6 - Carles Alena

serghei

Chances are none of them will be good enough for that so entirely likely.

There is a lot of rose tinted views of Guardiolas time that he threw in youngsters at any given opportunity. He didnt and it seems to be massively influenced by that one CL game he played a lot of youngsters as if he dit that across hid whole 4 years.

Munir and Sandro got their chance with Lucho and they weren't good enough. It's not just about Guardiola. So far, not a single Barca B player got chances to prove himself with Valverde, that's the whole point. This needs to be changed.

FCBfan22

So who goes? Denis, Vidal, Iniesta, Mina (?)

Or maybe Gomes actually leaves. Unlikely but it'd be a dream.

Out: Vidal, Denis, Paco, Gomes, Deulofeu, Arda, Rafinha, Vermaelen (?), Iniesta(?)
In: Griezmann, Alena, Aouar(?), Young CB (?)

Squad:
1 MAtS
2 Semedo
3 Pique
4 Rakitić
5 Busquets
6 Arthur
7 Griezmann
8 Iniesta (Aouar)
9 Suarez
10 Messi
11 Dembele
12 Alena
13 Cillesen
14 Coutinho
15 Paulinho
16 /
17 /
18 Alba
19 Digne
20 Roberto
21 /
22 /
23 Umtiti
24 Mina
25 Vermaelen (YoungCB)

21 Players.

God Serena

Out: Vidal, Denis, Paco, Gomes, Deulofeu, Arda, Rafinha, Vermaelen (?), Iniesta(?)
In: Griezmann, Alena, Aouar(?), Young CB (?)

Squad:
1 MAtS
2 Semedo
3 Pique
4 Rakitić
5 Busquets
6 Arthur
7 Griezmann
8 Iniesta (Aouar)
9 Suarez
10 Messi
11 Dembele
12 Alena
13 Cillesen
14 Coutinho
15 Paulinho
16 /
17 /
18 Alba
19 Digne
20 Roberto
21 /
22 /
23 Umtiti
24 Mina
25 Vermaelen (YoungCB)

21 Players.

Aouar? What? New rumors?

Raketa10

Yup. We are looking to replace Iniesta with Aouar if he decides to leave. We even contacted Lyon already, apparently.

There is no way we'll sign Aouar. It will be a success if we integrate both Alena and Arthur so there is basically ZERO chance we will buy another 20 years old midfielder. If we do try to sign him and I really don't believe we will than it would be clear we don't believe in Alena at all. Not to mention that if we buy Griezmann for 100 mil there is no way we'll also splash bunch of millions on Aouar.

Last edited:

tacticvarium

If they want to sign a new midfielder, it would not make sense to have a smaller squad.
I think it's also a bad business to have three young non-established players at the same time unless Aleñá gets to leave on loan or sth but it seems the club has a plan for Aleñá in the first team.

Nothanks

So who goes? Denis, Vidal, Iniesta, Mina (?)

Or maybe Gomes actually leaves. Unlikely but it'd be a dream.

I would guess the team would be

starting 11:
-----------Suarez------Griezmann
-------------------Messi
----Coutinho---Busquets-----Rakitic
Alba------Umtiti-------Pique------Roberto
----------------ter Stegen

Sub 11:
--------------Paco-----Dembele
-------------------Alena
---Gomes??-----Arthur-----Paulinho
Digne--Vermalean-----Mina-----Semedo
-------------------Jasper

i assume Iniesta is gone, and we'll probably stick to gomes as i doubt valverde will sell him.
that's a 22 man squad

we'd have to sell Rafinha, Denis, and Vidal (all should honestly go, with griezmann coming in vidal wont be used considering dembele is on the bench / denis is already not used and rafinha most likely will get bought by inter)

the dream scenario is that we sell gomes and keep iniesta or at least hope to keep iniesta until January 2019 if Arthur really takes till next year to acquire

Last edited:

FCBfan22

There is no way we'll sign Aouar. It will be a success if we integrate both Alena and Arthur so there is basically ZERO chance we will buy another 20 years old midfielder. If we do try to sign him and I really don't believe we will than it would be clear we don't believe in Alena at all. Not to mention that if we buy Griezmann for 100 mil there is no way we'll also splash bunch of millions on Aouar.

