile this season. Controls the play and he's still in Juvenil age. Many years since that has happened (no, not even Samper). Aleñá is always dangerous with attempts on goal, and he should've had 4-5 set piece assists this season already, but Marlon, Martinez and others haven't been effective. He needs to improve on not getting caught in small spaces though, as he's not capable of getting out of them by himself, since his movements are a bit 'big' at times. All in all though extremely promising. Just a shame there seems to be no room on the first team whatsoever in upcoming seasons which means a loan, and we all know how those can pan out...

BBZ8800

Just a shame there seems to be no room on the first team whatsoever in upcoming seasons which means a loan, and we all know how those can pan out...

Thanks

Iniesta is very old, he will be retired soon.
Rakitic is losing his breath lately more often than 2 years ago.
Arda is an oldie.

From younger guys, Samper will have huge problems to make it here, especially as a Cm.
Rafinha in talent is miles behind Alena.
Gomes could make it, but a lot of work is infront of him.
Denis, imo, his future here in general or some bigger impact are very questionable.

If we would go to extremes, in 3 years from today, Gomes is the only player who looks like a starter.
Iniesta and Arda won't be here. I don't believe that Rakitic will be here either.
That leaves us with Rafinha and Denis as his true competitors from current players (even though, I think that we will buy 1-2-3 new Cms till then, as always).

Anyway, I wanted to say, he will have chances, and he will have much easier way than for example Thiago who had to fight with Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas.
So, imo, short term, Alena won't have too many chances in the next 2 years.
But long term, CM spots in a starting 11 are more or less "free" to take after 2018 or 2019...

I don't know would it better for him to stay in a B team or get loaned or wait till then, but things (imo) aren't that "bad" for his future as it may seem on a first look.

khaled_a_d

I hope he will just be patient,stays for this season and another one with Barca B,Lucho already a fan and probably even if we had a future coach he will love to promote a big talent like him.
I kind agree with BBZ,Alena will have his chance if he kept improving and met his potential

F4THi

Banned
According to some people we all know that Lucho prefers experienced B-team players over LaMasia-produced ones :D

God Serena

According to some people we all know that Lucho prefers experienced B-team players over LaMasia-produced ones :D

When it comes to defenders. Aside from Gumbau (Who Lucho doesn't seem to seriously rate in any way, despite him trolling us by calling him up), he's almost always preferred La Masia forwards and midfielders to experienced purchases for the B team.

navidjaan

Thanks

Iniesta is very old, he will be retired soon.
Rakitic is losing his breath lately more often than 2 years ago.
Arda is an oldie.

From younger guys, Samper will have huge problems to make it here, especially as a Cm.
Rafinha in talent is miles behind Alena.
Gomes could make it, but a lot of work is infront of him.
Denis, imo, his future here in general or some bigger impact are very questionable.

If we would go to extremes, in 3 years from today, Gomes is the only player who looks like a starter.
Iniesta and Arda won't be here. I don't believe that Rakitic will be here either.
That leaves us with Rafinha and Denis as his true competitors from current players (even though, I think that we will buy 1-2-3 new Cms till then, as always).

Anyway, I wanted to say, he will have chances, and he will have much easier way than for example Thiago who had to fight with Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas.
So, imo, short term, Alena won't have too many chances in the next 2 years.
But long term, CM spots in a starting 11 are more or less "free" to take after 2018 or 2019...

I don't know would it better for him to stay in a B team or get loaned or wait till then, but things (imo) aren't that "bad" for his future as it may seem on a first look.

That's what I'm saying. No room now, loan, and then everything can happen.

Raketa10

Apparently he was great today against Valencia B. He is playing great this season!

According to transfermarkt his contract ends in June, We need to extend it ASAP!

Last edited:

navidjaan

Apparently he was great today against Valencia B. He is playing great this season!

According to transfermarkt his contract ends in June, We need to extend it ASAP!

He wasn't good in the first half, but had a masterclass in the second. His contract is for a Juvenil player and this is his last Juvenil year. Renewing and getting him a B contract (unless he's promoted to the first team), is standard procedure. No worries.

Home of Barca Fans