6 - Carles Alena

vlad

My boy Aleña in the starting lineup. �� If Valverde wants to give Aleña chances like this and then promote him to the first team at end of the season, then I want to apologize for thinking he's disrespecting La masia. Lucho also gave youth players chances, but never gave them enough chances to prove themself so we will see Valverde's plan for Aleña. Maybe I should stop moan and actually wait and see. At Bilbao he gave many youth players chances, so maybe I should be patient. Hard to not moan when managers since Pep never count on any la masia players but I will be patient for now.

Under pep, promoting busquets was his best decision, but i also remember bojan krkic for example, tello, jeffren... they were just not good enough, there was alot of talk about samper, how he is next busi, but guy just dont have it, its different now for valverde, bilbao was not top club fighting with other top clubs for trophys, so he could promote players there without pressure, but here in barca? Its more risky and not easy, now he is trying with alena, we will see.

Last edited:

messi1995

Yes but we have a way better academy than Bilbao. We use alot of money to strenghtning our academy by buying the best youth players in Spain/Catalunya and also give them the best football education by teaching them how we play. That means we also have quality players in the academy that can fight to reach the first team. Hard to to reach the first team, but quality youth players deserve enough chances to prove themself. I don't expect Valverde to promote many youth players like he did in Bilbao because not all of them will make it at Barca, but atleast 1-2 each year. But ofc it depends on if there is some quality players with a very good technical abilty in the B team. Right now it's Aleña, but Oriol Busi have also a chance even tho he's not ready yet.

M

MessiCam

Alena’s Movement and passing is so good but daaaaamn he is bad under pressure.

pregra

I almost never watch the B team so I can only judge him the few times he plays with the first team. And I have to say he’s never done anything yet that gives me hope that this guy can be a regular a few years down the line. Might be a late bloomer but I think he too hyped up, possibly because we’re desperate for someone from La Masia to make the jump.

Raketa10

He has a loooooong way to go...he showed just few glimpses today but for majority of time he was very poor.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I liked what I saw. He was smart with the ball but obviously will need more matches like these grow.

messi1995

I agree that he needs to shield the ball better. But guys he's just 20 years old and played decent today. ☺ Almost had an assist if Denis Suarez didn't bottled it. And by the way he looked like a first team player unlike Denis. Very good player which has to improve like many youngster, but I think he will be a future star. Also he is a right interior, not on the left side where he played today.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Will not make it at Barca. You only need to watch 2 or 3 games and you can actually see if a player will ever be good enough for Barca. He won't.

Thiago at 20:

[youtube]J_2riz5Ysrc[/youtube]

The gap is huge and even Thiago never established himself as the world's top midfielder to this day.

Would be surprised if anyone from the youth team makes it within the next 15 years tbh. World class midfield talents are rare, since Xavi we can't even buy anyone (Coutinho is an attacker).

Last edited:

FC433

^ very harsh. Thiago playing at the Camp Nou alongside Iniesta Pedro and Fabregas, while Alena playing with Suarez Vidal and Paulinho.

Thiago still has not lived to his potential yet and soon he is going to be 27.

Home of Barca Fans