Alena is a CAM / RM and is not a direct Iniesta replacement.

FCBfan22

Coutinho is Iniesta replacement.

Yeah and Coutinho gets injured and we are fucked next season.

Alena will probably be used as Dembele sub (Vidal role) next season. Even if we are looking to have a smaller squad next year, we still need to have at least 2 quality players in each position. For example:

GK: MAtS, Cillesen
RB: Semedo, Roberto
CB: Umtiti, Pique, Vermaelen, Mina
LB: Alba, Digne
CDM: Rakitić, Busquets, Paulinho, Arthur
LM: Coutinho, ?
RM: Dembele, Alena
ST: Suarez, Griezmann, Messi

Of course Roberto can cover multiple positions and Digne can play CB, but if you rely on that, you can only pray that you don't get injuries of Semedo and Coutinho at the same time, for example.

Raketa10

Yeah and Coutinho gets injured and we are fucked next season.

Alena will probably be used as Dembele sub (Vidal role) next season. Even if we are looking to have a smaller squad next year, we still need to have at least 2 quality players in each position. For example:

GK: MAtS, Cillesen
RB: Semedo, Roberto
CB: Umtiti, Pique, Vermaelen, Mina
LB: Alba, Digne
CDM: Rakitić, Busquets, Paulinho, Arthur
LM: Coutinho, ?
RM: Dembele, Alena
ST: Suarez, Griezmann, Messi

Of course Roberto can cover multiple positions and Digne can play CB, but if you rely on that, you can only pray that you don't get injuries of Semedo and Coutinho at the same time, for example.

If we want to develop Arthur and Alena this is more than enough midfielders.
Paulinho CDM? He is anything but a DM! He will be Coutinho's sub so you have 2 players for each position. We would be well covered with this roster.
I also sincerely doubt that we'll play 4-4-2 if Griezmann comes. I suspect it will be more 4-2-3-1 or we might even go back to our 4-3-3.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

If we want to develop Arthur and Alena this is more than enough midfielders.
Paulinho CDM? He is anything but DM! He will be Coutinho's sub so you have 2 players for each position. We would be well covered with this roster.
I also sincerely doubt that we'll play 4-4-2 if Griezmann comes. I suspect it will be more 4-2-3-1 or we might even go back to our 4-3-3.

Paulinho is box to box, so a a strange mix between DM and CAM and posseses 0 qualities that he needs to cover for Coutinho (camps too much in the box and is far inferior passer). If Paulinho plays, our 442 flat becomes 442 diamond.

Anyway, I still think that if Iniesta leaves, we need another attacking playmaking midfielder, regardless of the formation.

tacticvarium

I give Aleñà credit for hitting the crossbar there but he also made the situation more difficult in the first place.
He often makes safe (and passive) decision by passing the ball to the fullbacks who is occupying the free space during the counter-attack but the striker(#38) was also ready to run into the space ahead of him. Guess Aleñà probably thought he would be able to create more space by stretching the opponent's defence but what he really did there was slow down the counter-attack and waste it.
Cucu also made the same mistake by passing the ball to Vitinho. He was supposed to run forward and make a quick low cross. Maybe Aleñà's pass was too slow so he had to slow down to receive it in this case but he frequently makes this kind of mistake as well.
It's normal for average footballers to make safer decision but good players would have created direct goal-scoring chances there.
Aleñà should also take more risks and attempt to create a more direct chance.

messi1995

[tw]980449836989284352[/tw]

Played well today. I hope the fans can give him some time because I think he will succeed. Just hope some Barca fans don't expect him to be Xavi or Iniesta because he won't reach that level. I just hope he can reach Cazorla, Thiago or David Silva's level because thats good enough too.

Home of Barca Fans